The Mourinho Thread

Klopp is a very good manager and still finding his feet. I really wanted him here at Chelsea until the dippers got him. Obviously they'd lose games but they look much more consistent than under Brendan.

He will probably fix the issue in the summer, but their is only so much he can do with that current side.

I agree with the poster. You might want to see him gone but he doesn't deserve this amount of insult and vitriol. You'd never seen Utd fans insulting Ferguson like this or Liverpool fans insulting dalglish even if those managers were struggling with results because they recognise what he's done for them in the past. Let's give Mourinho that same treatment.

Obviously you haven't seen the amount of insults hurled at these two individuals when things went bad with both Man Utd and Pool under the reigns of Meessrs Ferguson and Dalglish. What I have posted is pretty mild and it doesn't even resemble vitriol. Just because I want Mourinho out gets all the fanboys riled up and they start cussing and swearing blue streaks.

Mourinho is NOT going to change his approach to matches, tactics or team selection. Hence, things will continue as they are. If you can accept that, then I can see why you would want him to stay.

I don't mean you actively want him as manager, but If it ended up happening and he flopped badly, would you like being called a Ray fanboy for not being too harsh on him?

In a hypothetical situation, if Wilkins messed things up with no signs of improvement or positive changes as a manager at Chelsea, I would want him out as well. Club before players or managers. That has always been my motto.

Obviously you haven't seen the amount of insults hurled at these two individuals when things went bad with both Man Utd and Pool under the reigns of Meessrs Ferguson and Dalglish. What I have posted is pretty mild and it doesn't even resemble vitriol. Just because I want Mourinho out gets all the fanboys riled up and they start cussing and swearing blue streaks.

Mourinho is NOT going to change his approach to matches, tactics or team selection. Hence, things will continue as they are. If you can accept that, then I can see why you would want him to stay.

I don't want him to stay, I want him gone now. But I also recognise what he's done for us in the past and deserves to be treated with respect regardless of what happens. We're not talking about Benitez here or some random manager who managed us for a half season. This is Jose Mourinho, our greatest ever manager who's brought us a lot of success and has played a huge part in transforming our club to what is today. If you can't at least recognise that then you deserve to be called a plastic.

In a hypothetical situation, if Wilkins messed things up with no signs of improvement or positive changes as a manager at Chelsea, I would want him out as well. Club before players or managers. That has always been my motto.

Fair enough, I don't mind critism or wanting him out but the fanboy route Is to far for me.

Last season people were crtitical of Drogbas on pitch displays but always remained respectful to him, can't see why that can't be the case now with Jose.

So it is probably all down to Porto game? If we manage to get a poor draw, than Mourinho is safe once again? Than we can go on losing points in Premier league and blaming referees, weather, players but not once himself or his tactic. Managers before Mourinho were sacked if they lost 1 game in a month .. he only managed to win 1 in a month. And fans are still chanting his name? That is great, nice support, thumbs up .. but why am I never hearing support for Willian or Zouma, our best performers this year? I am only hearing "Jose Mourinho" and "Diego, Diego!" ... great :)

Why is manager even their, on the bench, in trainings, in the locker room before match? His main duties are motivation and tactics and he has failed on both ends of the floor. We are playing 4-2-3-1 formation from day 1 and we are playing with 8 or 9 same players from day 1. On the other hand motivation is even worse ... we were all praising Hazard as the best player in the world next to Messi and Ronaldo in last season, Matić as the best defensive midfielder and so on. Now you are telling me that we need to replace this players (including Costa, Fabregas, ...) because they are sh*t and they are the ones to blame for bad results?

You are talking about long term and consistency. But what is there to pursue? We play like sh*t, we have bad results, we don't promote youth, we don't progress on team or individual level and we certainly don't have a great public image because of all the media and press conference crap.

TOP4 is not lost if we act quickly but with every game and with every point lost we are further away. Don't wait, just do it! There are still some good coaches out there, but what we need right now is shock therapy. We need to wake up our squad and if it is possible we should bring attacking coach because we need to win every game from now on. Laudrup, Sampaoli, Bielsa ..

IMO I don't think he will be sacked..i think he has the support of the board and the most important person i.e marina granovskaia ..i think they will let go off this season and back him up in the summer transfer market

I don't want him to stay, I want him gone now. But I also recognise what he's done for us in the past and deserves to be treated with respect regardless of what happens. We're not talking about Benitez here or some random manager who managed us for a half season. This is Jose Mourinho, our greatest ever manager who's brought us a lot of success and has played a huge part in transforming our club to what is today. If you can't at least recognise that then you deserve to be called a plastic.

I mentioned before that I recognize that.

And what?

IMO I don't think he will be sacked..i think he has the support of the board and the most important person i.e marina granovskaia ..i think they will let go off this season and back him up in the summer transfer market

then they will be more stupid than I ever thought possible .

Fair enough, I don't mind critism or wanting him out but the fanboy route Is to far for me.

Last season people were crtitical of Drogbas on pitch displays but always remained respectful to him, can't see why that can't be the case now with Jose.

The "fanboy" label is directed squarely at those who would want to stick with Mourinho thick and thin even if the club was relegated.

I respect Mourinho's achievements but I don't live in the past. The position in the table and the turgid football should be a wake up call for all Chelsea fans!

So because i have a different opinion than you do i'm a fanboy and blind?

Will the majority of the match goers ever really turn their back on Jose Mourinho?

Maybe he will go in the future, but never ever boo one of your own, imo.

The situation is really ridiculous, finally something we can agree on, but i show unity instead of disrespect, i think everyone handles it differently, but i can't agree on your methods!

That makes two of us in conflict because I don't agree with you sticking by with Mourinho. How long do you want to persist with him? Next summer? 3 years from now?

Mourinho isn't a long term manager and his track record shows that. Couple with his aversion to blooding youth from the academy unlike other long term coaches such as Wenger and Ferguson, it beggars belief why any sane football fan would expect Mourinho to stay for more than 3 years and continue to bring success.

So it is probably all down to Porto game? If we manage to get a poor draw, than Mourinho is safe once again? Than we can go on losing points in Premier league and blaming referees, weather, players but not once himself or his tactic. Managers before Mourinho were sacked if they lost 1 game in a month .. he only managed to win 1 in a month. And fans are still chanting his name? That is great, nice support, thumbs up .. but why am I never hearing support for Willian or Zouma, our best performers this year? I am only hearing "Jose Mourinho" and "Diego, Diego!" ... great :)

Why is manager even their, on the bench, in trainings, in the locker room before match? His main duties are motivation and tactics and he has failed on both ends of the floor. We are playing 4-2-3-1 formation from day 1 and we are playing with 8 or 9 same players from day 1. On the other hand motivation is even worse ... we were all praising Hazard as the best player in the world next to Messi and Ronaldo in last season, Matić as the best defensive midfielder and so on. Now you are telling me that we need to replace this players (including Costa, Fabregas, ...) because they are sh*t and they are the ones to blame for bad results?

You are talking about long term and consistency. But what is there to pursue? We play like sh*t, we have bad results, we don't promote youth, we don't progress on team or individual level and we certainly don't have a great public image because of all the media and press conference crap.

TOP4 is not lost if we act quickly but with every game and with every point lost we are further away. Don't wait, just do it! There are still some good coaches out there, but what we need right now is shock therapy. We need to wake up our squad and if it is possible we should bring attacking coach because we need to win every game from now on. Laudrup, Sampaoli, Bielsa ..

The squad is surely of Top 4 material with a good blend of youth and experience and several players with high technical skill. Albeit, a couple of players need replacing eg. Fabregas and Ivanovic but there are ready replacements for them even in the squad before the cheque book comes out.

The right manager would have this lot challenging for a European spot and a good run in the CL/EL.