The Mourinho Thread

Jose Mourinho says he is happy with his Chelsea squad for now but admits he is always looking to improve it.

Mourinho is delighted with his transfer business this summer after drafting in Filipe Luis, Cesc Fabregas, Diego Costa and Didier Drogba, and has suggested his transfer window is now closed.

However the Blues boss says he is always on the look out for quality additions and there could be more activity before the deadline passes at the end of the month.

"Do I have any weakness in the side?" he said. "Every squad could be better. No manager is satisfied or has the perfect squad that can't be improved.

"But I like this squad. The club got me the three targets I asked for, in left back, midfield and striker - two strikers in fact as Drogba returned.

"We have the squad we want, it's not perfect. It's the squad for tomorrow, next season and the young players for the next five to 10 years."

However one position he is very happy with is central defence.

"I have Cahill, Ivanovic, Terry and Zouma, we are fine for cover," he added.

https://www.clubcall.com/chelsea/jose-drops-transfer-hint-1736077.html

Daily Mail headline: Jose Mourinho is not happy with squad. Hints at further transfer activity

I wonder how is Mou happy with strikers we have in season that we will openly chase title(s).

Also what is so special in 4:2:3:1? He was one of first to try 4:3:3 when he first came here and it was success. We have proper players to go with 4:3:3 and our overall game will have to be much faster to beat teams that park bus against us.

Having said that, I still think Mou will sign another top player.

I wonder how is Mou happy with strikers we have in season that we will openly chase title(s).

Also what is so special in 4:2:3:1? He was one of first to try 4:3:3 when he first came here and it was success. We have proper players to go with 4:3:3 and our overall game will have to be much faster to beat teams that park bus against us.

Having said that, I still think Mou will sign another top player.

The 4-3-3 worked so well because a lot of teams were playing in a 4-4-2. 4-3-3 always dominates the 4-4-2 as it's 3 on 2 in midfield.

Nowadays the majority of the teams play a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1( basically a 4-5-1 when defending) so the midfield is usually clogged up and there's no way of getting an extra man in midfield.

I think he likes the 4-2-3-1 because it offers a solid defensive platform with the 4 defenders and the 2 midfielders sitting in front of the defense but also gives us a lot of fluidity with the 3 am's behind the striker.

Also with the amount of quality am's we have it does seem logical to utilise a formation that allows us to play 3 of them.

Mourinho: "The market is open. You never know what can happen. You don't know the reaction of players in these last days"

Mourinho on the goalkeeper situation: "I don't think any manager happy to see one player not comfortable."

Mourinho: "OR if Petr plays, Courtois can think about leaving and vice versa. I cannot have one top keeper on the bench for 3 or 4 months"

Mourinho: "The market is open. You never know what can happen. You don't know the reaction of players in these last days"

Mourinho on the goalkeeper situation: "I don't think any manager happy to see one player not comfortable."

Mourinho: "OR if Petr plays, Courtois can think about leaving and vice versa. I cannot have one top keeper on the bench for 3 or 4 months"

1. We still can buy someone.

2. Сech Will Leave. :cry::cry::cry:

I bet if this was when he was first at the club, he would have gone on a spending spree. FFP has put an end to that to a certain extent.

When Mourinho joined the club the first time, there weren't many top players in the team. What else is there to spend on now? We have 2 of the best top 5 goal keepers in the world, we have the most solid defense in the PL, a world class midfield and one of the very best strikers in the world.

Your speculation is foolish.

When Mourinho joined the club the first time, there weren't many top players in the team. What else is there to spend on now? We have 2 of the best top 5 goal keepers in the world, we have the most solid defense in the PL, a world class midfield and one of the very best strikers in the world.

Your speculation is foolish.

It not at all. If Costa gets injured, what happens then?

If we sell Cech, what happens then?

You have to be prepared for the worst scenario. You clearly aren't!

I think we are waiting to have a place for a foreign player to buy someone, that's the feeling I got watching this press conference.

Exactly.

I think mou is looking for who is available. If Dimaria/reus/benatia is available, why not?

Every manager wants to improve his side if the option is available.

The possibility of further transfer business, either incoming or outgoing, cannot be ruled out until the closure of the window at the end of the month, but Mourinho is pleased with the players he currently has at his disposal.

‘The market is open and experience tells us all you can never say what’s going to happen,’ he stated.

^^ One last signing boys and gals :D?