Super Frank Thread

54 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Not sure for definite.  If it was successful the fans wouldn't be bothered because wed get good results and be competing. Plus the fight and application his Atletico teams have shown particularly the bigger games, it is exceptional. Do we have that fight or passion in this group? Not necessarily sure. 

The problem is I don't envisage any style of play being immediately successful with our current group of players because it's such a contrasting mix.

Most of our older, experienced players have been through the Conte era, and even the Mourinho era and either suit or have been coached into them the defensive, conservative style of football.

Then we have the few players we've brought in the last 18 months and our academy players who suit a more progressive, attacking style. 

Based on the above, it makes sense to continue trying to build in a more progressive, attack minded nature rather than the defensive, pragmatic one where we'd almost be needing to rebuild again from scratch. The signing of Ziyech suggests we're not planning to waver from this currently either.

Until we're able to build with 15-18 players, let alone a squad, that all suit and complement a particular style of play we're going to have problems. This is the point of being patient, we're less than 2 years into making a complete change of philosophy which is hard enough, let alone losing a world class goalkeeper and our best player/talisman whilst navigating a transfer ban. In reality we need another couple of summer transfer windows before we're likely to be anything capable of challenging at the top of the league.Until then, we need to show some progression.

12 hours ago, Jason said:

We have injury problems, we don't have the players to play an attacking game and yet we set up trying to take Bayern head on...a little pragmatism wouldn't have hurt. 

I mentioned it in the game, Lamps has to learn to go safer in these games,you cant have so much gaps, they had tons of it. Looks like he either is adament on it or he simply has no idea how to do it. When you are outgunned and out experienced you go for a result no matter what style you love. We just cant fuck up vs bournmouth, that would sting even more.

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Plus the fight and application his Atletico teams have shown particularly the bigger games, it is exceptional. Do we have that fight or passion in this group? Not necessarily sure. 

First of all I don't think fighting and spirit is issue in our team. 

And secondly, if club legend like Lampard can't make players (and we have so many English players and academy players who support Chelsea) give their all what makes you think someone like Simeone would be able to do it? 

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

And secondly, if club legend like Lampard can't make players (and we have so many English players and academy players who support Chelsea) give their all what makes you think someone like Simeone would be able to do it? 

Are you serious? Just compare them both during the match at the touchline ffs. 

25 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

You are kidding mate? If Lamps becomes even close to what Simeone is and has done for AM then I'll take it right now. At that state give him better players and we will kill teams. DS is elite, FL is a rookie and we see this often.

DS is simply in another reality compared to FL, a huge mismatch.

27 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

You are kidding mate? If Lamps becomes even close to what Simeone is and has done for AM then I'll take it right now. At that state give him better players and we will kill teams. DS is elite, FL is a rookie and we see this often.

DS is simply in another reality compared to FL, a huge mismatch.

Of course Simeone is much better manager than Lampard. I never said one word about quality or compare them. I said if Lamps can not explain to this group of players what playing for Chelsea mean, Simeone who can't even speak English have even less chance because @OneMoSalahwas speaking about fighting and passion. 

I have said it before that I think Frank deserves a full squad to be evaluated. I still believe that, however I can see him getting sacked at the end of the season for a terrible defence, poor in game substitutes, and also what might be over training the players. It seems like the injuries our players keep getting are the same. It is not an easy call. What happens if he stays, gets a huge budget for quality players, and we see the same problems next year?

28 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Of course Simeone is much better manager than Lampard. I never said one word about quality or compare them. I said if Lamps can not explain to this group of players what playing for Chelsea mean, Simeone who can't even speak English have even less chance because @OneMoSalahwas speaking about fighting and passion. 

Yes yes I hear you mate....issue is its not about telling them, you have to show it to them. You have to harras them, guide them on the field. They must know you are there to point out their in-game flaws. What they are doing right and wrong, work on the flaws etc. The likes of DS are supreme when it comes to passion and fight, he will get your ass focused for 90min, there is a reason his teams play with such desire and will, it comes from him.

4 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Not sure for definite.  If it was successful the fans wouldn't be bothered because wed get good results and be competing. Plus the fight and application his Atletico teams have shown particularly the bigger games, it is exceptional. Do we have that fight or passion in this group? Not necessarily sure. 

fight and application in defending and stop the game as much as possible with fouls. 

I agree chelsea players don't have that fight and passion, so need someone who teach them to play football instead of wrestling imho 

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Look at us under Conte in his first year compared to now,  the difference is huge. The fight in this team isnt there for me, we concede one goal roll over and end up losing even more. Man City game at the Etihad under Antonio was one of the best big games weve played in years, 1-0 down but won 3-1, agter that equalizer it looked pretty obvious we would go on to win the game.imo because we did all the things you want to see from.a big team.in a big game.

As for the other comment about English. He might not speak English but neither did Ancelotti, Conte, Pep or Klopp either at some point. Its not as if he cant learn.... Allegri also learning. As well as many many others who have over time. 

Nah, it was the right decision to get rid off Conte at that time. Remember the match against City in his last season when the players actually refused to play football.

I was also in favour of bringing in Sarri but in hindsight you gotta admit we didn‘t choose the right manager. However, Lampard is an experiment in a crucial time. Next season will show what our future is.

I still believe Simeone would suit Chelsea 100%. Aggressive, passionate, workhorse. Exactly the traits of the young Mourinho who gave us our most successful period in the Chelsea history. 

We don‘t have to play amazing, beautiful football. Chelsea has always been known as a physical, strong and aggressive team that wins titles. That‘s what we do.

After another match I have to say honestly:

If we can get Pochetino go for him. If not, I rather keep Lampard. 

Anything else is a same situation of past managers. No improvement in youth and boring futbol. 

If no Poch, Lampard is the best manager to keep for another season. 

3 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I'm going to go into self imposed exile for a while (or maybe quarantine is more apt with the coronavirus ) so here's my final post on Lampard.

I'm not trying to stir up a hornets nest here but in my opinion Lampard hasn't got the minerals to be a top coach. You can argue he was dealt a bad hand with the transfer ban, injuries and the board not sanctioning any buys in January but I think it's etched on his face he realises what a big job he's taken on and he at the moment can't provide the answers.

Kepa has gone backwards, he's had six different centre back pairings and none of them look particularly good. Aspi hasn't been great at right back even worse at left back and while none of us thought Emerson was Roberto Carlos but he's been awful. Kante has been shit since his injury and I'm not convinced with either Tammy or Mount their young and could improve but they were playing in the championship last season and at times it shows.

I said months ago that he should have appointed an experienced no 2 someone like McClaren dreadful manager but good coach. I really can't see Jody Morris telling Frank what to do and to be honest I don't think Lampard would listen anyway I do think and probably most will disagree that Lampard comes across as a bit pleased with himself.

Nine home defeats already and with Liverpool on the horizon it will if not against them hit double figures this season and for a team that went 86 games unbeaten that's an appalling stat. Bottom line is Lampard's status is keeping him in the job I know a lot of fans will disagree and I can understand the reluctance to slag him off but lets be honest anyone else and they'd be gone look at the shit Sarri took. If things don't improve Lampard will be gone in October and talking of going that's me for a while KTBFFH and Carefree where ever you may be.

I don't think there is any need for this, you give a lot to the forum, keep giving it.

Drop me a DM to chat further if you feel you want to fella.

36 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I'm going to go into self imposed exile for a while (or maybe quarantine is more apt with the coronavirus ) so here's my final post on Lampard.

I'm not trying to stir up a hornets nest here but in my opinion Lampard hasn't got the minerals to be a top coach. You can argue he was dealt a bad hand with the transfer ban, injuries and the board not sanctioning any buys in January but I think it's etched on his face he realises what a big job he's taken on and he at the moment can't provide the answers.

Kepa has gone backwards, he's had six different centre back pairings and none of them look particularly good. Aspi hasn't been great at right back even worse at left back and while none of us thought Emerson was Roberto Carlos but he's been awful. Kante has been shit since his injury and I'm not convinced with either Tammy or Mount their young and could improve but they were playing in the championship last season and at times it shows.

I said months ago that he should have appointed an experienced no 2 someone like McClaren dreadful manager but good coach. I really can't see Jody Morris telling Frank what to do and to be honest I don't think Lampard would listen anyway I do think and probably most will disagree that Lampard comes across as a bit pleased with himself.

Nine home defeats already and with Liverpool on the horizon it will if not against them hit double figures this season and for a team that went 86 games unbeaten that's an appalling stat. Bottom line is Lampard's status is keeping him in the job I know a lot of fans will disagree and I can understand the reluctance to slag him off but lets be honest anyone else and they'd be gone look at the shit Sarri took. If things don't improve Lampard will be gone in October and talking of going that's me for a while KTBFFH and Carefree where ever you may be.

Tbh sad but it's true. I think he does have the potential but it's to early. He should've stayed at Derby got more years under him before coming here. Especially given the situation when he came.. ban and losing such a big player. It seems silly to go down the route again after we paid Conte a ridiculous amount of money for his parting but who knows..we turn a corner then turn back right away