Stamford Bridge Thread

I've no idea about the local politics, so I'm curious if anyone thinks Labour representatives could help CFC get permission to build another tier on the NE side of the stadium, over the train tracks and into the adjacent park (which wouldn't be too intrusive, it would seem).

Always nice to hear official stuff from the club about stadium expansion/relocation but I don't see what's changed beyond the recent elections putting a Labour council in charge. If I were to be cynical then I would say this is the club making it very clear that they're exhausting all possibilities with regards expanding on the current plot so as to appease the CPO before submitting a new plan to move. Earls Court could face some issues with the new Labour council but even then there's absolutely no guarantee a stadium would fit with the redesigned plans whilst the Battersea redevelopment would really need to face some catastrophic funding issues for that to be a possibility again....although it's Battersea Power Station so that's not exactly beyond the realms of possibility based on it's history.

With a new council being elected there's always a sense of a fresh start so maybe there's some hope to be had there but my gut feeling is that this might just lead to some minor tinkering with regards egress areas. Looking at the land we actually have, a 60,000 seat stadium would probably require something radical happening and some time at another stadium (always thought Twickenham was a possibility).

Just got to hope for the best and some friendly, open, engaged minds on the council.

So what our best option?

So what our best option?

Honestly, I don't know. Maybe suck it up, spend £600 million knocking the stadium down hoping the council help us acquire the extra land we would need and spend three years playing somewhere like Twickers. Battersea was probably the ideal place with Earls Court a close second. Whatever happens the club needs to be open and honest with the CPO.

Question: How does the cost of building a new stadium or even rebuilding an existing one factor in with FFP? Surely there must be something in there about it or no team in Europe would be able to build a new stadium and keep a positive balance.

Question: How does the cost of building a new stadium or even rebuilding an existing one factor in with FFP? Surely there must be something in there about it or no team in Europe would be able to build a new stadium and keep a positive balance.

To my knowledge, I think I was reading it up the other day... Building a new stadium won't come up as an expense under FFP. It comes under one of the exceptions.

Investments in the stadium or other facilities are excluded from the FFP

• 2 weeks later...

Yep.When Qpr get their new ground we'll barely have the biggest stadium in west London.If their is a way of expanding the Bridge then let's do it, although personally I believe their is zero chance of that happening.

The club must see how imperative it is we expand, so I'm sure they will be working on something.

of course they do, that was shown by the effort to buy back SB from the CPO. it's a shame we fell through with Battersea, considering that's being converted into a shit hole

• 3 weeks later...

Becoming the first club in the league to use LED floodlights. Whole new floodlight system installed for this season including some ugly looking ones hanging from the Shed and Matthew Harding ends. Can't find any pictures online but there are a few on Instagram