Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

1 hour ago, Dingus said:

One week until the window closes. We have 16 senior outfield players and three youngsters. Scandalous. What are the club playing at....?

We normally have a squad of 22 don't we?

I know its normally that time of the transfer window we are thinking 'Oh fuck! Here we go panic buying!' But for some reason I'm not feeling that YET!

I like each of the players we are supposedly trying to get and would be more than happy with any of them.

I reckon Conte wants these to happen more than we do. Hes not daft and knows he just cant do the formations he wants without new defender(s)

Until that fat chick starts singing when the curtain comes down I still got faith we will be Carefree at the end of it.

12 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the club decided to go for Romagnoli until the last day of the window, even though everybody knows he's not for sale, all while ignoring Maksimovic or whatever his name is, that much I deem retarded this club's board. So bloody disappointed, it's unreal.

For all I know the club may not be interested in Maksimovic, and may not be pursuing him. On the other hand, for all you know, the club might be interested and might be working hard to close the deal. Why is it that you are so determined to blame the club for not doing something which, for all you know, they are in fact trying to get done ?

Do you want the club to conduct all of their transfer business through a series of statements published on their website? If that is too public however, would it be okay if they just phone you and tell you?

bayer leverkusen has sign dragovic from kiev.

how come we havent been linked with dragovic at all? he would be a decent signing.

He was very bad at the EUROs and isn't Chelsea quality at all. He is decent and all that, but we should aim higher if we want to compete with the best teams.

21 minutes ago, Beigl said:

He was very bad at the EUROs and isn't Chelsea quality at all. He is decent and all that, but we should aim higher if we want to compete with the best teams.

he only played 3 games at euros. thats not enough to judge if he's suitable for chelsea or not. and even if he's not that good, it's still better than no players at all. atleast we would have a a decent sub. until january or until christiansen comes back.

19 minutes ago, whats happening said:

he only played 3 games at euros. thats not enough to judge if he's suitable for chelsea or not. and even if he's not that good, it's still better than no players at all. atleast we would have a a decent sub. until january or until christiansen comes back.

I thought that is what everyone was against "its still better than no players at all" that is the attitude we have to get away from. We have to get the right players that will improve the team. Not just anyone?

33 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

I thought that is what everyone was against "its still better than no players at all" that is the attitude we have to get away from. We have to get the right players that will improve the team. Not just anyone?

we have 6 or 7 defenders for the whole season (or until january). 1 or 2 injuries and we're fucked.

31 minutes ago, whats happening said:

we have 6 or 7 defenders for the whole season (or until january). 1 or 2 injuries and we're fucked.

I agree completely, we absolutely need defensive cover. IF we cant bring in 1/2 guys via transfers id rather we use Tomori, Clarke-Salter, Miazaga, Da Silva. bringing in a sub par stop gap that we will have to off load next year isnt something i am interested in. If we cant bring anyone in and end up going with who we have and youth we will suffer but id rather suffer and develop than suffer and spend?

34 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

I agree completely, we absolutely need defensive cover. IF we cant bring in 1/2 guys via transfers id rather we use Tomori, Clarke-Salter, Miazaga, Da Silva. bringing in a sub par stop gap that we will have to off load next year isnt something i am interested in. If we cant bring anyone in and end up going with who we have and youth we will suffer but id rather suffer and develop than suffer and spend?

and to risk our top4 place just to use unproven youth players? thats how small clubs work, who cant afford to buy players.

2 minutes ago, whats happening said:

and to risk our top4 place just to use unproven youth players? thats how small clubs work, who cant afford to buy players.

I think our top 4 place is at risk regardless? The league is going to be incredibly difficult this year and my point is that by bringing in someone for the sake of having another body is how we got guys like Papy, Hector, Miazaga etc. If he is a young player that has loads of talent that can be developed bring him in, if he is a proven starter in a competitive league who we can see playing here 2 years from now bring him in. I dont want this description of a player " and even if he's not that good, it's still better than no players at all. atleast we would have a a decent sub. until january or until christiansen comes back. "

now what kind of argument is this. if it's already at risk why would we want to make it harder for ourselves and play those less skilled young guys? 

dragovic just signed for leverkusen, he's clearly above papy, miazga and that type of guys. it would be stupid to play unproven guys over him if we had to chance to buy him. and who guarentee that romagnoli will or is better than dragovic? and bayer payed him 18 million euros. thats 2,3 or 4 times less than koulibaly or romagnoli.

I judge him on his performances for Austria in the last 2-3 years and nothing he did persuaded me that he is good enough for Chelsea. Believe me he isn't better than Cahill. We can't settle for mediocrity if we want to compete at the highest level, that means we need proven players who take us a step forward like Koulibaly or great talents like Maksimovic or Romagnoli. Dragovic falls in neither of this categories.