Fikayo Tomori

Captain Ahmed

8 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Tomori is becoming the new Luiz. Great passing range, skill and pace with the occasional fuck up. 

Let’s have some sort of stability first. He’s being shifted from a CB three to a two every other game. His positioning will be off if there isn’t any understanding. 

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Tomori is becoming the new Luiz. Great passing range, skill and pace with the occasional fuck up. 

He is a young CB. They usually tend to be error prone. It is very rare to have a young CB in title winning team. 

We are not competing for anything this season and maybe next season so no problem. 

9 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Young defender of 21 years of age are bound to make some fuck ups. I am pretty sure the likes of JT, puyol, cannavaro made some mistakes too. Point is they learned and evolved, luiz never did.

Also Tomori is showing to be a brilliant defender. Luiz is just a fuck up with a good pass on him.

He's been hugely promising and a big surprise to me. Not only is he regularly outmuscling opponents defense idly in 1v1 situations, but he's also extremely good at carrying the ball forward. Add in his fantastic recovery pace and we have the makings of a top class CB.

I hope at some point we see a back 3 with all of Rüdiger, Zouma, and Tomori in it. Reece, and Emerson as wing backs. The athleticism and pace would be unreal.

9 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Young defender of 21 years of age are bound to make some fuck ups. I am pretty sure the likes of JT, puyol, cannavaro made some mistakes too. Point is they learned and evolved, luiz never did.

Also Tomori is showing to be a brilliant defender. Luiz is just a fuck up with a good pass on him.

Yeah. Just look at De Ligt, rock solid at Ajax but fucking up alot in Juventus. No doubt he is a beast but need to be comfortable in the team and learn to play along his new teamates. Just like Tomori.

Im so impressed with how Tomori is playing and the decision he makes, so mature in his game :cig:

It's crazy when you consider it has only been about half a dozen games but his rise has been so meteoric. 

From what I've seen, he has literally everything needed for a top centre back and his only real weakness at present is his lack of experience, particularly from a positional perspective at times but that will develop and he's so quick in the recovery it hasn't posed any problems anyway.

If he continues the way he has been, I could seriously see him being first choice for England by the time Euro 2020 comes round.

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I keep forgetting Tomori's eligible for England, it's always been stuck in my head that he's Canadian (which he like 1/3 is).

Given the current options at CB there's actually a chance for him to secure a place early on for England like he has here, unfortunately Tammy has a lot tougher a task.

Tammy won't displace Kane from the England team anytime soon, but I think he has an excellent chance of being next in line behind Kane which will present him with more than enough chances and opportunities to take.

59 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Tammy won't displace Kane from the England team anytime soon, but I think he has an excellent chance of being next in line behind Kane which will present him with more than enough chances and opportunities to take.

Unless Kane is injured he will play every game. Think Tammy should of went to play for Nigeria. Hed be their number 1 every international break. But hey let him have a shot at it but if I was Southgate and Kane was fully fit its a no brainer unfortunately for Tammy.

Unless Kane is injured he will play every game. Think Tammy should of went to play for Nigeria. Hed be their number 1 every international break. But hey let him have a shot at it but if I was Southgate and Kane was fully fit its a no brainer unfortunately for Tammy.
This is nothing more than Southgate "locking them down".

8 hours ago, Pizy said:

He's been hugely promising and a big surprise to me. Not only is he regularly outmuscling opponents defense idly in 1v1 situations, but he's also extremely good at carrying the ball forward. Add in his fantastic recovery pace and we have the makings of a top class CB.

I hope at some point we see a back 3 with all of Rüdiger, Zouma, and Tomori in it. Reece, and Emerson as wing backs. The athleticism and pace would be unreal.

Zouma?!

giphy.gif