Official - AVB confirmed as Chelsea boss

Guest justin_3d

Candidates for the new Chelsea management  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want to see as the new manager?

Nope.

Why get a coach that has done nothing, when you might as well risk it on Villa-Boas, Pep, and even my fav. Bielsa.

Van Basten has got nothing on them.

There is a reason why he did not do nothing with Ajax.....

Lol ! You make me say what I didn't say.

I ain't backing Van Basten or whatsoever. I know fuck all about what he has done. I am just saying that a coach lesser good than Carlo won't necesseraly do a worst job.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've posted this before about Van Basten; he didn't win one single game outside of the first round in either the Euro or World Cup. He has only managed one season at the club level. That was with Ajax and not only did he not win the league with the most storied Dutch club, he couldn't even get them into the Champions League.

I'm ambivalent about Carlo's departure but MVB doesn't inspire much hope. I agree that the positive is he will likely be happy to remold the club. I think this is absolutely necessary. The problem is that he hasn't actually shown he can win.

I was surprised with what Frank de Boer did with Ajax this season.

Marco lacks experience and any succes. Only Chelsea-men should get the chance to manage Chelsea without those things.

I disagree. Look at guys like Ancelotti, Mourinho, Villas-Boas and Guardiola when they first won their European cup. They weren't considered world-class managers then. I think right now we are too concerned with the candidate's resumes that we are passing up some great managers who simply never had the chance/squad to have much success. I'd rather hire an up-and-coming manager who's never won a trophy than a guy like Scolari who did but was terrible. I really believe that what's helped create this mess is that attitude that thinks we are too big of a club to take risk with managers.

Now I'm not saying we should hire Van Basten, but the fact that he's never won a trophy is not a huge concern for me.

Stupid club.

Watch how Henrique, Styles, Spuds, and killamanjaro will be saying sack this guy in a couple of months!

You're absolutely wrong mate. I won't ask for our next manager to be sacked in a couple month... I'm already asking for his sack right now :clown:

Guest justin_3d

You're absolutely wrong mate. I won't ask for our next manager to be sacked in a couple month... I'm already asking for his sack right now :clown:

Well whatever.

In the past I only back a new manager as long he breeds new blood. I am willing to loose trophies at the cost of youth a la Wenger.

So if this Van Basten guy can bring in more youth, then i will be happy.

And if the club let him work so he can bring more youth regardless of not winning anything, then i will say, ok this is a long term project.

But if they do it again like Carlo, then there will be no point in anything no more with this club.

I disagree. Look at guys like Ancelotti, Mourinho, Villas-Boas and Guardiola when they first won their European cup. They weren't considered world-class managers then. I think right now we are too concerned with the candidate's resumes that we are passing up some great managers who simply never had the chance/squad to have much success. I'd rather hire an up-and-coming manager who's never won a trophy than a guy like Scolari who did but was terrible. I really believe that what's helped create this mess is that attitude that thinks we are too big of a club to take risk with managers.

Now I'm not saying we should hire Van Basten, but the fact that he's never won a trophy is not a huge concern for me.

:goodpost:

Stupid club.

Watch how Henrique, Styles, Spuds, and kilamnjaro will be saying sack this guy in a couple of months!

I don't suppose they know "The gang of Four" they had big ideas ,,were going to change the Country for the better ,,,all ended in failure

Guest justin_3d

garbosj Ian McGarry Hiddink will be coach of Turkey until after June 4th qf. Then be announced as Director of Football at #CFC followed by Van Basten as coach. http://twitter.com/#!/garbosj

apparantly He knows what he's talking about!

So Van Basten, you have my blessing, if you play more youth for our club!

In the past I only back a new manager as long he breeds new blood. I am willing to loose trophies at the cost of youth a la Wenger.

So if this Van Basten guy can bring in more youth, then i will be happy.

And if the club let him work so he can bring more youth regardless of not winning anything, then i will say, ok this is a long term project.

But if they do it again like Carlo, then there will be no point in anything no more with this club.

Finally we could be agree on one point :lol:... Actually that's the second, ie the need to buy a new right back lol.

Guest justin_3d

Finally we could be agree on one point :lol:... Actually that's the second, ie the need to buy a new right back lol.

You know what will be fucked up?

If City actually win the CL next year, while we are tying to the Wenger Model of Youth....