Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Jaden Sancho. I think a strong season where CHO flourishes under Lampard could do the trick. Story is they are friends from a young age. Would love to see CHO, Sancho and Pulisic as options on the wing

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/montenegro-vs-england-callum-hudson-odoi-jadon-sancho-childhood-friends-street-football-euro-2020-a8838226.html

CB: Nathan Ake - 40mil (Ake, Rudiger, Tomori, Christensen)  I can see this happening to save money for big transfers in attacking positions

LB - None. Emerson and Castillo (Call me optimistic)

RW/LW - Sancho (dream), Zaha (realistic)

ST - Don't know. Reading what others suggest. Few years ago, nobody would have thought of Firmino as a choice for a striker in the Premier League so I am open to the idea of someone who isn't typically a striker but is technically gifted to lead the line too

On 15/08/2019 at 9:27 PM, Vesper said:

the player has no legal choice, he agreed to it by signing the contract

now, if he openly says he would never want to go back to Shitty, they would be stupid to do so

you are buying £100m plus worth of trouble

Not sure that's true Vesper Mikel joined us after signing a contract for Man United.

3 hours ago, Styl1994 said:

If we buy Zaha for 70-80m I will cry rather have Neves or Bailey. 

Dembele from Lyon is who I think we will sign as a striker.

Big problem with Moussa Dembele is that if Dybala is sold, Juve will more than likely grab him, as they are so so wary (rightly so) of the cunt Wanda with Icardi.

Barca are in meltdown atm, with crazy injuries, and their Dembele (Ousamane) not only injured, but now maybe is in big trouble of (quelle surprise) dodgy African shit with his family (getting injured in Senegal and lying about it, sleeping in airports waiting for his poison brother, etc.)

Bailey is the same, just sub fucked up Jamaican yardie fam and leeches for dodgy African ones.

Unless he (Bailey) shows vast improvement amd also maturity, hard pass. Same for Ousmane Dembele atm. All the talent in the world, but is one fucked up lad as of now.

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I need to see the contract to give a definitive answer

Can't remember the ins and outs to be honest but he was presented  at OT at a presser with a Man United shirt. On a side note that geezer Chelsea first love who picked Harry Kane in next seasons team he's having a Steffi Graf :)

I would love Jadon Sancho. I think he looks like a real potential superstar. I'm secretly hoping that given time and some good game experience that CHO can develop into something as similarly productive and effective.

However, our priority has to be strengthening the spine of our team. Kepa is a very good keeper who should get better and Kante is our best player but we desperately need a top drawer centre back and centre forward. 

I would actually have no problem the club sinking as much money as they have available in those two positions just to get the best players possible. 

An upgrade at left back would be priority after that unfortunately before we should be looking at someone like Sancho.

31 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I would love Jadon Sancho. I think he looks like a real potential superstar. I'm secretly hoping that given time and some good game experience that CHO can develop into something as similarly productive and effective.

However, our priority has to be strengthening the spine of our team. Kepa is a very good keeper who should get better and Kante is our best player but we desperately need a top drawer centre back and centre forward. 

I would actually have no problem the club sinking as much money as they have available in those two positions just to get the best players possible. 

An upgrade at left back would be priority after that unfortunately before we should be looking at someone like Sancho.

I actually think @Vesper is onto something when she suggests we should try for Mbappe if he doesn't renew at Paris. Logic suggests it won't happen but he does have previous connections with us even if just a trial and dined with Hazard, Willian, Luiz, Kante and Drogba at one point last season (i know two have since left but still) so he is clearly friends with a fair number of people here.

Would be unlikely but it gives us enough scope to atleast test the water, what a statement it would be, even if we are a pitstop en route to Real.

Now back in the real world i hope Cech/Lamps/scouts can think outside the box a bit, even if there's no stand out striker about there will surely be a very good one somewhere that's compatible to our style, like Firminho is for Liverpool (no one mentioned him as a potential solution when we had our previous striker crisis pre Costa).

On 19/08/2019 at 10:41 AM, the wes said:

some Brazilian's can be hit or miss when they come to Europe look at Gabriel Barbosa for example they were calling him the next neymar and he end up flopping at inter

As was entirely predictable, and in fact predicted by me. Never good enough and fairly obviously so I think.

I haven't watched Everton Soares but he doesn't look great on YouTube.

1 hour ago, coolhead23 said:

Maddison and Nevas next summer ... Midfield sorted for few years with Kante, Mount and RLC ... 

That would be a humungous waste of resources (the two combined would cost not far off £200m).

Firstly because we already have better players than both in their positions, secondly because every other position bar GK needs reinforcements more urgently than CM and lastly neither are that good.