Stamford Bridge Thread

2 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Thank fuck for that  We don't need a new ground with the current tv deals.

You are relieved? That ground looks awesome. It would have been brilliant. This is the first time we have not seen Romab fully commited to the club since his arrival. 

Its amazing ya know.

Ive been watching the history of the PL on History channel and its on 2004/05 and it seems like yesterday but the difference between us now and then in many ways is light years.

I dont like talking like 'Glory Days' cause its all about now. And right now it hurts.

11 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Thank fuck for that  We don't need a new ground with the current tv deals.

I agree FB just to many what ifs. Four or five years at Wembley would not have worked out well crowds would be down and apart from against the big clubs and West Ham crowds would not be massively above 42,000 if at all. Some on here and they can take it how they like just don't understand what attending matches is about and five years away from the Bridge would have a detrimental effect on both fans and players alike. Chelsea - Burnley midweek in January at Wembley we'd be lucky to get 30,000.

The stadium looked to be a noose around our necks anyway. The cost was potentially astronomical, especially given how the club doesn't even hold the freehold.

Its also not like arsenal who could develop the land at highbury to contribute to funding. And even then their new stadium has been the single biggest factor to their lack of success in recent years. 

The additional income from an extra 20,000 attendance would not have the positive affect paying off such a huge sum and potentially trading success and champions league football with a less competitive squad.

The biggest worry to come from this news is not the stadium but if roman will keep investing in the squad to keep us competitive.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

You are relieved? That ground looks awesome. It would have been brilliant. This is the first time we have not seen Romab fully commited to the club since his arrival. 

Definitely. Didn't fancy Wembley for a couple of seasons, and is he committed ? Reckon its the start of the end.

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I agree FB just to many what ifs. Four or five years at Wembley would not have worked out well crowds would be down and apart from against the big clubs and West Ham crowds would not be massively above 42,000 if at all. Some on here and they can take it how they like just don't understand what attending matches is about and five years away from the Bridge would have a detrimental effect on both fans and players alike. Chelsea - Burnley midweek in January at Wembley we'd be lucky to get 30,000.

Now that Abramovich is unable to work over here at the moment, is this the start of the end with him.
Will the club be up for sale in the near future, I wonder?

It's the US putting pressure on the UK with sanctions on Russia, and oligarchs. Thanks May/Trump. The other thing is quite a lot our rivals are owned by yanks...

35 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Now that Abramovich is unable to work over here at the moment, is this the start of the end with him.
Will the club be up for sale in the near future, I wonder?

It's the US putting pressure on the UK with sanctions on Russia, and oligarchs. Thanks May/Trump. The other thing is quite a lot our rivals are owned by yanks...

He's got every right to be pissed off but I don't think it's the end well I hope not !. 

58 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Definitely. Didn't fancy Wembley for a couple of seasons, and is he committed ? Reckon its the start of the end.

Well a 'source' has come out and said that Roman is fully commited. I guess we will find out over the summer but this visa business is concerning. If Roman does sell up, we could only hope thay a similar outfit to who own City would come in. 

Every time a team builds a new stadium some lean years follow - until the stadium is built.
That tends to be the rule and we did n't like this aspect of the affair.

But the abandonment of the project is unhappy news - it means the club is not doing well economically.

The problem seems to be the attitude of UK's brexit government.
They are treating Roman as if he was a skripal murderer !
This is happening when they themselves -and Donald- are in power thanks to Putin money !
Oh tempora, o mores.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/707756/chelsea-news-stadium-roman-abramovich-visa-latest-plan-updates

But it could also be a sign he will pull the plug for good because the design is too expensive and "doesn't make sense".

Economics expert Rob Wilson claims he may even be using the stand-off as an opportunity to come up with a "Plan B".

"Moving out of their home stadium for four years, spending £1billlion on redevelopment, it just doesn't add up to me.

"This is an opportunity to say this is very, very costly and the visa wrangling is a nice way to say, actually no, we're going to shelve this for a minute.

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 7:34 PM, xPetrCechx said:

1b dollars for 18-19K seats? nah. we will never cover the investment... time to look how we can make bigger the current stands (like pool did at anfield).

Don't think that's possible otherwise it would have been done years ago. It was hard enough to get a roof on the West Stand that took about six years to complete. Can't do nothing with the Shed because of the hotel and the East Stand it's just not possible to extend for one thing you'd get vertigo being that high up !