The English Football Thread

Steve

Has anyone else ever thought:

What is the point of Norwich and Fulham? They don't do anything. Now Norwich are a stable PL club they will be just like fulham- fucking boring. Every season Fulham are exactly the same. Just finish on about 48 points somewhere in 9-11th place with a goal difference of 0. They add fuck all to the league and just bore you to death on Match of the Day. With 1 exception they never make a charge for Europe nor are in danger of relegation. They don't have any bright young youth players just a load of free agents they sign in the summer. Their fans are dull as well. They are just like digestive biscuits- the most plain and boring people you will ever meet. At least Norwich are a bit funnier but only because they are from Norfolk and have 6 fingers on each hand and dance to that stupid goal music whenever they score.

Get rid of those 2 teams and have an 18 team league.

Also, only relegate two teams and make 2nd-5th fight on Championship play-offs.

We are in need of a winter break or something. However, since boxing day is so cool and traditional, more space in the season schedulle throughout the year would be extremely good!

P.S: What is is Match of the Day everyone talks about? :P

• Replies 65k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Mostly there. Top clubs are getting away with murder. Manure comes to my mind, the most.

Shitty Arsens should not been awarded the penalty. These 3 points might go a long way, mark my words.

What About Barca?Juve? Dortmund-Malaga? and many other examples...
And i think that it was a penalty...

Has anyone else ever thought:

What is the point of Norwich and Fulham? They don't do anything. Now Norwich are a stable PL club they will be just like fulham- fucking boring. Every season Fulham are exactly the same. Just finish on about 48 points somewhere in 9-11th place with a goal difference of 0. They add fuck all to the league and just bore you to death on Match of the Day. With 1 exception they never make a charge for Europe nor are in danger of relegation. They don't have any bright young youth players just a load of free agents they sign in the summer. Their fans are dull as well. They are just like digestive biscuits- the most plain and boring people you will ever meet. At least Norwich are a bit funnier but only because they are from Norfolk and have 6 fingers on each hand and dance to that stupid goal music whenever they score.

Get rid of those 2 teams and have an 18 team league.

Yer but at least Fulham have something to offer in a traditional, historic stadium. And Norwich have decent fans. Reading, Southampton and Wigan are all in generic modern stadiums with poor fans. If we could get rid of Reading, Southampton, Wigan, QPR and one more and replace them with: Millwall, Cardiff, Leeds, Rangers and Celtic then we really would have a tasty league.

Haha! You talk about boring teams and leave out Stoke. That's criminal. They are easily the most boring and irritating team in the league. My love for football dips whenever i see stoke play football especially against a top team.

yeah I suppose Stoke could enter that bracket as well with Sunderland and West Brom at a push. Just dull. Stoke were funny in their first season with their rugby tactics but now everyone has realised that their players are twats, their fans on the whole are idiots and Tony Pulis is a grade A bellend. They sign has-beens such as Pennant, Crouch and Owen and expect to get somewhere with them.

West Brom used to just go between divisions but now have some stability which makes them boring too. We only sort of like them because they have Lukaku and Clarke. They are the sort of team that call consistency 3 games without a loss and make our lives boring by continually getting us excited about beating a team near us then fucking it up. They all talk funny and all their fans live in Bungalows in Dudley too.

Now for Sunderland. Again used to be useless but they were funny back then because they had Mick McCarthy and his bent nose for a manager. They were just the shit version of Newcastle. Anything above 13th is a success for them. Now they have Sessegnon who is their only good player and a few average players like Johnson and Graham and a nutter for a manager. The rest are bollocks. At least they don't have the one thing we hate: consistency this season so they are slightly more entertaining. Still, its cold and grim up there and their fans work down the mines so the grim dull nature of Sunderland Association Football Club perfectly reflects the grim, dull nature of life for the town's inhabitants.

EDIT: anyone reading this from another forum should note that this is just a joke ;)

Yer but at least Fulham have something to offer in a traditional, historic stadium. And Norwich have decent fans. Reading, Southampton and Wigan are all in generic modern stadiums with poor fans. If we could get rid of Reading, Southampton, Wigan, QPR and one more and replace them with: Millwall, Cardiff, Leeds, Rangers and Celtic then we really would have a tasty league.

failing Rangers and Celtic it would be nice to see some of the 'proper' teams from the championship back like Nottingham Forest, Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich, Leicester, Derby and even L*eds would make things a bit more interesting. Proper fans and proper stadiums to replace like you said Southampton, Reading, Wigan and QPR

Is there a luckier team on this planet than Arse?

The insanely easy end of season run-in and all these comebacks and decisions?

This Arsenal team is absolutely SHIT and they very well may finish above us. It's essentially like we're being punished for doing well in other competitions. We have this murderous run of games where we play every 3 or so days whilst Arse have what should be a cake walk in comparison. Infuriating really.

Makes that 10 point or whatever it was lead we had on them all the more depressing to think about.

And now Everton are right back in it as well. I'm not as terrified as some others about missing Top 4, though. I believe we can easily weather 1 year out if the CL and still attract top players.

Also, only relegate two teams and make 2nd-5th fight on Championship play-offs.

We are in need of a winter break or something. However, since boxing day is so cool and traditional, more space in the season schedulle throughout the season would be extremely good!

P.S: What is is Match of the Day everyone talks about? :P

Its difficult because football in the winter is when a lot of fans consider it to be best when it gets dark at games and is cold and nasty (really some fans prefer it this way) and it is part of English football culture. I'd have a 1 week break straight after Autumn internationals if we were going to have one.

Boxing day games are just a pain in the arse because there isn't any public transport

Match of the Day is the highlights programme in England showing Premier League highlights on Saturday night. It has big ears from the Walkers adverts hosting it and Mark Lawrenson (who looks like a suicidal badger) and Alan Shearer (who now bears a passing resemblance to a jacket potato in a shirt) or Alan Hansen (just a deluded scotsman who thinks Liverpool will actually win something) giving their stupid and unwanted insight and opinions on games

Its difficult because football in the winter is when a lot of fans consider it to be best when it gets dark at games and is cold and nasty (really some fans prefer it this way) and it is part of English football culture. I'd have a 1 week break straight after Autumn internationals if we were going to have one.

Boxing day games are just a pain in the arse because there isn't any public transport

Match of the Day is the highlights programme in England showing Premier League highlights on Saturday night. It has big ears from the Walkers adverts hosting it and Mark Lawrenson (who looks like a suicidal badger) and Alan Shearer (who now bears a passing resemblance to a jacket potato in a shirt) or Alan Hansen (just a deluded scotsman who thinks Liverpool will actually win something) giving their stupid and unwanted insight and opinions on games

I dont care when there is a break, but 4 less games during a season could be very helpful. I know people like the winter weeks, that is why I suggested we have breaks throughout the who season and not like Bundesliga (where they get almost a full month of winter break).

P.S: Thank you for explaining how things are in England once again! :)