The English Football Thread

Steve

What do you mean OF?

The FA Cup SF between Millwall and Wigan. Absolutely disgraceful crowd. I doubt there are 50k at the stadium!

Wigan fans are an endangered species you know. Experts think only a few hundred are left in the wild. Millwall are just gypsies from caravans who are probably saving themselves for a fight after the game with the 6 Wigan fans who have actually bothered to show up

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

I am confused on whether people here overly pessimistic or i am being overly optimistic and borderline idiot in thinking that we should finish in top and may well finish 3rd. First of all, Norwich had not won their last 7 away matches(correct me if i am wrong) and nobody should have expected them to beat or hold Arsenal. An Arsenal win was on the cards, just because Norwich stretched it doesn't mean we start getting depressed. On the other hand, Arsenal have played some low level teams for the past weeks or so and they have been stretched by most of them and hence i am quite confident that a team like Everton who they play next will provide a pretty good stern test for them and they might fold. After that,they travel to Fulham which being a london derby will provide a bit more impetus to the home team and Fulham are pretty tough to break at home, next match is against Utd and they will have the motivation of winning the league against a top 4 team and a long rival(Not recent,though).

Now coming to Chelsea, if we beat City tomorrow, i am pretty sure that will give us confidence to then beat most of the teams that we will face. We have Fulham away which can be tricky but i expect to win that match. Man Utd too doesn't concern me that much as people make it out to be!(Optimism again? :P)

Swansea at home should be easy and we play Everton in the last match and i am sure the scenario would be very clear by then which will make the game not that important for both Chelsea and Everton as well. We just need to beat Spuds which i fully expect to do. Our team is not that bad as people think. Even Rafa has been making some sensible decisions of late and that's a good sign too. Moreover , our players know what's at stake and they will have to give thier best to get the desired results. If that happens, i am pretty sure we can beat most of the teams and finish in the top 4 and win a trophy(or 2) as well.

Hence i don't think we have tough fixtures and Arsenal and Spuds have it easy. All the three team will have to be on their toes all the time and slip by anyone will prove to be decisive. Chelsea have a 2 point lead which can give us some breathing space of one if Arsenal/ Spuds do slip up which i fully expect to happen looking at their next fixtures.

20 or so #milwall fans fighting now, many Millwall supporters booing them. Police, stewards nowhere to be seen

Properly kicking off here. A good 30 people going toe to toe. No sign of any police/stewards at all.

Police have gone in and now being attacked. Helmet pulled off and thrown etc etc. Batons out.

Very sad pictures of a young girl in tears as the fighting broke out in the #millwall end. That picture will go round the world.

TV cameras now showing a Millwall fan with a policeman's helmet hidden beneath his jacket.