Super Frank Thread

12 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Again nothing but a apologist fuck off back to the middle class wankers on the shed end forum Argo, 

Guessing you don't post there? Let me guess you got a dressing down and a deserved ban for trying to turn that place into fighting cock mark 2 (ie you must slag the club off like your a Spurs fan). 

You can spin it whatever way you like but the fact is we have brought in many man young and inexperienced lads to the squad this season who will need time before their mentally ready for the pressure to win every week. Add that to the fact they have no world class players to feed off bar maybe Kova on current form and the fact you're holding them to the same expectations as you would the old guard in their prime (or atleast implying it) is not just unrealistic, it's dispicable. If you're actually telling the truth that you've been following the club since the 70s then quite frankly that makes your behaviour and lack of patience for a team who lost their game changer without the chance to replace him and bringing the best part of a dozen young lads into the fold and given them significant minutes one million times worse.

Fans like you are the reason we have a reputation as plastic glory hunters, because you want it all and you want it now and when you don't get it you act like a brat and spit your dummy out, like one of these "yummy mummys" who want a real life doll but don't want to deal with the growing pains or the piss and shit that comes with it. I genuinely hope you have no impact in a young person's life, because with your "you can't develop and must be perfect immediately" dictatorial attitude they will almost certainly develop serious mental health issues largely if not solely down to you.

People like you represent everything that's wrong with not only football fans but this country, let me guess, you're a keen pro Boris and Brexit fan?

23 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Guessing you don't post there? Let me guess you got a dressing down and a deserved ban for trying to turn that place into fighting cock mark 2 (ie you must slag the club off like your a Spurs fan). 

You can spin it whatever way you like but the fact is we have brought in many man young and inexperienced lads to the squad this season who will need time before their mentally ready for the pressure to win every week. Add that to the fact they have no world class players to feed off bar maybe Kova on current form and the fact you're holding them to the same expectations as you would the old guard in their prime (or atleast implying it) is not just unrealistic, it's dispicable. If you're actually telling the truth that you've been following the club since the 70s then quite frankly that makes your behaviour and lack of patience for a team who lost their game changer without the chance to replace him and bringing the best part of a dozen young lads into the fold and given them significant minutes one million times worse.

Fans like you are the reason we have a reputation as plastic glory hunters, because you want it all and you want it now and when you don't get it you act like a brat and spit your dummy out, like one of these "yummy mummys" who want a real life doll but don't want to deal with the growing pains or the piss and shit that comes with it. I genuinely hope you have no impact in a young person's life, because with your "you can't develop and must be perfect immediately" dictatorial attitude they will almost certainly develop serious mental health issues largely if not solely down to you.

People like you represent everything that's wrong with not only football fans but this country, let me guess, you're a keen pro Boris and Brexit fan?

I'm pretty pissed i actually went to the game some of us do I'm skimming this my polItics are RMT rep since 1992 and a Labour party member since 1984 at the height of the miners strike. I'm a shed boy of nearly 50 years you follow Chelsea on the internet that's all you've never been to the bridge if you have it's on your own sitting on your own changing the names on the programme because that just wouldn't do. Post your Chelsea history mate and then I'll post mine and we'll then we'll see who is plastic Argo.

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I'm a shed boy of nearly 50 years 

And like keep saying, that makes it 1 million times worse that you won't offer any understanding or leeway towards a team who lose their game changer (not to mention losing a world class keeper the year before and Kante declining before our eyes) and rebuild with young players.

You've seen us in our very very worst ebb yet you can't offer even a little bit of leeway and patience to top homegrown Chelsea boys playing their first season in a major league? I know a few old timers aswell and because of seeing those times some have a massive sense of perspective, one even now sees anything above 40 points as a bonus.

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

you've never been to the bridge if you have it's on your own sitting on your own changing the names on the programme

Ah that old chestnut, Rory Jennings is that you?

I don't attend every single game purely because of the fact it's not financially viable with everything else in my life (family and freinds scattered round the world alongside my job requiring a lot of travelling meaning a lot of my funds go on flights alone) however I will always be up to watch a match when I'm away unless it's work hours and then if that's the case I watch the match back in full on the all. I was in Australia for a fair chunk of Conte's second season and i stayed all night up to watch games despite 12 hour shifts the next day. I however have a membership and every single game I'll be able to attend I'm up at seven o clock on the dot going through the excruciating VWR using my phone, laptop and tablet to give me the best chance of getting through (especially early in the season when it's a lot harder, I even accept restricted view when it's that or nothing).

The last game I went to was Burnley last month, if you did the same you would if you take the tube know there were delays on Fulham Broadway which meant we were redirected to Earls Court. I would go to every game if I could but unfortunately when I'm in places like Sydney earning the money to return to The Bridge I can't get the time off to fly there and back, sorry!

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

And like keep saying, that makes it 1 million times worse that you won't offer any understanding or leeway towards a team who lose their game changer (not to mention losing a world class keeper the year before and Kante declining before our eyes) and rebuild with young players.

You've seen us in our very very worst ebb yet you can't offer even a little bit of leeway and patience to top homegrown Chelsea boys playing their first season in a major league? I know a few old timers aswell and because of seeing those times some have a massive sense of perspective, one even now sees anything above 40 points as a bonus.

Ah that old chestnut, Rory Jennings is that you?

I don't attend every single game purely because of the fact it's not financially viable with everything else in my life (family and freinds scattered round the world alongside my job requiring a lot of travelling meaning a lot of my funds go on flights alone) however I will always be up to watch a match unless it's work hours. I was in Australia for a fair chunk of Conte's second season and i stayed all night up to watch games despite 12 hour shifts the next day. I however have a membership and every single game I'll be able to attend I'm up at seven o clock on the dot going through the excruciating VWR using my phone, laptop and tablet to give me the best chance of getting through (especially early in the season when it's a lot harder, I even accept restricted view when it's that or nothing).

The last game I went to was Burnley last month, if you did the same you would if you take the tube know there were delays on Fulham Broadway which meant we were redirected to Earls Court. I would go to every game if I could but unfortunately when I'm in places like Sydney earning the money to return to The Bridge I can't get the time off to fly there and back, sorry!

Again skimming but excuses have there uses and now there all used up.Night night and don't forget to get your mum to tuck you in there's a good boy

Anyway @Jason can something be done about Iggy?

I've never in my near decade on here reported anyone but for over a week now he's been targeting me and insulting me because I won't follow his party lines. People like him are almost certainly why you lost posters like The Skipper, Peace, Styles etc al and they won't be the last without appropriate action taken.

Even now after a week of this I've still tried to discuss reasonably with him (after he again targeted a footballing post of mine in a conversation he was not involved in) and you only need to look at his following reaction.

Although this site certainly won't miss him and may even be a positive baby step to bringing it back to what it once was I won't ask for him to be banned or anything, but can't there be a rule imposed where he's not allowed to mention me in any way shape or form (and i will happily agree to the same in reverse) and more importantly that he can't go targeting other posters in the same way because make no mistake I know his type and i certainly won't be the last if you don't take any action, if anything he'll be even worse next time.

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

Anyway @Jason can something be done about Iggy?

I've never in my near decade on here reported anyone but for over a week now he's been targeting me and insulting me because I won't follow his party lines. People like him are almost certainly why you lost posters like The Skipper, Peace, Styles etc al and they won't be the last without appropriate action taken.

Even now after a week of this I've still tried to discuss reasonably with him (after he again targeted a footballing post of mine in a conversation he was not involved in) and you only need to look at his following reaction.

Although this site certainly won't miss him and may even be a positive baby step to bringing it back to what it once was I won't ask for him to be banned or anything, but can't there be a rule imposed where he's not allowed to mention me in any way shape or form (and i will happily agree to the same in reverse) and more importantly that he can't go targeting other posters in the same way because make no mistake I know his type and i certainly won't be the last if you don't take any action, if anything he'll be even worse next time.

Think I now understand why CHOULO, Alex etc all decided to quit as mods/admins...

45 minutes ago, Jason said:

Think I now understand why CHOULO, Alex etc all decided to quit as mods/admins...

I'm sorry I have to do this but he's made it pretty obvious that this isn't stopping anytime soon, and the fact that even @Mana is backing my side of things given how often we clash ourselves says everything.

All I ask is that he's told never to adknowlege me again in any way shape or form or be allowed to do this to other posters (which he will if he gets free reign), I am more than happy to leave it at that so in theory this "nightmare" can be over in the next five minutes.

3 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Tomo I apologise I should know better I've let things become personal which is not on. My outbursts are usually after the game when I've been drinking not a great excuse but I'm old enough to know better. Posters should be challenged on their pov but only on  football matters and I've crossed the line. I do have a geezer down the pub sort of pov and it can be a bit raw I'm no shrinking violet and nor are my mates but that's where I should leave it in the pub. We are all Chelsea fans and as one of the old guard I should encourage younger fans not berate them I've let the forum down I'm old enough to know better so it's time for me to self moderate.

Sorry Again Iggy.

This is so refreshing to read and fair play to you. Lets now put all this to bed as it has become tedious and took a topic way off track.

Both you and Tomo are brilliant contributors to this forum so please continue doing that.

SJ

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

This is so refreshing to read and fair play to you. Lets now put all this to bed as it has become tedious and took a topic way off track.

Both you and Tomo are brilliant contributors to this forum so please continue doing that.

SJ

Agree, end of the day we're all Chelsea fans and all want the best for this club, everyone just has different ways of expressing it!

If people didn't have differing opinions then there would be no need for a forum.

Turning up at the office today full of Bayern fans really tips me over the edge.

The gap between us and Bayern has been astonishing and scandalous. Although no one was expecting a win here, it is still shocking to see how far we've sunk. 

First and foremost our defence is a catastrophe. Sort it out, Frank.

6 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Turning up at the office today full of Bayern fans really tips me over the edge.

The gap between us and Bayern has been astonishing and scandalous. Although no one was expecting a win here, it is still shocking to see how far we've sunk. 

First and foremost our defence is a catastrophe. Sort it out, Frank.

You can see how far we have sunk just purely based on the PL, without mentioning Europe's elite.

43 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Tomo I apologise I should know better I've let things become personal which is not on. My outbursts are usually after the game when I've been drinking not a great excuse but I'm old enough to know better. Posters should be challenged on their pov but only on  football matters and I've crossed the line. I do have a geezer down the pub sort of pov and it can be a bit raw I'm no shrinking violet and nor are my mates but that's where I should leave it in the pub. We are all Chelsea fans and as one of the old guard I should encourage younger fans not berate them I've let the forum down I'm old enough to know better so it's time for me to self moderate.

Sorry Again Iggy.

Thankyou and I apologize aswell as I crossed the line in areas especially with the Boris/Brexit comments, I got wound up but still that type of shit is uncalled for.

11 hours ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Tbh, I think we have to realize that Frank will never be able to sort out the defence. Would have really enjoyed a Simeone in the dugout.

simeone is good for atletico madrid. with his idea of football, stanford bridge would sing fuck simeone-ball after 10 minutes of the first match 

7 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

simeone is good for atletico madrid. with his idea of football, stanford bridge would sing fuck simeone-ball after 10 minutes of the first match 

Not sure for definite.  If it was successful the fans wouldn't be bothered because wed get good results and be competing. Plus the fight and application his Atletico teams have shown particularly the bigger games, it is exceptional. Do we have that fight or passion in this group? Not necessarily sure.