Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Lukaku didn't give that to him, he didn't give that to the club and he didn't give it to the fans. That's why you'll find so many fans who are fed up with him because we invested a lot of hope in him and when given the chance, he took the easy route out.

No disrespect to Everton, but they are a small club and he knew he'd play their week-in and week-out whereas with us he would have to FIGHT for every minute.

Lukaku didn't fight. Mourinho only wants fighters. That is a massive issue.

Agree. However I still think a lot of reactions and fed-up-ness are over the top and way too harsh on him.

All he wants is to reach top level and he correctly understood he needs games to grow. As much as possible... So probably CFC just came too early in his career IMO. (And it remains in doubt if he'll ever reach that level)

On the bright side: getting that much playing time at WBA and Everton made him a better player so he didn't just do himself a favor, CFC and Mourinho (tbc) should also look at the positives of his past 2 seasons IMO. (Better player / more cash in case of sale)

Do you know what Mourinho said to Lukaku last year? He said 'you're going on Romelu' (or words to that effect).

The greatest manager in club football gave a young player chances at this club. But you want him to rub his tummy and tell him he's a good boy as well? Lukaku will get praise when he's EARNT it.

Exactly. He could have fought for his place. What top coach is going to back a guy who has this attitude? NAME ONE

NAME ONE

Come on Stats, just one.

20 year olds are men.

In fact he's a PROFESSIONAL footballer. He's not some YTS kid plucked from the bootroom.

People are disappointed. He was this great talent, he loved the club, he loved Drogba but he let us down. We needed him last season and we needed him to fight and instead he asked for a transfer.

He left US. He asked to leave US. Why don't you understand that? He got a chance to play for the club you and I support and he turned it down.

I accept he asked for a loan but if Mourinho is not wanting Lukaku back because he was not willing to fight for his place, which you and several other members are indicating I reckon that is a ridiculous and arrogant stance for Mourinho to take. I was disappointed like anyone else when he left out on loan because I knew he could have helped us. He asked for a loan but if it was best for the club Mourinho should have let him stay. Also he impressed out on loan and should have caught Mourinho'e eye. When you perform you deserve praise or should be made to feel welcome. I don't see how you differ.

20 year olds are men, yes but come on in the football world he is young and has a lot to learn.

But while he asked for a loan, Lukaku made it known that he wants to come back after his loan a better player and fighting for the striker's position. His exact words were: " I could have stayed and fought, but it was not about the competition. When you are a 20-year-old you need minutes. I lost my place in the national team because I did not play for a year with Chelsea. I want that position back. I want to be in a top team and play. You only get better if you play so the best thing was to leave."

So yes he asked for a loan but at least you have a young player who is ambitious and willing to fight for his place. I am sure they left it on good terms when he left. Jose got irritated by his constant communications with the media. While he could have fought for his place, he feels he is benefiting himself and Chelsea by going out on loan. It was not as cowardly as some think. Hindsight he would have got a lot of chances but it is not as if he wasted a season.

Mourinho would know from that meeting and Lukaku's words that there is a player wanting to come back and fight. That is fine enough for me. He praised Mourinho and said he wants to come back. I appreciate that and hold no form of grudge. He is our player now and he feared of wasting a year again. Year gone, he scored goals, we bring him back into our plans. It is that simple. I can't see why Mourinho would hold any grudge against him. As I said I don't think it is for non-football reasons solely why he does not want him here because Lukaku has the intention to fight for his place this season. Football should be based on a players performance and not on what he said or asked for. He did not say anything that was criminal ffs. His attitude could have been more work-ethic to fight for his place but at least he showed and said he wants to come back and fight for his place. Fine by me. People need to get over themselves just because he asked for a loan. He said he wanted to come back here and return a better player. That shows an attitude of someone willing to achieve and get better and better.

-Romelu?

-We don't rate you !

-Why?

-Your first touch is poor, you are not dedicated enough , you are a coward and your penalties suck

-So....?

-You can leave for 25-30.000.000

-That makes sense !

No one's saying they don't rate him, especially not anyone inside the club. Yes, he obviously has some flaws in his game like every 21-year-old but his career has still been very impressive so far and looking a the transfer market talented youngsters like him go for big money all the time.

Also, you left out the part where Lukaku himself is the one pushing for a move. Every player has a price and if they're not willing to stay then they're free to go as soon as someone pays the asking price. I don't think the Lukaku of now is worth that much but in his case the asking price is very high because Chelsea have already paid a lot of money for him three years ago and he has since then improved a lot and still has an even higher ceiling. If a player like Shaw goes for £30m because of how good he can potentially become, why should we price Lukaku based on his current abilities and not his potential?

People should stop acting as if they know what the fuck is said or what goes on behind the scene. All you read here is the same shit as 20 pages ago, people assuming this, assuming that, repeating it so frequently it becomes gospel truth.

He isn't a saint but this is getting ridiculous. One frigging rumour about him leaving and bam, 4-5 pages of the same bores pulling the same shit out of their ass again.

Holland said he wants to stay and fight for his place. That's as genuine as sources get. Pull your cocks back in, he isn't gone yet.

Amen. The BS going here is too damn high!

Can we stop repeating all the fucking shit we've been going over for the last 12 months till the time err ... you know, something actually happens? I keep coming here looking at the activity thinking things are moving one way or another and yet it's the same back and forth that's doing my head in.

At the moment the only concrete, official word from the club or the player is that he'll be back for preseason soon enough so let's not get ahead of ourselves, shall we?

So you think it's 'ridiculous and arrogant' for Mourinho to not want a player who 'was not willing to fight for his place'.

That's just a quite unbelievable thing to write. I get that you really, really, really want Lukaku to say, but you're way too smart to believe what you've just written.

For you to believe that, you'd have to wilfully ignore what you know about Jose Mourinho and every other top coach in every sport. Is that what you're doing?

I do think it is ridiculous and shows some arrogance if Mourinho does not want him in his plans this season because he asked for a loan move last season. I respect Mourinho a lot and I think is one of the top managers in the world but I will criticise the 'special one' when I feel it is deserved. Lukaku did not sulk out of the club. He thought it would be beneficial to himself and the club. As I said I am sure him and Mourinho left it on good terms as Lukaku said his plan was to come back and fight for his place.

So if it is on the basis that Mourinho does not want Lukaku because he asked for a loan move last season, I stand by my comments.

Chill guys, he ain't going to be sold unless he does something retarded or gets in a clash with Jose. If that happens he will be sold and we will bring an adequate backup. I mean even Jose complained like crazy about our strikers last season...

It's not like Chelsea is led by one of the best coaches in the history of football...

This is spot on.

It's amazing how certain posters wilfully delude themselves by thinking Jose would respect a person who asked to leave because he had competition for his spot.

When Abramovich took over, did Lampard look at the money being spent and ask to leave? No. He worked harder and scored TWICE as many goals the next season.

When we spent £30 million on Sheva and £50 million on Torres, did Drogba ask to leave? No.

Yet Lukaku gets chances at the start of the season but looks at Torres, Ba and Eto'o and asks to leave for a club with zero competition.

Torres play good he plays Torres play shit he still plays. Lukaku knows he wont succeed in football if he wont play like 1884288881 youth players we never gave real chance.

If he left because he was scared of last season strikers we had and now he stays with even better strikers, what will you say then? Still coward?

You have pure hate towards Lukaku, saying he got chance but he never got proper chance. He left to everton; and not you or me knows why. What Mou says in public is bs oftenly too so you cant take for his word.

He talks waaay too much though I agree, but aparently he even trained during holidays to keep in good shape, which I admire too.

He looks like he is realy trying and wants to play as much as he can, thats why he left for everton.

Btw real chance is when you give striker 5 games and if he doesnt play well, you give him 5 more with less pressure as possible because young strikers often need full support from their managers to succeed. And in those 10 games, he will then show at least some promise to continue playing. While at chelsea we give 3 games chance and if he doesnt score 10 goals, we return to torres...that should change now that Mou is here. If Mou keeps Lukaku this season, you will be damn surprised how good he can be.

Do you consider Pogba a coward too because he couldnt wait for chance in United and forced a move to Juve?

Torres play good he plays Torres play shit he still plays. Lukaku knows he wont succeed in football if he wont play like 1884288881 youth players we never gave real chance.

If he left because he was scared of last season strikers we had and now he stays with even better strikers, what will you say then? Still coward?

You have pure hate towards Lukaku, saying he got chance but he never got proper chance. He left to everton; and not you or me knows why. What Mou says in public is bs oftenly too so you cant take for his word.

He talks waaay too much though I agree, but aparently he even trained during holidays to keep in good shape, which I admire too.

He looks like he is realy trying and wants to play as much as he can, thats why he left for everton.

Btw real chance is when you give striker 5 games and if he doesnt play well, you give him 5 more with less pressure as possible because young strikers often need full support from their managers to succeed. And in those 10 games, he will then show at least some promise to continue playing. While at chelsea we give 3 games chance and if he doesnt score 10 goals, we return to torres...that should change now that Mou is here. If Mou keeps Lukaku this season, you will be damn surprised how good he can be.

Do you consider Pogba a coward too because he couldnt wait for chance in United and forced a move to Juve?

The problem is, we are a top club fighting for trophies. We can't afford to give young strikers 10 games until they show some promise. It sounds nice in theory, but it's very unrealistic in practice. How many points would we drop while we're giving young strikers 10 games to just show some promise?

The problem is, we are a top club fighting for trophies. We can't afford to give young strikers 10 games until they show some promise. It sounds good in theory, but it's very unrealistic in practice. How many points would we drop while we're giving young strikers 10 games to just show some promise?

True and this is why we cant bring almost no young players in first team. Actualy even Barca, psg, bayern, real etc couldnt afford put kids in first team nowdays, but Im still certain they would try more to give them chance than here.

Sturridge is similar case, he didnt got real chance here, but he turned realy good in pool and needed very few games to show them quality.

I guess selling Lukaku and buying him in few years ala matic would be best for both parties unless Mou will give Lukaku a serious chance and trust.