Super Frank Thread

3 minutes ago, Chelsea_firstlove said:

Did you read my list? Did I wrong? Or Chelsea should offer new contract for Pedro, Willian, Giroud, etc.?

If anyone believe it's doable to keep this player, then they are seriously deluded.

I did but I never said anything keeping this or that, did I? All I said was, I don't consider letting players go on a free as selling because we don't get anything in return!

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

I did but I never said anything keeping this or that, did I? All I said was, I don't consider letting players go on a free as selling because we don't get anything in return!

I don't understand.

You said: "If anyone believe it's doable to sell half of the squad in one go, then they are seriously deluded."

It's mean that you considered, did you? If you don't consider, why you said that?

17 minutes ago, Chelsea_firstlove said:

I don't understand.

You said: "If anyone believe it's doable to sell half of the squad in one go, then they are seriously deluded."

It's mean that you considered, did you? If you don't consider, why you said that?

You do know the meaning of "sell" right? I don't consider those leaving on a free as selling because we don't get anything in return but that doesn't mean I don't agree with them leaving.

Pedro, Giroud and most likely Caballero will leave on a free. Willian is 70-30, for me, to leave at the moment. Won't be surprised if the board end up offering him a 2 + 1 contract extension or something like that.

We will very likely sell one of the left backs to make space for a new one but that aside, the rest is up in the air, a wishlist only. Plus, we don't have exactly a bottomless budget to spend big money on new players to replace all outgoings in one transfer window and if we don't qualify for the Champions League, the budget becomes even smaller than if we qualify for the Champions League, which will impact our ins and outs. 

4 hours ago, Chelsea_firstlove said:

I agree with you that it's shit source but let's count:

Pedro, Giroud: 100% out

Alonso or Emerson: 100% one of them out. We need a new LB.

Willian 99% out

One of our CBs 100% out. We need a new CB.

Kepa, Willy: one of them or both out. Lampard doesn't trust Kepa, he will be sold or be a backup GK in next season. We need a new GK. Willy will out of contract in this summer.  

At least one of our centre attack mids 100% out. Too much players in this position. RLC, Mount, BARKLEY( must out), maybe Gallagher and young academy players.

Ziyech, Kovacic, Pulisic can play as CAM too. 

50 % Batshuayi out.

Summary, I sure 7 players will out at least.

We have so many injuries it's actualky ridiculous. I can't help but think that it has to do with Lampards training method. 

If it really is because of the training, then he has to change the way he's training the squad. A less intense training means less injuries. Imagine if we had a fully fit squad. That would change a lot tbh.

44 minutes ago, Azul said:

We have so many injuries it's actualky ridiculous. I can't help but think that it has to do with Lampards training method. 

If it really is because of the training, then he has to change the way he's training the squad. A less intense training means less injuries. Imagine if we had a fully fit squad. That would change a lot tbh.

I think your right, must be he is overworking the lot, where the fuck is Puli, he has been gobe forever, did he have a spat with FL maybe? What a mess of a season overall.

11 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

I think your right, must be he is overworking the lot, where the fuck is Puli, he has been gobe forever, did he have a spat with FL maybe? What a mess of a season overall.

Frank said in his presser today Pulisic re-injured the muscle trying to come back weeks ago. Frank said he had the same injury that kept  him out for three months.

46 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Frank said in his presser today Pulisic re-injured the muscle trying to come back weeks ago. Frank said he had the same injury that kept  him out for three months.

Damn....we will likely not see him rest of the season.....fucking BS.

1 hour ago, manpe said:

One thing I've been thinking about and one thing I don't see discussed at all. Frank, Morris, Edwards - they are all rookies at this level. They've coached kids and a championship team for a season, but nobody really has got any clue at this level. It's bad enough a total newbie like Frank was thrown in head first at such a bad time, but his staff is also filled with rookies! I think Frank would benefit quite a lot from adding experience from a higher level to his coaching staff, like a total nobody Avram Grant did with Henk ten Cate and Steve Clarke. I'm not saying necessarily replace Jody, just saying his staff could use some additions and he could use a (co-)assistant head coach of greater pedigree.

Said the same thing last week.

On 2/19/2020 at 7:43 PM, Jason said:

One point that I think is rarely mentioned is that whether Lampard has surrounded himself with the right coaching staff. Jody Morris, Joe Edwards etc are good at what they do but they are still inexperienced at the highest level and that coupled with Lampard's own inexperience feels like a recipe for disaster, and they all feel like his people. There's no one experienced to maybe provide some sort of guidance or advice in these tough period. 

With Leicester losing it seems like a Benitez season is in the card. 

You all remember that season where we was going to finish outside of top 4 and then have no idea how we end up in 3rd place? 

I remember mentioning this about 2 months ago how this season might end up being just like that. Chelsea finished 3rd despite the ups and downs of this season. 

Let's see what happens. 🙂

16 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Agree Manpe - it is a steep learning curve for all. Apparently they all go for a run together and discuss tactics that way ! But a wiser head in the background wouldn't be amiss.

Guus Hiddink and Avram Grant FTW

:ph34r:

Image result for Guus Hiddink and Avram GrantImage result for Avram Grant

Image result for lol gif

Chelsea bosses understand club’s new place in shifting landscape, says coach Frank Lampard

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/chelsea-frank-lampard-bosses-understand-new-position-champions-league-defeat-bayern-munich-a9366281.html

Frank Lampard has said his Chelsea bosses fully understand the Blues’ place in a shifting Premier League pecking order.

The Chelsea manager believes the top-flight landscape has changed, with Manchester City and Liverpool muscling into the centre of that picture, and has said owner Roman Abramovich and director Marina Granovskaia share his views on the club’s route back to the top.

“I think the landscape of the Premier League has changed,” said Lampard.

“Manchester City and Liverpool have set incredible standards in the league, and also we had some outside influences with the [transfer] ban and with circumstance – a huge player [Eden Hazard] left the club. Those things are there.

“We are certainly on the same page here when I speak with the board and we have all our conversations - there is no doubt we know we are fighting for fourth place.”

snip

54 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea bosses understand club’s new place in shifting landscape, says coach Frank Lampard

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/chelsea-frank-lampard-bosses-understand-new-position-champions-league-defeat-bayern-munich-a9366281.html

Frank Lampard has said his Chelsea bosses fully understand the Blues’ place in a shifting Premier League pecking order.

The Chelsea manager believes the top-flight landscape has changed, with Manchester City and Liverpool muscling into the centre of that picture, and has said owner Roman Abramovich and director Marina Granovskaia share his views on the club’s route back to the top.

“I think the landscape of the Premier League has changed,” said Lampard.

“Manchester City and Liverpool have set incredible standards in the league, and also we had some outside influences with the [transfer] ban and with circumstance – a huge player [Eden Hazard] left the club. Those things are there.

“We are certainly on the same page here when I speak with the board and we have all our conversations - there is no doubt we know we are fighting for fourth place.”

snip

Ohh they know the landscape now do they? Do they also recognise we are here cuz of them having not much know-how? Shambolic is what they are.

I think the major issue is defense. 

Because attack minded he has the right philosophy. 

Mind you that City and Liverpool improve massively with top defenders. 

I know Lampard ain't in that bracket of manager, but I'm sure our win rates will improve massively with a top defense. Defense should be our priority this summer.