Stamford Bridge Thread

I never said that. What I meant was:

Fuck modernization. We are Chelsea Football Club and we would not exist as an entity without Stamford Bridge. And we won't in the future. The CPO will invariably vote 'no' and we'll end up being the Battersea Football Club.

The same can be said about other clubs as well.

Giants and Jets moving to a new stadium.

Mets new Shitty Field.

Nets moving to Brooklyn, Holla!!

Again delusional fools like you think that Chelsea is a wonder club, that is better then any club and should not move because of "HISTORY"

The same can be said about other clubs as well.

Giants and Jets moving to a new stadium.

Mets new Shitty Field.

Nets moving to Brooklyn, Holla!!

Again delusional fools like you think that Chelsea is a wonder club, that is better then any club and should not move because of "HISTORY"

we were founded as a club to fill Stamford Bridge, not the other way round.

we were founded as a club to fill Stamford Bridge, not the other way round.

So the hell what?

Chelsea needs to grow. Other clubs done that as well.

If Chelsea don't do that, then some of the fans are as worse as Liverpool fans who think they are all that, and better then any club for their "History" :wank2:

It is somewhat ironic that sections of fans are against modernization, yet we are amongst the most modern clubs in world football.

Having said that, this 'initial' stage will be followed by acceptance, the move is inevitable.. embrace it.

I agree, in time people will accept it, if we want to move forward as a club, we will need a new stadium.

Also, i wanted to bring up our earlier discussion, as i said the two sets of Chimneys wont be either side of the pitch, and i think TIWATZ confirmed this, it's only going to be a backdrop, so maybe behind one side.

“Working with architects and planning experts, we have developed a plan to preserve all the significant aspects of Battersea Power Station. The four iconic chimneys and wash towers along with the Grade Two listed west turbine hall and control room will be restored and retained in their original locations and provide a unique architectural backdrop to a world-class stadium.”

It is somewhat ironic that sections of fans are against modernization, yet we are amongst the most modern clubs in world football.

Having said that, this 'initial' stage will be followed by acceptance, the move is inevitable.. embrace it.

Im not against it I just think that justin is being very disrespectful because he is in essence saying that we should just tear Stamford Bridge up as soon as possible and show no respect for our past

have to admit, the sketches of stadium inside the station look much better. If it were a backdrop, then one side of the stadium would look empty, while the other looks intimidating. I like the idea of using the chimneys as corner flags :P

If we do get it, then how about a name with "station" in it? Chelsea Station, Station Bridge or smth..

Wow our new ground could be called Battersea Power Station... lol. Nah we'd rename it anyway like newcastle have done. We've kept stamford bridge because it's legendary and it's home. Any other name for the new place wouldn't matter so that's when we go for the 'Samsung Arena'

It would only be deemed successful if this mean ticket prices fall and we can fill the bloody thing. No point in having a massive 15,000 seat tier if the majority of those seats are empty. Of course initially it won't matter since everyone will spend whatever to be there first time, but after it will become a problem. Look at the Emirates, their ticket prices are extortionate and have an awful atmosphere because of it.

It would only be deemed successful if this mean ticket prices fall and we can fill the bloody thing. No point in having a massive 15,000 seat tier if the majority of those seats are empty. Of course initially it won't matter since everyone will spend whatever to be there first time, but after it will become a problem. Look at the Emirates, their ticket prices are extortionate and have an awful atmosphere because of it.

Yeah exactly hopfully it would bring them down to a normal price but never know with this club.If so much money can be made and they do manage to fill it charging those prices...but cant imagin they would seeing we do sometimes struggle to fill the Bridge.Espically for lower in the table teams where the tickets are still high in price

Yeah although they start a lot cheaper in their catogory B then ours their most expensive is crazy...

Why we can't Stay with " Stampord Bridge"?

are you referring to the lunatic fan who used to call it stampord or do you truly think it's called stampord bridge? :D anyway, there are naming right issues.. the stadium's name doesn't belong to Chelsea FC afaik.