Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I keep saying we're going to get Higuain :halo: It's looking ever more likely as time passes.

Hopefully he adds a bit more to his all-round game if he joins us. If we're looking for 'just a goalscorer', he's probably on par with Falcao (c'mon, he averages a goal every 2 games for Madrid *while constantly starting from the bench*!) in my opinion, and obviously younger and probably cheaper.

He's one of these players who could and should have been an all-time great for a club. A team like Juventus, Inter, or maybe, just maybe us could be the perfect team for him.

However, adding him to the starting XI instantly adds a disadvantage in one area for us - set pieces. Especially defending. Drogba was like an extra defender at set-pieces. Demba Ba and Torres could be held in a similar regard concerning that - but Higuain is a ghost in these situations, meaning all of Hig, Mata, Hazard, Oscar and anyone else short that we may sign will be useless at those!

Not really, I mean the amount of chances he and benzema screwed at Real, I don't think any top club would be interested in both.

Higuain can play the 2nd striker thingy , he really can make a difference there but not as a lone striker, he screws far too many chances.

Benzema is another interesting prospect, uhm but not really the one we need right now.

Just a few cheaper options that are available and would add depth to our team:

Payet, Lacazette, Lens, Ayew, Gonalons, Mavuba, Soldado, Banega, Feghouli, Strootman, L. Bender, Aubameyang

As I mentioned several Ligue 1 players is no surprise. Both Ligue and Epl share several similarities. Both are fast paced, physical leagues. Sure epl has more quality, but our players history tells us that we should buy from France more.

Anelka, Drogba, Essien, Malouda and Hazard, Azpi recently are all proof that Ligue 1 players suit us quite well.

I would put my bet on Lacazette who is fast direct player with great dribbling and passing. He doesnt score many goals etc, but he is very important for Lyon attacks. Im realy surprised that with lack of wingers in France (basicaly only Ribery, Valbuena and Menez are good), Lacazette isnt yet French international. He is still just 21 and has plenty of time.

I keep saying we're going to get Higuain :halo: It's looking ever more likely as time passes.

Hopefully he adds a bit more to his all-round game if he joins us. If we're looking for 'just a goalscorer', he's probably on par with Falcao (c'mon, he averages a goal every 2 games for Madrid *while constantly starting from the bench*!) in my opinion, and obviously younger and probably cheaper.

He's one of these players who could and should have been an all-time great for a club. A team like Juventus, Inter, or maybe, just maybe us could be the perfect team for him.

However, adding him to the starting XI instantly adds a disadvantage in one area for us - set pieces. Especially defending. Drogba was like an extra defender at set-pieces. Demba Ba and Torres could be held in a similar regard concerning that - but Higuain is a ghost in these situations, meaning all of Hig, Mata, Hazard, Oscar and anyone else short that we may sign will be useless at those!

I think he is more dynamic than Falcao. I often see him drift wide and put in crosses for Ronaldo, he isn't great at it, but he is willing to put in work.

He is such a natural goal scorer. He always nets even though Real Madrid has never been built around him, unlike Falcao.

I think he is more dynamic than Falcao. I often see him drift wide and put in crosses for Ronaldo, he isn't great at it, but he is willing to put in work.

He is such a natural goal scorer. He always nets even though Real Madrid has never been built around him, unlike Falcao.

Wouldn't mind having Ba, Lukaku and Higuain as our three strikers next season...provided that we add to our midfield and defence.

Higuain only if significantly cheaper than Lewan (I want him!)

I do think he'd do well here though. Whoever we pick, I really want us to give lukaku a real chance next season if we recall him, meaning on the pitch at LEAST 30-40% of the time. I don't want to get a striker that would prevent that. I think a good, established in the EPL striker on the wrong side of 30 would be best though. His transfer fee would be very low (although wages a bit high) and his need for rest as he got older would allow more and more time for lukaku to play and develop. Hopefully one that could help mentor lukaku as well (drogba would have been close to perfect). We'd also know we'd be able to count on goals from him.

Regardless though, if we have both lukaku and Ba next year, I'm much more concerned with our pivot and a replacement for Terry/Cole. That is by far our most pressing matter. Without Lukaku being recalled though, I'd like Chelsea to make big signing of lewan, higuain, cavani, etc. caliber, because Ba won't cut it for a CL and PL winning team (Although I do really rate him, probably more than most members here.)

Doesn't offer anything else apart from scoring goals. And we need a ST who can create for others and score goals himself, an all rounder basically.

Agreed, our current system just isn't going to work with a poacher, only scores goals kind of striker. Its essential that whatever striker we get, that he can hold the ball up and link up well with Hazard, Mata, and the rest of our midfielders, because our midfield's greatest strength is when they're playing at or even in front of the striker, confusing the defense and keepers. The striker has to be good enough at scoring that he's always too dangerous to not guard to closely, but also good enough at playing a good ball that he can get the easy assist to our AMF stars.

Agreed, our current system just isn't going to work with a poacher, only scores goals kind of striker. Its essential that whatever striker we get, that he can hold the ball up and link up well with Hazard, Mata, and the rest of our midfielders, because our midfield's greatest strength is when they're playing at or even in front of the striker, confusing the defense and keepers. The striker has to be good enough at scoring that he's always too dangerous to not guard to closely, but also good enough at playing a good ball that he can get the easy assist to our AMF stars.

And yet you want Higuain(even if he's cheaper)?

Lewandowski's contract is expiring next summer and think we can get him for around 25m and I don't see why that amount would be expensive to anyone really. He's basically the kind of striker we need. Can create goals for others by linking up the play(he's very good at that) and score goals himself too. And given he's only 24 this year, getting him for around 25m would be wonderful especially when he hasn't reached his peak and the fact we have shelled out similar amount of money to buy the likes of Oscar, Mata, Hazard etc.

And yet you want Higuain(even if he's cheaper)?

Lewandowski's contract is expiring next summer and think we can get him for around 25m and I don't see why that amount would be expensive to anyone really. He's basically the kind of striker we need. Can create goals for others by linking up the play(he's very good at that) and score goals himself too. And given he's only 24 this year, getting him for around 25m would be wonderful especially when he hasn't reached his peak and the fact we have shelled out similar amount of money to buy the likes of Oscar, Mata, Hazard etc.

I definitely agree Lewan is a much better fit and would be much more successful here at Chelsea. I'll admit I have only seen few games of Higuain this year, so I probably overestimate his link up play ability (he did it pretty well in the games I watched). If he's generally worthless outside of scoring, than I would be unhappy with Chelsea signing him.

Just a few cheaper options that are available and would add depth to our team:

Payet, Lacazette, Lens, Ayew, Gonalons, Mavuba, Soldado, Banega, Feghouli, Strootman, L. Bender, Aubameyang

As I mentioned several Ligue 1 players is no surprise. Both Ligue and Epl share several similarities. Both are fast paced, physical leagues. Sure epl has more quality, but our players history tells us that we should buy from France more.

Anelka, Drogba, Essien, Malouda and Hazard, Azpi recently are all proof that Ligue 1 players suit us quite well.

I would put my bet on Lacazette who is fast direct player with great dribbling and passing. He doesnt score many goals etc, but he is very important for Lyon attacks. Im realy surprised that with lack of wingers in France (basicaly only Ribery, Valbuena and Menez are good), Lacazette isnt yet French international. He is still just 21 and has plenty of time.

good shout on mavuba. he is an amazing defensivemidfielder