Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

The incredible story of Joao Palhinha’s failed Bayern move

It was an incredible Friday at Bayern Munich, especially with the remarkable details of the Joao Palhinha deal collapsing. We witnessed some crazy scenes in Munich, in the headquarters of Bayern, and with the player, who was shocked by the situation. Palhinha was convinced he was joining Bayern, he had completed two parts of his medical tests, all the documents were ready, his contract was ready, and he did media duties in a Bayern shirt.

Everything was done for Palhinha to join Bayern, but Fulham needed a transfer to come in as a replacement. They needed to get this done by 6pm because the transfer window was closing in Germany at that time, but what happened is that Fulham didn’t find a player by that time.

They tried, though, for a few different players, including Youssouf Fofana and Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg. However, they couldn’t reach an agreement. Then the crucial part of this story - Scott McTominay. From what I’m told, Fulham also spoke to the Manchester United midfielder, but he said no to Fulham. So what happened is that the Palhinha deal collapsed because Fulham couldn’t find a replacement.

Palhinha was shocked, and Thomas Tuchel was not happy at all with the situation - he had been insisting to have the defensive midfielder for a long time, even though Bayern only pushed for the move on Deadline Day. So for Tuchel it was a big problem to manage this story, with the player really sad and disappointed. He then had to return to London after a message from Fulham, so this was something really incredible and let’s see what it means for Palhinha’s future at Fulham.

Joao Palhinha is such a good player... super skillful.

It's always nice when our rivals sign big names who turn out not being that great human beings. 

"Antony: Brazil drop Manchester United winger after abuse allegations"
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66713281

meanwhile Paqueta is being called to explain himself regarding the betting allegations.

Edited by robsblubot

• 2 months later...

Real Madrid are looking to trigger 23-year-old Norway striker Erling Haaland's Manchester City release clause when it comes into play next summer, which is believed to be about 200m euros (£174m). (AS - in Spanish)

• 3 months later...
On 13/02/2024 at 18:47, KEVINAA said:

Fichajes is proably the worst source for football news on the planet. 

They literally make hundreds, likely thousands, of things up just to get eyeballs. Horrific rumourmongers.

I honestly do not know how it is legal to do what they do, as their lies have impacts at some levels in some situations, especially in Spain.

• 2 months later...
On 16/04/2024 at 19:36, KEVINAA said:

image.png.bc995f2688f796887414bff34c3ad790.png

dbd708a137181b29409336172d790e82.png3dff00b6ae2d29dd7a507fd3615bd147.pngbe142186571014495ff9c6fcee0a7460.png

ImageGeorgiy Sudakov - Stats and titles won - 23/24333 Georgiy Sudakov Photos & High Res Pictures - Getty ImagesGeorgiy Sudakov - Player profile 23/24 | Transfermarkt

'He could play for Barcelona or Man City... but he's stuck in a bunker': Shakhtar Donetsk teenager Giorgi Sudakov's 'war story' is detailed by former coach Fernando Valente, who insists his dreams have been 'snatched away' by Russia's invasion of Ukraine

• Ukraine midfielder Giorgi Sudakov is hiding in a bunker amid the war with Russia
  • Sudakov, 19, is one of many who has been forced to take cover in the country
  • The Shakhtar Donetsk star is with wife Lisa, who is expecting their first child
  • His former coach Fernando Valente has opened up on the tear-jerking story
  • Valente, 62, describes Sudakov as the most talented player he has ever coached
  • But he insists the youngster's dreams have been 'snatched away' by the war 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10614305/Ukraine-Shakhtar-Donetsk-youngster-Giorgi-Sudakovs-war-story-detailed-emotional-ex-coach.html

UPDATED: 09:17 BST, 15 March 2022

Shakhtar Donetsk teenager Giorgi Sudakov has had his dreams 'snatched away by a bunker in a senseless war', former coach Fernando Valente has emotionally revealed on social media.

Ukraine has been left decimated by an invasion from Eastern European neighbours Russia, who launched an all-out attack on the country at the end of February.

Russian president Vladimir Putin's is already said to have resulted in over 600 civilian casualties, with the people of Ukraine forced to either flee the country or take cover in bunkers.

Sudakov, the 19-year-old Ukraine midfielder who has spent five years with Shakhtar, is one of those hiding in a bunker along with his wife Lisa, who is currently expecting their first child.

His touching story has been detailed on social media by Valente, the 62-year-old Portuguese coach who worked with Sudakov in Shakhtar's Under-21 team.

He describes the youngster as the most talented player he has ever coached, insisting he was on track to play for a club the size of Barcelona or Manchester City before Russia invaded his country. 

'War stories: Giorgi Sudakov is the greatest talent I have coached in my life,' Valente wrote on Twitter.

'19 years old, international A for Ukraine, recently renewed contract until 2026 with Shakhtar. A fantastic human being waiting to be a father with his wife Lisa of a girl...

'Dreams to be fulfilled, snatched away by a bunker in a senseless war. Yes... I cry and pray for this couple and for all the young players and friends I left behind in a Ukraine that made me happy for two years. My heart is broken.'

'Sudakov is a kid with enormous potential, even to play for FC Barcelona or Manchester City.'

Sudakov joined Shakhtar in 2017 and was eventually handed his senior debut in their Champions League win away at Real Madrid three years later.

He has also been capped three times by Ukraine, having made his international bow against Bahrain in May 2021. 

'He was the greatest talent I trained and he is one of the strongest connections I have,' Valente also said about Sudakov in an interview with the Lusa Agency.

55370885-10614305-image-m-7_1647335449827.jpg55371121-10614305-image-m-13_1647335743122.jpg55370277-10614305-image-a-9_16473355713955370891-10614305-image-a-10_1647335611838.jpg

Edited by Vesper