Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Okay, time to reflect.

At the start of the window I was hoping for: a CB, a FB, two CMs and an ST. Plus the return of loanees Christensen, Ake and possibly Baker and Boga.

Disappointed about Ake leaving but I guess he's just not good enough. Highly disappointed about Christensen leaving again. Stupid move for me.

The club brought in David Luiz, Alonso, Kante and Batshuayi. Kante and Michy are very good signings. Arguably two players with world-class potential. Luiz and Alonso not so much, for me anyway, but both are decent additions at worst I think. At least the expectations are low concerning Alonso so he shouldn't be under too much pressure. If not a starter, he could be a very useful squad player. An expensive squad player but hey... Everything has already been said about Luiz. We'll see how that will pan out.

EDIT: Going into the season with two strikers is too risky for me though. I can only hope it doesn't hurt the team at some point.

The Bonucci's and Pogba's were never going to join so yeah, that was just hope. But it was disappointing the likes of Koulibaly and Nainggolan didn't join. There was a real possibility to add both to the team but it just didn't happen. I'm not going to point fingers and play the blame game because I wasn't there.

All in all I think we're not in a position to complain because Chelsea did finish 10th, couldn't offer CL or even EL football and signing top players was difficult for Chelsea even after winning titles.

A top 4 finish should definitely be possible with this squad. With the Manc clubs definitely finishing in the top 4, it won't be easy but I have faith in Chelsea's ability to finish above the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool.

My prediction we will finish top 3. If our key players and new signings perform well, we will be contender for first place ahead of manchesters. 

Why? Because of Conte and his versatility. Because he made a team. United will be dependant on Pogba and Ibra, City can be stopped if pressed high. All three teams are not finished article, United has poor midfield and city needs to get rid of some dead wood too.

Have some faith in our team.

Roman Abramovich will definitely not tolerate another season without Champions League Football.

He might pin Chelsea FC to the ground and make CFC tap out and say I am done with two seasons in a row without UCL.

I know that Roman Loves Chelsea, but it will hurt his pocket and he cannot afford another season without Champions League because the longer Chelsea go without UCL, it will make it harder to Attract Players and New Sponsors and Partners to Invest in CFC.

A PREMIER League chairman has woken up in the boardroom with vague memories of going on a transfer binge late last night. 

West Bromwich Albion owner Jeremy Peace regained consciousness face down on an oak table, to the sound of a fax machine spewing out pages and the nagging feeling that he made some impulsive decisions before midnight. 

He said: “Who, or what, the fuck is Allan Nyom? 

“I only ask because I’ve got some paperwork here with his name all over it but no indication or whether he’s a striker or a midfielder or a goalkeeper or whatever. 

“It’s the same every transfer deadline. I go after someone, I don’t get him, the green mist comes down and suddenly I’m bidding for every creative midfielder I can find footage of on YouTube. 

“The last thing I remember is screaming down the phone in Spanish that I’d pay £32 million for Ricardo Carvalho, so how I ended up with Hal Robson-Kanu I don’t know. I thought he played for us already. 

“Ah well, it’s only Chinese money. But Pulis is going to go mental.” 

Peace then began repeatedly banging his head on the table after realising he had forgotten to sell Saido Berahino for the third window running. 

4 months until the winter window is open.  Let's get the rumours going.  Why so slow?

I'll get the key words going:

Nainggolan

B2B

Loan

James Rodriguez

Ricardo Rodriguez

Christensen back from loan

I'm joking, I'm actually tired of the he said she said.  Stupid international break. Dying for the league to start up again.

Chelsea were actually tracking Paris Saint-Germain defender Presnel Kimpembe, not David Luiz - reports

http://talksport.com/football/chelsea-were-actually-tracking-paris-saint-germain-defender-presnel-kimpembe-not-david-luiz

Chelsea were tracking Paris Saint-Germain defender Presnel Kimpembe before they swooped for David Luiz.

The Blues re-signed the Brazilian on deadline day for £34million - just two years after they sold him to PSG for £50m.

Chelsea's late move for Luiz was born out of Antonio Conte's determination to sign a centre-back this summer.

But, according to L'Equipe, the Italian manager was actually keeping tabs on Kimpembe and not Luiz in the final weeks of the window.

The 21-year-old has been tipped for a big future and he has been capped by France at youth level.

Conte is a fan of the defender, but he reportedly switched targets to Luiz at the last minute due to the experience the 29-year-old would bring.

22 hours ago, KevinAshburner said:

Roman Abramovich will definitely not tolerate another season without Champions League Football.

He might pin Chelsea FC to the ground and make CFC tap out and say I am done with two seasons in a row without UCL.

I know that Roman Loves Chelsea, but it will hurt his pocket and he cannot afford another season without Champions League because the longer Chelsea go without UCL, it will make it harder to Attract Players and New Sponsors and Partners to Invest in CFC.

The same man who's about to build a new stadium will quit because of no champions league two years in a row? As for qualifying for the champions league, this team is good enough to get there easily. 

Chelsea were actually tracking Paris Saint-Germain defender Presnel Kimpembe, not David Luiz - reports

http://talksport.com/football/chelsea-were-actually-tracking-paris-saint-germain-defender-presnel-kimpembe-not-david-luiz

Chelsea were tracking Paris Saint-Germain defender Presnel Kimpembe before they swooped for David Luiz.

The Blues re-signed the Brazilian on deadline day for £34million - just two years after they sold him to PSG for £50m.

Chelsea's late move for Luiz was born out of Antonio Conte's determination to sign a centre-back this summer.

But, according to L'Equipe, the Italian manager was actually keeping tabs on Kimpembe and not Luiz in the final weeks of the window.

The 21-year-old has been tipped for a big future and he has been capped by France at youth level.

Conte is a fan of the defender, but he reportedly switched targets to Luiz at the last minute due to the experience the 29-year-old would bring.

Talksport...How do we know it's not bs?

On 1 September 2016 at 1:28 PM, mccg said:

Wish we had sold Cuadrado,Remy,Bamford,Atsu,Ormeru,Piazon,And that would have covered Luiz&Lb. plus we have amother 30+ loaness to play around with.

We have sold Cuadrado in all but name. We won't ever be told the detailed reasons for a three-year loan agreement but it seems almost certain that it's to do with manipulating the accounts of one or both clubs. If that works for the money men then they know their business, let them get on with it.

Juan didn't want to play here, few of us wanted him to play here, Milan wanted him to play there, Juve got him. Almost everybody is happy. 

As for the other players, given that none of them has any prospect of a Chelsea career, there must be reasons why their latest move is another loan, not a sale. If the squad builders or  money men say this is the best way to go, who am I to argue. They know all the facts and I know none of them.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

We have sold Cuadrado in all but name. We won't ever be told the detailed reasons for a three-year loan agreement but it seems almost certain that it's to do with manipulating the accounts of one or both clubs. If that works for the money men then they know their business, let them get on with it.

Juan didn't want to play here, few of us wanted him to play here, Milan wanted him to play there, Juve got him. Almost everybody is happy. 

As for the other players, given that none of them has any prospect of a Chelsea career, there must be reasons why their latest move is another loan, not a sale. If the squad builders or  money men say this is the best way to go, who am I to argue. They know all the facts and I know none of them.

Terrible decisions by the so called money men end of.38 loaness  and most with no chance of Cfc football,verging on lol embarrissing.

Reckon Musonda and Christensen would normally be coming back to the first team next year, either that or they're getting the extra last year english loan to get into a premier league side experience, which many of our former bright prospects have failed right ? 

But these two are really promising, as for Abraham I would definitely loan him in the PL. 

47 minutes ago, Adnane said:

Reckon Musonda and Christensen would normally be coming back to the first team next year, either that or they're getting the extra last year english loan to get into a premier league side experience, which many of our former bright prospects have failed right ? 

But these two are really promising, as for Abraham I would definitely loan him in the PL. 

I don't like those loans to Premier league clubs. Look at Ake, he is probably their best defender and he is always benched just because every club tends to play their own players before loanees. I would rather bring him back and used him as a backup/3rd striker. In a system of 2 upfront he would get enough time to play and he would also learn from Costa and Michy. 

On the other hand I just don't see a reason why we would buy players like Griezmann? He is (second) striker and this is probably our strongest position - Costa in his prime (TOP8 strikers in the world), Michy and Traore as a very big potentials and Abraham in "the next big thing" role ;)

2 minutes ago, Adnane said:

Guess it means that Hazard, Costa and Griezmann are all staying put until 2018 at least ? 

If the price of keeping Hazard is not getting Griezmann then it's okay. 

Hazard is way better player than Griezmann. I fear that if whenever we sell Hazard we'll waste 100m on Griezmann straight away. I hope that Costa-Griezmann is the only link in transfers and NOT Hazard-Griezmann.