The English Football Thread

Steve

Really??

No-one would have expected them to beat an Everton side who had their tails up after beating United 3-0.. especially at Goodison Park, a venue where it's hard to get a result. Furthermore, I don't think anyone expected Swansea to go to the Emirates and get a big result.

Football is a funny game!

If you had watched the Everton game, you would know Sunderland got lucky with two deflected goals. They defended well but didn't really offer too much in attack. Even Dick Advocaat admitted as much that he went there to get a point with the way he set up.

No one expected Swansea to win at Arsenal but then again, they have been doing well all season and have a good record against them. Swansea have more about them than Sunderland to get a result.

• Replies 65.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Hey, I 'm stuck with something, can you help please ?

Is it possible for a team in England to play two league matches in two consecutive days ? One today and one the day after tomorrow ?

I swear a team in europa played Thurs then us early on the sat

I respect Claude. He speaks a lot of sense.

each rant makes me feel good. Plus he can be funny. I LMAO when he said Giroud was a first class model. also this was a very good quote, "they've won the title, fourteen points clear! Oh that's very boring innit? VERY fuckING BORING!"

Hey, I 'm stuck with something, can you help please ?

Is it possible for a team in England to play two league matches in two consecutive days ? One today and one the day after tomorrow ?

If you include boxing days, yes there was.

Claude is always so angry and miserable, guess he's just very passionate, though i do think he plays up to the cameras a tad.

wont you be angry when your manager keeps on buying AM after AM when what they really need is a DM (for the last 8 or 9 years i think). arsenal have been a different team with coquelin. think what they would be with a matic or even with a william carvalho/kondogbia.

I think it's a bloody cheek for Arsenal fans to call us boring. Because they happily sing "One-Nil" to the Arsenal, which is a chant that refers to a period in Arsenal's history where they bored their way to several 1-0 wins.

Everyone knows that Arsenal fans have been singing “One-Nil to the Arsenal” since George Graham made the scoreline popular when he tried to bore us to death in the latter part of his tenure as Arsenal boss. And we've sung it ever since, mostly ironically for a few years, but more recently sometimes actually in celebration of being ahead against Sunderland or someone similar.
I also learned the other day that we apparently hold the record for the most one nil wins in a Premier League season. But what seems to have been forgotten, is the fact they are only two behind us. As they won NINE matches by the scoreline of one nil, when the won the title in the 1997-98 season.