Stamford Bridge Thread

I spent some times looking for news about that. Apparently all the rockers are not happy with this. In all fairness, I prefer to see it converted into a stadium than razed to the ground to make room for extra luxury apartments.

seeing somethin' like this during the game would be epic

16077216.jpg

“Working with architects and planning experts, we have developed a plan to preserve all the significant aspects of Battersea Power Station. The four iconic chimneys and wash towers along with the Grade Two listed west turbine hall and control room will be restored and retained in their original locations and provide a unique architectural backdrop to a world-class stadium.”

To me that means not building inside the power station but wall2wall with it or like this picture posted earlier:

2e3bair.png

Agreed. I can actually see them using the old power station shell as the concourse for that all-new 15,000 seater grandstand.

We need to move. Stamford Bridge will always be in our hearts like Highbury to Arsenal fans but it is time to go to the next step and keep getting bigger. Battersea power station is ideal and the ideal location. It has to be done. Even Liverpool and Tottenham will have to move soon too, it's just todays football. Has to be done!

but what about fans transport? there's NO underground stations around BPW. Will they somehow expand the northern line?

Think the plan is for the club to contribute financially to the expansion of the northern line.

We need to move. Stamford Bridge will always be in our hearts like Highbury to Arsenal fans but it is time to go to the next step and keep getting bigger. Battersea power station is ideal and the ideal location. It has to be done. Even Liverpool and Tottenham will have to move soon too, it's just todays football. Has to be done!

Football, bloody hell.

This is all your fault Sir Murdoch. Disgrace to Australia.

Fuck modernization, we are Chelsea Football Club. We would not exist if it were not for Stamford Bridge. It is part of our history, our culture, our very fabric of existence. And we're pissing it all away on some 60,000 seating soulless bowl. How many clubs in Europe can say they have stayed in one stadium their whole existence? And the local council reckon it's very possible to expand Stamford Bridge. It would also sink us in years of debt, just like what's happened to Arsenal.

Say No CPO!

:wank2:

Yankees will be a bigger club then Chelsea will ever dream to be. And you think you are better then such a club?

If big clubs move so shall a club trying to grow!

:wank2:

Yankees will be a bigger club then Chelsea will ever dream to be. And you think you are better then such a club?

If big clubs move so shall a club trying to grow!

I never said that. What I meant was:

Fuck modernization. We are Chelsea Football Club and we would not exist as an entity without Stamford Bridge. And we won't in the future. The CPO will invariably vote 'no' and we'll end up being the Battersea Football Club.

I even managed to imagine the commentary of European nights when the players walk out of the tunnel, the commentator goes, welcome to ------------ the home of Chelsea FC, the most unique stadium in the world where the atmosphere is electric, OMG.... I'm insane..!