Stamford Bridge Thread

What protection does Battersea Power Station have because it is a listed building? Are there certain parts that can't be torn down or touched?

That pic looks good but id have said that the power station shell would have been either the north or south stand to any new ground, quite possibly the south end that the club want to make upto 15000, that would be a sight to behold 15000 chels in a quite unique and imposing stand screaming at the top of their lungs, the acoustics are something the club need to make sure are right in any new build, but I suppose that it shouldn't be a problem in a purpose built ground, unlike at the bridge currently due to the four separate stands all built separately and with different designs and bodge job corner infills.

It's blatantly obvious that no one really wants to leave the bridge and when it happens it will be a sad day but it is only a matter of time in truth. Think the club proved that the issues and costs surrounding the extension of the bridge were too much, not really sure what f&h are doing saying they think we can still do it. Battersea looks a super prospect and would give us the stadium needed to compete with the best in Europe. Will be following with great interest. Should say tho that twat Boris Johnson could Fuck this up big time

There are a couple of problems I see in bidding so early:

1. CPO will need some time to get convinced.

2. The city may not let us build a stadium there.

We need to sort both out or we'll end up either as Battersea F.C. or a club that owns a power station.

It's blatantly obvious that no one really wants to leave the bridge and when it happens it will be a sad day but it is only a matter of time in truth. Think the club proved that the issues and costs surrounding the extension of the bridge were too much, not really sure what f&h are doing saying they think we can still do it. Battersea looks a super prospect and would give us the stadium needed to compete with the best in Europe. Will be following with great interest

Fulham and hammersmith don't want to lose our business rates, that is all they care about, end of the day they are only make the noises that there is a way to expand to slow down any move by throwing doubt into the uneducated minds (by that I mean people who haven't researched the problems with potential expansion), they know as well as the club knows that the bridge can't be expanded but at the end of the day they are set to lose out if we move so will put up a fight if only to draw the process out.

FFS, LBHF are toying with the CPO now. They're trying to purposely enrage and delay this process, trying to hold the club (indirectly) to ransom.

LBHF urged CPO to challenge CFC's findings by engaging experts in the fields of planning, transport, health and safety.

FFS, LBHF are toying with the CPO now. They're trying to purposely enrage and delay this process, trying to hold the club (indirectly) to ransom.

Muggy cunts surely if LBHF want us to stay so badly then they could provide the cpo with the information on safe egress in case of fires which I believe is one of the main obstacles, there are 45m reasons why they want us to stay and not one of them is because its in the fans/future fans best interests, hence the insinuation the club should be charging more per ticket.

Well then, that's all done.

Battersea it is. Sigh.

Succeeding in the bid and securing the plans for the underground extension was always going to be a bigger ask than the CPO. I'm afraid misinformation (darned wikipedia articles) made the issue bigger than it ever was.

Muggy cunts surely if LBHF want us to stay so badly then they could provide the cpo with the information on safe egress in case of fires which I believe is one of the main obstacles, there are 45m reasons why they want us to stay and not one of them is because its in the fans/future fans best interests, hence the insinuation the club should be charging more per ticket.

asking for the club to consider charging fans more per ticket had me enraged. Shows how typically the sort of people who run council's are deeply out of touch with normal people. In fairness tho I'm not sure how seriously the cpo are taking this. CFC'S recent dossier was pretty detailed and seemed ,to the layman such as myself at least, to be very transparent.