Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I'm sorry you took it that way, but the idea of Alonso joining Chelsea is a bit far-fetched.

Modric just seems far more likely to me considering our past relationship with him.

Don't think either would happen, but Alonso has little more chance imo. Mainly because as i said rumors are that he will not sign a contract extension and Mourinho relationship with him is arguably better then any other player on Madrid squad. You seem to write off the possibility just because of his connection with Liverpool. It might be cliche but there is no loyalty in football anymore, and it doesn't get noted much but supporters have no loyalty toward players either, seen countless times club legends get scapegoated toward their end of their career. But i digress, Modric had no problem whoring himself to us when he was a spurs player, Torres handed a transfer request on the eve of the transfer window, and Joe Cole a self proclaimed lifelong Chelsea fan had no shame joining Liverpool. I am using a few example, but not sure why is it so laughable and while considering Liverpool is just another employee and not even his schoolboy club or something like that.

Modric is more unlikely mainly due to the uncertainty surrounding Alonso future, highly doubt they would attempt to sell Modric when Alonso is not committed beyond next season.

Don't think either would happen, but Alonso has little more chance imo. Mainly because as i said rumors are that he will not sign a contract extension and Mourinho relationship with him is arguably better then any other player on Madrid squad. You seem to write off the possibility just because of his connection with Liverpool. It might be cliche but there is no loyalty in football anymore, and it doesn't get noted much but supporters have no loyalty toward players either, seen countless times club legends get scapegoated toward their end of their career. But i digress, Modric had no problem whoring himself to us when he was a spurs player, Torres handed a transfer request on the eve of the transfer window, and Joe Cole a self proclaimed lifelong Chelsea fan had no shame joining Liverpool. I am using a few example, but not sure why is it so laughable and while considering Liverpool is just another employee and not even his schoolboy club or something like that.

Modric is more unlikely mainly due to the uncertainty surrounding Alonso future, highly doubt they would attempt to sell Modric when Alonso is not committed beyond next season.

That's fair enough and you won't get an argument with me about players' loyalty nowadays but I just don't see it happening based on everything I know about Alonso, especially if Liverpool come in for him.

Modric hasn't established himself in that Madrid team and they may choose to go in another direction which makes him a more likely option for us.

If we end up going for a player to cover the AM positions, I've always fancied having Diego of Wolfsburg here. He'd also add experience. I want him.

LOOOOOL

Does he still exists? :lol:

I already joked about it, but now ths is the serious one:

Transfers: Cavani + Moutinho + CB.

Loaned Players Back: Lukaku, KDB, Piazon and Chalobah.

Outs: Torres, Malouda, Marin and Lampard.

IF Jose comes, we can expect a very good CB in first place. He was always 'mad' on good strikers, so probably Cavani/Falcao/etc or he could find next Milito. There is certain he will strenghten midfield. Not a DM because he worked with Mikel before and Obi was great under him. Someone along him to command game. If he will make us counter attacking team, a very fast winger will come aswell. Thats basicaly it if Mou comes.

Perhaps we should just buy De Rossi to pair him with Mikel. He is great CM/DM who is experienced and is known to dictate midfield with his vision, passing and explosivness (but he wont leave Roma :( )

ST, CM and CB should arrive in summer, cheap or expensive; they are required for next season.

I already joked about it, but now ths is the serious one:

Transfers: Cavani + Moutinho + CB.

Loanees: Lukaku, KDB Piazon and Chalobah.

Outs: Torres, Malouda, Marin and Lampard.

Bro, with this, you won't be friend with The Only Place ahah :)

4-3-3

Cech/(Backup GK)

Azpi/Bane - (CB)/Cahill - Luiz/Terry - Cole/PVA/Bert

Ramires(Ball-winner) - Mikel/Romeu - Oscar (DLP)

Mata/KDB - Ba/Lukaku - Hazard/Moses

So at a minimum, we'll need a backup GK, a CB, a ball-winning midfielder and a proper centre-mid, preferably a deep lying playmaker.

Backup GK - Buy someone homegrown, maybe Robert Green after QPR goes down.

CB - Has to be someone who can partner Luiz from day one.

Ball winning mid & centre-mid - We need two midfielders for sure. People keep throwing KDB in their midfield but he's way too aggressive of a passer and not good enough of a defender to be playing EPL level midfield, he should be first backup to all the attacking mid positions. I'd want Vidal for sure and a Moutinho/Cabaye whichever is cheaper (I'd prefer Moutinho).

I'd love a striker and another winger but the above take priority, especially the midfield imo.

In:

Green - 2M?

CB - 15-20M

Vidal - 20M

Cabaye/Moutinho - 20M

Lukaku - Loan

KDB - Loan

PVA - Loan

Out:

Ferreira

Malouda

Yossi

Essien

Lamps

Marin

Torres

Total spend of 60M or thereabouts with big wage cuts for sure.

Vidal or Moutinho for 20 mio each wont happen. More like 30-40mio each.

However Juve might be ready to sell Vidal, after all they have Pogba who has incredible potential and is already good enough to be starter.

GK: Forster(Celtic) -doubt he would want to be backup but he is great.

CB: Howedes/Papadopoulos/Godin - Okore or Zouma are too young...

CM: Moutinho/Modric/Benat/Cabaye/Strootman/Gundogan/

CF: Cavani/Jovetic/Falcao/Lewa/Fischer

---

Torres, Malouda, Marin, Lamps, Turnbull, Hilario should leave (20mio from sales?) Kdb, Lukaku, PVA and Essien to return.