Stamford Bridge Thread

Why are the LBHF so opposed to the club's proposal of moving elsewhere? Is it simply because of the $ they'll lose?

How much power do they have?

Yeah they'll lose hundreds of thousands of pounds.

As far as I'm aware they have absolutely no say what so ever and there only way of keeping us there is to prove to the CPO that we can build a stadium or expand on site whilst not having silly financial implications.

Why are the LBHF so opposed to the club's proposal of moving elsewhere? Is it simply because of the $ they'll lose?

How much power do they have?

No power.

Well, the "power" they do have is toying with the CPO -_-

What's up with the council? If they insist there's a way to expand Stamford Bridge, why can't they make the details public?

I think they're on the wind up, trying to keep us in their jurisdiction to earn some cash. But that gives the club a position of power, we can threaten to pull out if they don't lay down and accept what we want in terms of rebuilding/expanding Stamford Vridge.

Yeah they'll lose hundreds of thousands of pounds.

As far as I'm aware they have absolutely no say what so ever and there only way of keeping us there is to prove to the CPO that we can build a stadium or expand on site whilst not having silly financial implications.

In the cpo statement it says its actually some 15 million that the council them selves make out of the club whilst the businesses in the local area (there constituents) make approx 30m in revenue off the back of the club, those are the only two reasons why they care about us moving, notice how they only cheep up when the club started the wheels moving on a potential move, nowt out of them for years before the egm last year.

The real CFC died the day he bought us. But your right its sad to think of CFC leaving the brigde, but has to be if we want top players,

and be ready to compete with top clubs in the future.

HENRI I'VE BEEN CALLING YOU ALL DAY, WHY DO YOU NOT PICK UP!?

I still think it would be better if they built it inside the power plant itself rather than adjacent to it.

This

1222talkchelseaeiditon.png

Looks alot better, more intimidating and beautiful than this

15cer6h.jpg

The proposal is for the stadium to be built within the power station..

http://www.guardian....m?newsfeed=true

Hopefully this is true, although the article mentions 'incorporating' the power plant in the stadium...that doesn't sound good :(

I still think it would be better if they built it inside the power plant itself rather than adjacent to it.

Hopefully this is true, although the article mentions 'incorporating' the power plant in the stadium...that doesn't sound good :(

Perhaps, but it's likely that it's not possible. Have these sketches by the architect been posted?

1288577_02.jpg1288578_01.jpg

Fascinating.

Can guarantee he was paid thousands of pounds to do those 'sketches'. They're terrible!!

Apparently the club are working with KPF and Rafael Vinoly, so I wouldn't worry about the quality of people we've hired, it'll be amazing.

Perhaps, but it's likely that it's not possible. Have these sketches by the architect been posted?

1288577_02.jpg1288578_01.jpg

Fascinating.

Did they hire a drunk? I can't make anything out of those sketches.