• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I can't even bring myself to laugh at them after yesterday's abomination. :(

Part of me is chuckling at this and the other part of me is like "calm the fuck down because we play them in 2 weeks' time and imagine if we don't even beat them!"...

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Nope. Arsenal have Southampton, Everton and Man City (League Cup) before facing us. 

I thought it was isolated to the specific tournaments these days cause didn't Jorgi play in the cup last season(vs Liverpool) while in the middle of a suspension?

Actually, what's up with them? They looked like safe top 8-10 team this year, overhyped by some due to history, but still.

Last year they had trouble with magicans like Mustafi, but I'm not buying that they regressed due to Luiz & Willian. Not registering their highest paid players in league looks like poor board management. Despite shameful results, I'm yet to hear someone yelling Artreta Out, when everyone is into sacking Ole, so what is it? Lack of individual talent in whole 20-men squad? Poor board with unexperienced yet liked manager?

20 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I thought it was isolated to the specific tournaments these days cause didn't Jorgi play in the cup last season(vs Liverpool) while in the middle of a suspension?

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/premier-league-suspensions-how-do-bookings-red-card-bans-work-in-/1e6awd5os0a031pri0kcq3eu0c

Unless it got changed for 2020/21, suspension from straight red card applies to all domestic competitions.

And Jorginho's suspension - caused by accumulation of 10 bookings - applied only in the league, which forced him to sit out of the games against Everton and Villa. 

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1372099/Granit-Xhaka-red-card-Arsenal-news-Mikel-Arteta-Burnley

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-granit-xhaka-red-card-793641

Above two articles also mentioned Xhaka will miss Arsenal's next 3 domestic games, including the Man City game in the League Cup. So, he will be back for our game...