Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Matt Law does sometimes have "exclusive" information (e.g. with the Kanté signing) but most of the time he just rehashes existing rumours from Di Marzio (and other big sources) as well as from other seemingly random or unreliable sources, as with the line about Rodriguez and Lichtsteiner. I wouldn't take him as a gospel for Chelsea news.

1 minute ago, J.F. said:

This point can't be overstated enough.

Roman has to wake up now, this is ridiculous. Not going to start the rhetoric on who specifically it falls on, but there's got to be some sort of accountability here. Surprised Conte's not furious with this situation at the moment, didn't he leave Juve because of exactly this situation? (correct me if I'm wrong). Not going to say Mourinho was completely innocent in why he was sacked, but look at the effect of what happens when you secure the manager's targets.

We're slowly going down the Arsenal road. Thankfully we signed Kante at least, without him we'd be in worse trouble arguably. But not addressing an issue in defence now will definitely come back to bite us. 

Zouma can't come back soon enough ffs. Any word on timescale?

Just now, Robguima said:

My problem is not with Roman - he may or may not feel like splash the cash in one of his hobbies. My problem is and has been with the lack of creativity (read lack of talent) from our people in change or transfers. If you don't have the funds for the expensive players, you find alternatives: go for lower leagues... Portugal, Brazil... buy younger... anything! It's just ridiculous that we have senior squad players who add nothing: not good enough to start and too old to improve. 

Yeah true that. Our loan policy is now affecting first team affairs because we've got more invested in that than our own senior team! 

They're making the high bids so you can't think it's just the money that's a problem. Unattainable targets or even simply poor negotiations must be a part of this too. Let's just hope they've got a rabbit to pull out the hat in this last week of the window. Don't care even who at this point, just get some competent defenders!!

7 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

This point can't be overstated enough.

Roman has to wake up now, this is ridiculous. Not going to start the rhetoric on who specifically it falls on, but there's got to be some sort of accountability here. Surprised Conte's not furious with this situation at the moment, didn't he leave Juve because of exactly this situation? (correct me if I'm wrong). Not going to say Mourinho was completely innocent in why he was sacked, but look at the effect of what happens when you secure the manager's targets.

We're slowly going down the Arsenal road. Thankfully we signed Kante at least, without him we'd be in worse trouble arguably. But not addressing an issue in defence now will definitely come back to bite us. 

Zouma can't come back soon enough ffs. Any word on timescale?

This post has really annoyed me. Not because you see this situation slightly differently to the way I see it, there's nothing wrong with that, and nothing to get remotely angered about, but because once again we read a post where a statement is being made that can't possibly be substantiated.

How do you know Conte is not furious? I'm not saying he is furious, I'm not saying that he isn't. I am saying that I don't know, and you don't either.

I don't know why stuff like this gets my goat so much, but it really does. Sorry - ?

8 hours ago, Robguima said:

My problem is not with Roman - he may or may not feel like splashing the cash in one of his hobbies. My problem is and has been with the lack of creativity (read lack of talent) from our people in change or transfers. If you don't have the funds for the expensive players, you find alternatives: go for lower leagues... Portugal, Brazil... buy younger... anything! It's just ridiculous that we have senior squad players who add nothing: not good enough to start and too old to improve. 

This, I'm sad to say, is the truth.

6 days left people. 6 days left and still no new left-back or centre back. Club had whole summer, excuse me, a whole year to sort it out but no.

Even though they still sign someone now, good but late. Player needs time to adapt to Conte's playing style and shit.

I'm very impressed by some of you for staying so calm like that. I'm still very calm. It's not that a cry whole day because our transferwindow has been a laughing stock. It's just that I'm critical against the club because they're not doing much to improve and make us a top 4 worthy team again.

2 months ago, I was laughing at Arsenal fans but we are slowly becoming like them as we are in the very same situation as they are. Scraped past WHU, Watford. 3-2 against Bristol Rovers.

Thank god I did not renew my season ticket.

42 minutes ago, RuudiGullit said:

6 days left people. 6 days left and still no new left-back or centre back. Club had whole summer, excuse me, a whole year to sort it out but no.

Even though they still sign someone now, good but late. Player needs time to adapt to Conte's playing style and shit.

I'm very impressed by some of you for staying so calm like that. I'm still very calm. It's not that a cry whole day because our transferwindow has been a laughing stock. It's just that I'm critical against the club because they're not doing much to improve and make us a top 4 worthy team again.

2 months ago, I was laughing at Arsenal fans but we are slowly becoming like them as we are in the very same situation as they are. Scraped past WHU, Watford. 3-2 against Bristol Rovers.

Seriously!!! Just because we didnt sign anyone you will stop support the team ... because that seems the underline message here. 

I get we still havent signed anyone but the fact is that we have been pursing target from quite sometime and the clubs are not ready to part them despite throwing insane price ... unlike Arsenal who are trying for a cut price for every player. We arent like them, we were ready to throw off 65m for a striker who had one good season ... Come on!!! We are far from a laughing stock honestly we have been just spoiled over the years. I understand we still are a couple of signings behind but from where we are it seems the club is trying everything. 

We have a new manager who can actually change the way we have been playing so far ... be more aggressive, more disciplined. That along would warranty a renew on the season ticket ...  

You write the same shit multiple times in every fucking transfer threads and you're telling people you're very calm?! Hahahahaha LMFAO..just chill will ya?! We get what you try to say ok?

46 minutes ago, Hostedenis said:

What's up with all the negativity man?

I get that you're not happy, I think there's more people on this forum that would like to see things differently, but you know you can still stick with your team right?

I think Kante & Batshuayi have been 2 great signings! Yes I too would welcome a good CB and fullback. 

And my god we won our last three games. The play/difference/dominance might not have been as you'd like, but we couldn't have done better than 6 points in the EPL and progressed to the next round in the EFL. So what's up what all the negativity?

Absolutely. I'll always support Chelsea but I do not support our board. Not after what happened last season. Hence why I did not renew. We deserve better as fans.

2 hours ago, RuudiGullit said:

It seems to me that all of your posts drip with selfishness, I want, I want. All you seem to care about is your own gratification, Where is there a hint, any kind of hint, of love for the club? We all support the club in our own way but yours seems very strange to me.

As for the part of your post which I have quoted, we are in full agreement there.?