• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Nedved is a completely different type of personality, though. He always was is passionate about the club and crazy about the fans. Juve was and is a family to him. Same with Del Piero who was even treated badly at the end by the board and management, but he still went to Australia instead of Liverpool because he did not want to offend Juve fans over the Heysel disaster, and that was way back in 86!

Am I really the only one who is not surprised by this? I'm obviously upset that he lied and came up with this silly ploy to join City, but I wouldn't consider him joining City something out of character for him. If a year ago you would have told me that he would what he did, I would not have been the slightest bit surprised. Frank has always first and foremost looked out for Frank.

Nedved didn't seem to have a problem joining Juventus from Lazio, the team he had been playing for quite a while and probably Juve's top rivals for the Serie A title at the time. Also quite easy for him to say those things to suck up to the fans, I doubt he'd been offered the ridiculous contract, that was given to Frank by the City Football Group.

I'm not saying all of above to insult Nedved, not in the slightest. He was a fantastic player and one of the best playmakers I've seen in the Serie A, but those kind of statements by the footballers are cringeworthy. The football clubs are looking after their best interests and so are the players.

Nedved didn't seem to have a problem joining Juventus from Lazio, the team he had been playing for quite a while and probably Juve's top rivals for the Serie A title at the time. Also quite easy for him to say those things to suck up to the fans, I doubt he'd been offered the ridiculous contract, that was given to Frank by the City Football Group.

I'm not saying all of above to insult Nedved, not in the slightest. He was a fantastic player and one of the best playmakers I've seen in the Serie A, but those kind of statements by the footballers are cringeworthy. The football clubs are looking after their best interests and so are the players.

You're comparing 4 seasons Nedved had at Lazio to the 13 Frank played with us?!

Nedved at Lazio was no where near the legend and cult hero like he was at Juve and certainly not like Frank was here. The mere comparison is ridiculous.

And if you know anything about the relation of Nedved with Juve and the fans you'll certainly know that he does not need to make up stories to "suck up to the fans" because he already is a god to every Juve fan. The statement, btw, was in his autobiography and not some random thing he said to the media.

And the final sentence is obviously not true. There have been A LOT of players who move countries or even retire entirely to preserve their status with the fans. Nedved and Del Pierro are just two examples. Carragher, Scholes, Ashley Cole and Didier recently for us...etc.

Last season many on here were routinely giving Frank stick. Complaining about how slow he is, how he always miss-times his tackles, that the money the club is using to pay him would be better served on a younger player. People were constantly saying how we need to "put sentimentality aside and hand over the reigns to the younger generation"and that Frank's time is over. There's nothing wrong with these comments but it never ceases to amaze me how some fans demand loyalty from players when they themselves show none and on top of that the same people who were ready to cast Frank aside for someone younger are the same people who now have the temerity to call him selfish. I'm I missing something?

In football, all parties are motivated by their own self interests - the clubs, the players, and yes even the fans. So don't give me that nonsense about loyalty. Where was your own loyalty to the player? Fans have such a false sense of entitlement and they hold players to ridiculous rules that are so devoid of reality. It's really quite laughable.

Barkley looking like the promise he is... football glued at his feet even at speed.

Harry Kane also another one to keep an eye on.

Was just wondering how much better Arsenal would've been had they signed Victor Wanyama; wenger used to value this type of player, like Viera, Gilberto Silva. He's lost it.