Stamford Bridge Thread

Kensal gasworks is a SERIOUS goer apparently.WHEN we get told expanding the Bridge is "unfeasible" that is the site they will throw at us....so I've been told.

Really? Have no idea what the reaction to that will be, but nothing compared to what QPR supporters will say.

Know the council is looking to build a Crossrail station there so it'll be an area of regeneration, which usually gives cases like our's an easier run. We'd also be in Kensington and Chelsea if that matters.

Here's the proposed station which is right next to the gasworks.

crossrail_map_large.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.

Anyways the transport links look fantastic. Direct lines to Berkshire and Kent plus links to Heathrow, Liverpool St., Paddington and even the proposed West Coast Mainline.

Can't wait to be able to use my season ticket again and see the new LED lights! Missed Real Sociedad and Leicester City due to a holiday and the Reading festival! Going to Goodison on Saturday, should be a cracker of a game.

Can't wait to be able to use my season ticket again and see the new LED lights! Missed Real Sociedad and Leicester City due to a holiday and the Reading festival! Going to Goodison on Saturday, should be a cracker of a game.

The new lights are way too bright, every time you look up it feels like someone is shining a torch right in your eyes.

• 5 weeks later...

I thought it would cost more to redevelop then get a new stadium?

Sounds like a good plan, a step in the right direction.

Now make SB 70k with terracing!!!!

Would be huge to get a new 60.000-70.000 seater to the original place. Seems like Mr. Abramovich really wants to build it!

And I want to buy tickets to sit in it.

People often talk about the current crop of football club owners being no more than temporary custodians and about how they should not consider 'their' clubs as playthings to do with as they wish. Quite correct, they shouldn't, but I wonder how often we fans think about our own responsibility for the future? Our club, Chelsea Football Club, is no more ours to do with as we wish than it is Roman's.

I care about my family far more than I care about Chelsea but they're about the only things I do put before my football team. Because I love my family so much I think, and plan, and hope, for their futures all the time. I accept that responsibility but what about the other great love of my life? As a supporter, is it my right to cling to my memories and insist that the club panders to my feelings of nostalgia? No matter what the consequence? Should I not also consider the future of CFC and ask serious questions about whether a cobbled together solution at Stamford Bridge really will enable my club to compete over the next sixty years?

Fulham FC once had the ambition to be the best team in the world but then they refused to move into a new stadium at Stamford Bridge and someone else did instead. As a result, it's been way more than sixty years since they were even the best team in Fulham and these days they're going nowhere fast. Just a thought.