Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I don't think I'm surprised to be honest. Said the same thing was going to happen like last season. 

Waste your time chasing targets that you can't get and now we will settle for less. 

I much rather not settle for less and just stay where we at. Because what's the point of getting other players like Miazga, Pata, Papy, and Hector when they don't contribute nothing and then get send out on loans.....

Well there's no shakeup in the board. It's always the managers fault. 

If they sack Conte I give up with this board. 

They must realize that if they can't get the business done then don't have high expectation. Making top 4 is not guaranteed with this defense. 

Doubt they did. There was quite a few targets, including Manolas and Bonucci that seems to have been true.

Still doesn't change that this is a huge failure of a transfer window, and absolutely pathetic. Even with Kante in, and Michy who seems very promising, not getting any proper defenders is such a huge failure. Now we will end up with trash similar to Papy and Miazga again.

11 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Mario to Inter, surely means Brozovic to us.  Why aren't we the ones getting Mario?  Have we fallen that far without CL?

Well there are some people who will probably say he also wasn't available :D 

Southampton close to signing Lille’s Sofiane Boufal for club record fee

Fee could rise to £21m for Morocco forward 
 Deal for Boufal may be announced over weekend

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/26/southampton-sofiane-boufal-lille-close-signing

11 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

Well there are some people who will probably say he also wasn't available :D 

No because he is dog shit.  If Brozovic would Not be so lnconsistent he would be a great Player.  Many Inter Fans i know would be angry if the inter board Sell Brozo just for Joao Mario

5 minutes ago, Super-Mario said:

No because he is dog shit.  If Brozovic would Not be so lnconsistent he would be a great Player.  Many Inter Fans i know would be angry if the inter board Sell Brozo just for Joao Mario

Have you even watched Joao Mario outside of the Euros(which he was great at also)?

The Portuguese lads here you know, those who actually watch him on consistent basis, regard Joao Mario as one of the most talented mids in Europe. And before you say it's biased this viewpoint comes from the fans of sporting's rivals as well. 

We are having to pay a 15m pound premium just for english clubs from all these italian sides. Maybe they should start looking at other leagues. It's a bad position to be in. Either we'll have to overspend or we will get a stop gap player who won't be in the manager's long term plans.

9 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

How did we go from needing defenders (badly) to being linked with selling 1 or 2 of them?

What is going on here?

We're still in the same place, there was just one dumb report