Fikayo Tomori

Captain Ahmed

On 27/04/2021 at 00:18, OneMoSalah said:

I think people will never be happy with our youngsters. Was same with Lewis Bate being better/could be better than Billy Gilmour last season. Some folk will never be happy. 

I'm not aware of anyone but me saying anything which could be misrepresented as meaning what you write here. If anyone did say Lewis is outright a better footballer than Billy then that is their opinion and they must defend it. What I said, and what I'm convinced is true, is that Lewis is more talented than Billy. His touch is better and he carries the ball better.

All things being equal a more technically able player will be a more effective player, but all other things are seldom equal. Many factors come into play and, initially, judgements have to be made. Eventually however achievements will tell. In the case of these two players 'eventually' hasn't happened yet.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

• 3 months later...

Frank Lampard opens up on decision to sell former Chelsea star Fikayo Tomori

https://metro.co.uk/2021/09/23/frank-lampard-opens-up-on-decision-to-sell-former-Chelsea-star-fikayo-tomori-15305323/

‘It was a difficult story in the end because we had too many centre-halves in the end in the second year at Chelsea and I really wanted to help him but I’m not sure he really understood that.

‘It is hard when you are at the top level because it is so cut throat and there are always difficult periods for young players.’