The English Football Thread

Steve

28 minutes ago, Tomo said:

LMAO...the nerve of these cunts is unheard of. We will let it slide just this time but ony cuz your state atm is such a shitshow.

On another note ESPN has confirmed not 1 VAR decision has gone Chelsea's way this season.. And then you look at the likes of united and the shit is clear as day.

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

David Squires on … Being James Milner

Our cartoonist takes us on a journey through the new training ground door into the mind of Liverpool’s underrated utility man

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2020/nov/24/david-squires-on-being-james-milner-liverpool-training-ground-door

be9f6d54b7f2ba694c691c96ff7b5880.jpgabf493620f76f1e177b8e03ec9775957.jpgc027d01c4d8031fde74a77960048a13d.jpg1332902b281d763482b6c578736ab32b.jpg

27 minutes ago, Vesper said:

David Squires on … Being James Milner

Our cartoonist takes us on a journey through the new training ground door into the mind of Liverpool’s underrated utility man

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2020/nov/24/david-squires-on-being-james-milner-liverpool-training-ground-door

be9f6d54b7f2ba694c691c96ff7b5880.jpgabf493620f76f1e177b8e03ec9775957.jpgc027d01c4d8031fde74a77960048a13d.jpg1332902b281d763482b6c578736ab32b.jpg

:D

22 minutes ago, Milan said:

So London and Liverpool clubs can welcome back 2,000 fans, Manchester clubs and some others none.

In other words, fans back at the Bridge!

Nahh still nothing imo. 2000 is nothing and they will be spread out, not much difference in atmosphere.

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

Nahh still nothing imo. 2000 is nothing and they will be spread out, not much difference in atmosphere.

I think you'll be surprised, the atmosphere for our friendly at Brighton (with 2.5k) was pretty good all be it in a smaller stadium and it will be the hardcore ST holders going i imagine largely from MHL (if the whole of SB was like the MHL we'd have the best atmosphere in country in my opinion) so they'll all be chanting and cheering, not to mention it will be a novelty going back to games. Our youth cup games with smaller crowds has a good ish atmosphere too.

Ofcourse it's no substitute for a full crowd but it's something and i wouldn't underestimate the boost it will give the players (James Maddison came out and said fans not being there is driving him crazy and i bet he's far from the only one), shame it won't come in time for Sunday.

49 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I think you'll be surprised, the atmosphere for our friendly at Brighton (with 2.5k) was pretty good all be it in a smaller stadium and it will be the hardcore ST holders going i imagine largely from MHL (if the whole of SB was like the MHL we'd have the best atmosphere in country in my opinion) so they'll all be chanting and cheering, not to mention it will be a novelty going back to games. Our youth cup games with smaller crowds has a good ish atmosphere too.

Ofcourse it's no substitute for a full crowd but it's something and i wouldn't underestimate the boost it will give the players (James Maddison came out and said fans not being there is driving him crazy and i bet he's far fromthe only one), shame it won't come in time for Sunday.

Yeah it cant be super nice with no crowd for the players, but yes it will give some effect but man I so miss the atmosphere we used to have. Footy with no crowd is dog shit imo.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Ofcourse it's no substitute for a full crowd but it's something and i wouldn't underestimate the boost it will give the players (James Maddison came out and said fans not being there is driving him crazy and i bet he's far from the only one), shame it won't come in time for Sunday.

Not only a novelty but consinder all the things happening around Chelsea. New and super exciting players, healthy position in the League and CL, pretty good football and of course Lampard on the bench. It should be a great atmosphere.

And I am honestly happy especially for the new players. They will finally have the genuine feeling that they belong here, they are part of us.