Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Also, I was extremely impressed with Hernanes during the international break with Brazil. Anyone know if he'd be available and for how much? He was like a better Dembele.

he is listed as £17.5m

I've thrown in Modric's name as the playmaker we could get, but I'm wondering if that's the route we need to go down. Maybe we could go more physical players there like Mikel and Ramires.

Maybe Chalobah. He's strong and defensively-minded, but he's fantastic on the ball and can keep the game ticking over. A partnership with Mikel might take some of the pressure off of Mikel and allow them both to take turns in moving forward and linking the play up, in a throw back to the Petit/Vieira or Ince/Keane partnerships. Then you've also got Ramires, Romeu and maybe even Ake who could do similar things.

You've also got the option of moving De Bruyne or even Oscar back into that midfield two if teams are defending deeper against us.

Alderweireld is an interesting player.I watched him in the champion's league this season and he was good,He looks like he will leave ajax this season as well.Is he as good as vertonghen?

Not that good in offence (his crosses and shots, he has a very heavy one, are good tho), distribution also rather good (else you cant play for ajax) but vertonghen would be great as LB/CDM even.

Potentially better in defence.

I believe the guys going out will be:-

Lampard

Torres (not completely convinced he'll leave yet though)

Malouda

Ferreira

Marin (loan)

Demba Ba (yes, already.)

Benayoun

Hilario

Courtois (loan)

McEachran (loan)

Kakuta

Piazon (loan)

van Aanholt

Bruma

Chalobah (loan)

Likely ins for me are:-

Clyne or Shaw. We have to have more English talent (yes, it's a need, not a want). There's no other English talent we'd be interested in I believe unless we make a slight shock move for Richards who we've been interested in before.

Gomez or Higuain (unfortunately for the former. I think he'd flop here)

Benat (I believe the reported interest was indeed true. I also feel that with Alonso not renewing his Madrid contract, they'll be keeping Modric around) at a long shot, but in all honesty I don't see the board buying a central playmaker at all at times because they've neglected and continue to neglect that area.

I don't see any central defenders being purchased unless we move for Richards and use him in the centre.

All in all, I think we'll have a Summer which, although will see the return of Essien, will leave us even more bare than we currently are.

Not that good in offence (his crosses and shots, he has a very heavy one, are good tho), distribution also rather good (else you cant play for ajax) but vertonghen would be great as LB/CDM even.

Dont care about attack just wanted to know that whether toby can be as good if not better defensively then vertonghen.

Jesus Christ. I feel like a bit of a dickhead for posting a video of this guy's again with a negative comment but he truly is fucking clueless. Anyway, if anyone wants entertained regarding this topic:

(A few things he mentions: "We have a history of taking Liverpool's best players". Er, we don't. "Falcao is the 3rd best player in the world." Er, he isn't. He also talks about Schurrle being a striker.. which he isn't.. just... urgh. This is one of the reasons our fans have a bad rep. The only fans of ours on Youtube who do videos like these [there's only 2 I know of] are clueless.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPDfFl4oBMo

Dont care about attack just wanted to know that whether toby can be as good if not better defensively then vertonghen.

Especially his concentration is better which is vertonghens biggest flaw, they are rather similar tho, but he's younger

Seen Alderweireld mentioned a couple of times in this thread. He's not in Vertonghen's league. He's decent at CB (pretty bad at RB), would probably be a good CB in a mid-table team.

Still gutted Chelsea didn't go for Vertonghen this summer. What a bargain for Spuds he was. Surprised Barca didn't buy him. They bought Song instead to play CB, good business lol :F

Seen Alderweireld mentioned a couple of times in this thread. He's not in Vertonghen's league. He's decent at CB (pretty bad at RB), would probably be a good CB in a mid-table team.

Still gutted Chelsea didn't go for Vertonghen this summer. What a bargain for Spuds he was. Surprised Barca didn't buy them. They bought Song instead to play CB, good business lol :F

Yeh well vertonghen is awesome indeed, but Alderweireld is good enough for a top team imo, he's better than Vermaelen when he left Ajax for Arsenal and just look what season he played then...

Yeh well vertonghen is awesome indeed, but Alderweireld is good enough for a top team imo, he's better than Vermaelen when he left Ajax for Arsenal and just look what season he played then...

Vermaelen was better imo, altough I haven't seen nearly as much of Alderweireld at Ajax than TV at Ajax.