Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Goes without saying that most would prefer Lukaku of that bunch but getting rid of Torres won't be that easy and if he's still around I don't want Lukaku coming back next season because getting ahead of Torres, Ba and potentially another new signing is not the simplest of tasks and there's no point returning if he won't get a game.

Agree on the ideal scenario, maybe Ba could stay another year as third choice as he seems like the type who won't complain if he doesn't play that much but if only we were be able to sell the ladyboy and buy someone good with Lukaku as second choice it would be perfect.

We will have Jose in charge who is one man who wouldn't be afraid to bench torres and play the youngster. So the torres effect will be reduced. If we buy a big name striker and torres stays then yes we should loan him. As 4 strikers is a bit much and we need him to be playing at least semi regular.

No way, he should stay in England to be a homegrown player next year.

Btw he told that mou didn't phoned him but when the journalist asked him what will be his future, he said "i don't know what's the plans of Mou concerning me" on "la tribune tv show on RTBF".

So he knew alreadry that Mou will be the next Chelsea Manager

Btw he told that mou didn't phoned him but when the journalist asked him what will be his future, he said "i don't know what's the plans of Mou concerning me" on "la tribune tv show on RTBF".

So he knew alreadry that Mou will be the next Chelsea Manager

He actually said that? Wow!

Its all very simple. We cannot bring him back until we get rid of Torres.

I think everyone understands what a talent this guy is and that he is probably ready to play for Chelsea, but to do that he needs high quality playtime. We cannot have him rot on the bench considering his age and talent. He is still developing. If he was 26-27 it wouldnt matter that much because he'd be a complete striker then and at his prime.

Exactly.

And how pissed would you be with the blonde flop starting more games than you, even though you scored over twice the amount he has in the league?

However, I'd like to think Mourinho will do his upmost to get rid of Torres if he comes, as difficult as it may be.

BeNeFoot @BeNeFoot

Lukaku on Extra Time: I have learned a hard lesson but I'm a better player now. I've learned to make more intelligent runs.

Lukaku: When I left #rsca, it was the right moment to leave. I had a good upbringing. I couldn't get the extra training I needed there.

Lukaku: I completed my footballing education at Chelsea. I learned quicker by training alongside better players.

Lukaku says Chelsea won't let him go to a direct rival. He's just named the Bundesliga as a possible destination (Dortmund/Schalke)

Worth reading last tweet in context particularly of the first sentence and the example of Kevin De Bruyne. We'll see after pre-season.

Lukaku said the likes of him, KDB must go back to Chelsea who will then have a squad of about 40, which they will have to trim.

John Chapman @BelgoFoot

Romelu Lukaku has just arrived for his spot on Belgian TV sports programme (French speaking) after his hat-trick.

Lukaku says Eden Hazard fastest over 10 metres but he would beat Hazard over 100 metres.

Lukaku says he weighed 110 kilos at Anderlecht but since strict diet (salad, fruit juice, meat, ... no pasta) he is down to 94/96 kilos.

Lukaku says that defenders in #epl will know his style (and Benteke's) and that second season is the most difficult.

Lukaku says Mourinho has not called him.

Romelu says his brother is not a defender, he's a midfielder. Nice as Anderlecht President there in the studio (Jordan has been LB so far).

http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/videozone/programmas/extratime/ET_Episode_20130520?video=1.1635303

Lukaku as the guests choose their 'moments of the week'. In the 10th minute, Lukaku is also talking about his fellow Belgian Courtois.

I will translate it later, and the rest of the show will come online later tonight or tomorrow on www.sporza.be ( and then just search for the latest full episode of extra time)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YNvzXGgnq4

Video of Romelu's hat trick. First one went in little too easily, but the second goal was just brilliant. It's also great how he manages to score the third goal with his head to get the perfect hat trick.

I will stick to my prediction although I will get slaughtered because of it...Lukaku will never be our first option striker, he will become a very good second option, but I doubt he will ever be our senior main target man!

For various reasons, but two at stand out for me: he aint a big marketing name (and we all know Roman likes them) and I am still not convinced about some of his abilities such as dribbling, passing and first touch. I think those two aspects will hunt him in his pursue to become our absolutely dominant striker...

Having said that, it doesn't mean I want him to fail or that I wouldn't be happy to be wrong, it is just how I feel.

I would renew his loan with West Bromwich, he is improving a lot there and we currently have way too many strikers for Lukaku to get a decent amount of playing time (considering we will most likely not sell Torres, but will still buy another big time striker on the market). After that, I would try to make sure he comes back and feels as comfortable as possible. All we got to do is have patience!

Just to make clear, I dont think he will be our Drogba, but that doesnt mean I think he wont be good. In a shit comparison, he will be our Anelka (because he was a good player that was never our main option).

I will stick to my prediction although I will get slaughtered because of it...Lukaku will never be our first option striker, he will become a very good second option, but I doubt he will ever be our senior main target man!

For various reasons, but two at stand out for me: he aint a big marketing name (and we all know Roman likes them) and I am still not convinced about some of his abilities such as dribbling, passing and first touch. I think those two aspects will hunt him in his pursue to become our absolutely dominant striker...

Having said that, it doesn't mean I want him to fail or that I wouldn't be happy to be wrong, it is just how I feel.

I would renew his loan with West Bromwich, he is improving a lot there and we currently have way too many strikers for Lukaku to get a decent amount of playing time (considering we will most likely not sell Torres, but will still buy another big time striker on the market). After that, I would try to make sure he comes back and feels as comfortable as possible. All we got to do is have patience!

Just to make clear, I dont think he will be our Drogba, but that doesnt mean I think he wont be good. In a shit comparison, he will be our Anelka (because he was a good player that was never our main option).

You haven't watched him enough if you think he has poor dribbling. Passing is meh, he's like a Demba Ba level passer. First touch has improved a bit this season but I don't think he'll ever have a great first touch. So I agree on passing and first touch, but wholeheartedly disagree on dribbling. He's a very very good dribbler, I'd say he's the best dribbling striker we've had over the past decade.

And I also agree he won't be our Drogba, just cause he's big and plays for Chelsea doesn't mean he's Drogba, he plays nothing like a Drogba. He plays more like a Torres, than a Drogba.

Overall though I disagree that he can't be a first choice for us, just for the simple fact that his potential is scary high. It's just whether he can fulfill it or not which will determine where his career will go, but if he does, he'll go down as one of the best in Chelsea history. The potential is just scary high for him, he has the work ethic and attitude so I just can't see how you can write him off this early in his career.

I would renew his loan with West Bromwich, he is improving a lot there and we currently have way too many strikers for Lukaku to get a decent amount of playing time (considering we will most likely not sell Torres, but will still buy another big time striker on the market).

Would we? That still leaves us with two options, one of which can't play week in-week out.

I think it's the most adequate time to bring Lukaku back and give him an opportunity. He's high on confidence and raring to go, give him enough backing from management and enough time and it could pay dividends for Chelsea.

I fear another loan could have an opposite effect and demotivate the boy.

You haven't watched him enough if you think he has poor dribbling. Passing is meh, he's like a Demba Ba level passer. First touch has improved a bit this season but I don't think he'll ever have a great first touch. So I agree on passing and first touch, but wholeheartedly disagree on dribbling. He's a very very good dribbler, I'd say he's the best dribbling striker we've had over the past decade.

And I also agree he won't be our Drogba, just cause he's big and plays for Chelsea doesn't mean he's Drogba, he plays nothing like a Drogba. He plays more like a Torres, than a Drogba.

Overall though I disagree that he can't be a first choice for us, just for the simple fact that his potential is scary high. It's just whether he can fulfill it or not which will determine where his career will go, but if he does, he'll go down as one of the best in Chelsea history. The potential is just scary high for him, he has the work ethic and attitude so I just can't see how you can write him off this early in his career.

I have watched enough of him, just because I have a different opinion than you, it doesn't mean I am the one who don't watch him and you are the one who does...

Besides that, you are entitled to your opinion! ;)

Amazes me how much people on here overrate him. He's still a poor footballer that scores goals. He's basically a less experienced version of Demba Ba with mediocre technique but superior athleticism.

As for the Drogba comparisons he's definitely more athletic. Faster, stronger and bigger but he's miles off Didier technically.

His first touch is even worse than Torres' on a bad day, his shooting technique is poor (no subtlety in his finishing and the power on his shots are surprisingly tame), he's nowhere near as good holding the ball up + linking up with others (most crucial weakness considering the players we have) and he's shockingly poor in the air.

Another loan to a club that plays to his weaknesses would do him wonders in my opinion. He's still only 20 and we have two above average strikers at the club already with one incoming so there's no need to rush him at this point.

Even Lukaku himself realises this. Look at his recent comments on his season, don't get me wrong he has scary good potential but he's still a raw youngster some way off starting for a title contender. There's a reason an average player like Benteke starts ahead of him in the Belgium NT.

A loan to a club like Southampton, Swansea or maybe even a Bundesliga/La Liga club would do wonders for him. Teams who don't soley rely on the long ball or counter attacks and exploit his physical capabilities while neglecting/refusing to improve and hone his deficiencies as a footballer.

It's easy saying we have Mata/Oscar/Hazard etc he'll score shitloads HERE! But look at Ba, apart from his debut and his two wonder goals in the FA Cup he has looked pretty average and out of place in the team. Got outperformed by Torres in the closing stages of the season and only scored 2 PL goals in 14 games for us while at Newcastle he had 13 in 20.

His first touch is even worse than Torres' on a bad day, his shooting technique is poor (no subtlety in his finishing and the power on his shots are surprisingly tame), he's nowhere near as good holding the ball up + linking up with others (most crucial weakness considering the players we have) and he's shockingly poor in the air.

He is indeed still quite raw, but you're making it sound like he's rubbish. Basically you're saying he sucks in nearly every department important for a striker.