Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

If i had 80-90M (in case we sell/loan out for full wages... players like Torres, Benayoun, Malouda, Ferreira, Essien, Kalou, thats very doable i think) i would get 3 players:

40-50M allround quality CM with good defensive quality's that played some games at high level already (assuming we stick with a pivot)

Italy:

Vidal - Juventus

They are looking for money to get Sanchez, a very "aggressive"/good tackler, has an average of over 5 per game, with good technique and what not. Regular at Chili NT.

Germany:

Lars Bender - Leverkussen

4+ tackles/2+ interceptions (which is twice as much as mikel fe), would be pretty perfect for us since offensively he's also quite good and can also dribble a bit (get him instead of shurrle if you want to pay lots for a leverkussen player board...), he's also getting his caps already at german NT.

15-20M Central defender

Alderweireld - Ajax / Can also play as right back if needed.

Well same club Vermaelen/Vertonghen come from so you can be sure his distribution will be decent, he could become better than them defensively, Vertonghen is better in offence for sure tho. I expect Tottenham to make a move for him this summer to partner him with Vertonghen again as they were in Ajax, wouldn't be good if that happened, would instantly make them one of the best central defences in the PL in the long term for just 25-30M, especially in distribution.

Godin - Athletico

8 clearances / game -> better than ramos/silva/terry/kompany there.. same as ferdinand. Would be great next to Luiz i think.

20M Striker (if we ever decide to sell both torres and ba i would get both)

Lewandowski - Dortmund

Lamela - Roma

10 goals in 17 matches this season as a forward, he can also play as a winger so you already know what type of striker he is, lots of pace/great technique, him and Lukaku could possibly give us one of the best possible strikercombinations in the long term.

And perhaps a 4th luxury/bargain/unneeded CM signing for squaddepth, depending which of the above we would be getting:

15M Midfielders (best one's i know we can get for 15M/we can use)

Nainggollan - Cagliari

His stats are great, same for his skills, juve/inter are interested tho and i think juve would get him to replace vidal anyways so we will have to act fast if we want him.

Van Ginkel - Vitesse

Very promising and we could prolly get him rather cheap there.

Cabaye - Newcastle

Well would be bit more expensive prolly.

Gonalon - Lyon

Offensive not that good, but very solid defensive, 3 tackles/clearances each game ratio, promising, would be good competition for Mikel (perhaps better already).

Strootman - PSV

Think Van Bommel

Who would you go for with a budget of 80M this summer?

Jovetic for 25m,moutinho for 25m,Initially for Shaw 10m(15m with add ons and loan back to soton),Marquinhos for 12-15m and loan back to roma.Would be great if we can squeeze in zouma in there but that might exceed the 80m budget.Overall i would be happy with this summer business.We have to get rid of torres,malouda,benayoun,marin etc.

Perfect summer wish

DLP - forget Moutinho, modric or benat. Just get cabaye since he has premier league experience and is cheaper than modric.

CM/AM - bring back KDB, sell marin(sorry he's useless)

Strikers - bring back lukaku, sell torres, buy lewandoski

Get Essien, benayoun, malouda, off our wage bills. Get rid of benitez.

Oh dreams....:wut:

Moutinho for just 25M? Doubt Porto will accept that, 40 at least.

Spurs's bid of 20m was accepted by porto and if it wasnt for his wage demands he would have been helping spurs in securing the 3rd/4th spot in the league right now.

Spurs's bid of 20m was accepted by porto and if it wasnt for his wage demands he would have been helping spurs in securing the 3rd/4th spot in the league right now.

Ow ok, wouldve been cheap then, especially considering Porto's transfer policy :)

Okay, I'm going to post on what I think should be our essential signings for next season.

Most importantly we need to get in a new manager. Hopefully that'll be Mourinho.

Next, I'd be looking to get in a decent homegrown 2nd choice goalkeeper since Turnbull and Hilario's contracts run out this summer if I remember correctly. Begovic (if he would be interested in being the 2nd choice goalkeeper at CFC) would be an excellent option as he's homegrown and a very good goalkeeper. Hopefully promote Blackman as our 3rd choice goalkeeper too.

I'd then probably look at getting in a deep lying playmaker - hopefully Mourinho brings along Modric with him if Real will sell him for a decent price. Maybe another holding midfield player - someone like Schneiderlin from Southampton maybe? Or maybe just promote someone like Chalobah as well instead.

Up next, I'd look at bringing in a good winger. I don't want another AM, we're stacked there. I'd rather us bring in a player that can be a direct threat out wide. We don't have enough of those. I don't really know who is available to bring in though, but someone in the ilk of Di Maria would be perfect.

Those are the bare minimum I think we definitely need for next season. I know that I've left out a striker but that depends on our Lukaku situation really. Will Torres leave? Will the next manager put his faith in Lukaku? We don't know yet. If the next manager decides we need another striker then fair enough, but the main objective of this post was to make clear what I think are the bare minimum we need for our squad next season.

IMO we need to make at at least 3 to 4 signings next season, anything less than that will be disastrous.

Going for an absolute dream and thinking only about the near future (so dont attack me)...

ST: Cavani - 40mi

RW: Di Maria - 30mi

CM: Moutinho - 25mi

DM: Capoue - 15mi

CB: Top Player - 25mi

Outs: Torres (10mi), Marin (3mi), Lampard (free), Terry (free), Malouda (free).

Total: - 122mi; - 40k/wages.

LOOOOOL :lol: