• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Just now, communicate said:

I am not sure we are in the running for pep. I thought a while ago, he either will go to arsenal or city. Our team is not technical enough for pep 

There was the rumour that if he were to take charge he wanted to replace half of our squad. Says it all if true.

Man City are the best team this country have ever seen at the Christmas period. By far. By far.This is not just scary this season but in the seasons to come. They haven't even had the need for Mendy this season who would have been a terror down the left flank. 

Yeah but at the same time the board have fully backed Guardiola without scrimping a penny. 

Exactly. Had a better squad at Bayern & still demanded more. Only PSG or City could have satisfied him.

Man City are the best team this country have ever seen at the Christmas period. By far. By far.This is not just scary this season but in the seasons to come. They haven't even had the need for Mendy this season who would have been a terror down the left flank. 

They aren't exactly playing against the best that this country has had to offer over the years. Burnley have a legitimate case for top 4 right now.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:
10 minutes ago, Special Juan said:
Yeah but at the same time the board have fully backed Guardiola without scrimping a penny. 

Exactly. Had a better squad at Bayern & still demanded more. Only PSG or City could have satisfied him.

Look at the ambition our board has shown with Conte. I doubt he's losing sleep over not coming here. 

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
10 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

True, but his Bayern team was a machine. 

Look at the ambition our board has shown with Conte. I doubt he's losing sleep over not coming here. 

Emenalo has now gone. Lets see want happens in the next two windows

True, but his Bayern team was a machine. 

In Germany. I honestly expected this side to be humbled at some point in the CL.

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

They aren't exactly playing against the best that this country has had to offer over the years. Burnley have a legitimate case for top 4 right now.

What has this country had to offer? This is the best this country has had to offer if you consider Klopp at Liverpool, Mourinho at United, Pochettino at Spurs and Conte at Chelsea. There are more teams fighting for the title with more money to go around than ever before. City are just pissing the league making it look easy. 

Unless ourselves or United go ballistic next summer and spend huge money like City do it's hard to see anyone stopping them for the next couple of years. I get the feeling that the embarrassment of seeing their Manchester rivals dominate like this will pressure United to spend like maniacs again next summer but I'm not sure we will.

We have the coach to compete with them and many of the pieces are in place. We just need about 3-4 top quality players (another attacking player, LWB, RWB, second striker) and we are on their level. That's assuming we keep hold of Hazard, of course.

1 minute ago, communicate said:

More than half. Maybe only Christensen can stay at the back. In midfield only cesc 

Nah, from our team I think only Hazard and Christensen would make his team. Maybe Kante too with Fernandinho dropping to bench, but I'm not sure about that either. Fabregas probably too slow for starting material, but would make an awesome supersub to feed their fantastic movement.

Just now, samzilla said:

While it sucks to see City doing so well, likely to break our wins and points records, at this point it's probably best they take points off the teams below us to help us consolidate a top 3rd position.  

Also goals record as well. 

What has this country had to offer? This is the best this country has had to offer if you consider Klopp at Liverpool, Mourinho at United, Pochettino at Spurs and Conte at Chelsea. There are more teams fighting for the title with more money to go around than ever before. City are just pissing the league making it look easy. 
They've outspent most, if not everyone. The league doesn't consist of Mou's first Chelsea side, The Invincibles or one of Sir Alex's sides at Utd.

Take nothing away from this City side, but we almost broke the consecutive winning run with our current squad. Let that sink in for a sec

Just now, manpe said:

Nah, from our team I think only Hazard and Christensen would make his team. Maybe Kante too with Fernandinho dropping to bench, but I'm not sure about that either. Fabregas probably too slow for starting material, but would make an awesome supersub to feed their fantastic movement.

Not Kantw for me, he won't be in pep team. He is the best ball winner in epl but his passing is not sharp enough. Cesc can play for pep maybe not as starter. Of course Hazard, Willian and Pedro. 

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

They've outspent most, if not everyone. The league doesn't consist of Mou's first Chelsea side, The Invincibles or one of Sir Alex's sides at Utd.

Take nothing away from this City side, but we almost broke the consecutive winning run with our current squad. Let that sink in for a sec

Problematic argumentation. So there are 38 games a season City will only have to play in these hypothetical matches 2 times against either one of those legendary teams. What about the remaining 36 games? 

They have 52 from a possible 54 points. Have scored the most goals in 18 games and are blowing away their (considerable amount) of rivals. The league is stronger than its ever been. Miss me with all the reminscing. This is the best team we've seen till now. Not sure how 52/54 can be argued against. 

6 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Emenalo has now gone. Lets see want happens in the next two windows

In Germany. I honestly expected this side to be humbled at some point in the CL.

Maybe but in UCL luck play a big factor. If you watched how his Bayern team lost against rm, barca and atletico you will see that his team actually played quite well. Against rm, it was two set pieces. Against Barca, they dominated but Messi happened. They actually battered atletico team, I have never seen that atletico team got destroyed like that but they scored only one and Griezmann scored from counter.