The English Football Thread

Steve

Jan 10: Everton (A)

Jan 18: Arsenal (H)

Jan 31: Chelsea (A)

Feb 11: Stoke (A)

That's the period where they're going to lose some points. So if we maintain the lead until new year, i think we are champions

At least one week of rest between those games for them, we play Southampton and Spurs away in 4 days.

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Please I want the source. If this is true, then there should be NO reason to support this guy anymore. NONE.

Screw anyone who still finds a silly reason. This is Chelsea FC, not Lampard FC.

If this is true, he is no better than Van Persie, in fact he could be worse than RVP as Lampard was a Chelsea legend!!!

Edit: crap, he's banned. Don't know where he got this from.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/542031/Manchester-City-Chelsea-Frank-Lampard-Pellegrini-contract-football

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2855029/Frank-Lampard-cools-talk-Manchester-City-future-admits-nice-hear-wanted-Manuel-Pellegrini.html

As a Chelsea fan i have grown to hate ManCity. So it saddens me to see that Lampard can so easily integrate himself into that pathetic plastic club. I have always looked up to him due to his professionalism, performances and also his loyalty, but now you can't really uphold the last claim. Nonetheless he remains a legend because of the goals he scored and the titles he's won. But for him, personal success is obviously more important than Chelsea's.

At 36 he has the best goals per minute ratio in English football and is still miles ahead of little Steve G. Shame this is all worth nothing just because he switched to the wrong shade of blue just for a 100k extra. Some call him traior or Judas, but in short he turned out a disappointment. Not as a player, but as a person. If that impedes his legend status I don't know. How do you evaluate a character and turn this into a legend's ranking without knowing wha thas actually been there behind the scenes.

When we win the title, and I am sure we will, no matter what non-stories daily mail will publish, the 211 goal, leading us to the CL, EL and league titles will remain, nothing more.

When we win the title, and I am sure we will, no matter what non-stories daily mail will publish, the 211 goal, leading us to the CL, EL and league titles will remain, nothing more.

I'd say what would remain is those papers backtracking on what they discussed regarding us not offering him a contract etc. Hopefully they will say we've demonstrated that the squad has evolved and continues to do so from the 'old guard'

A genuine question - how will the fans, disgusted by the current Frank Lampard situation, react when he comes back to the club, which we know he will eventually? How will they or you welcome him back?

Depends on many factors:

- will he extend his contract till the end of the season?

-if yes, will he play against us in january?

-will he score again or make a good impact?

-will he continue to score and be important for them in other matches?

-will city play against us in facup or cl?

-Will he make an impact in those games?

Most important:

-Are we going to win the title in the end?

If yes, it won't hurt that much.

-If not and we lost it by 1-2 points, I think I won't be able to help myself to think about that equalizer at Etihad or even more impact if he extended.

-same goes for other trophies. if City knocks us out of the CL/facup, where Frank plays and makes an impact, it will hurt even more.

A genuine question - how will the fans, disgusted by the current Frank Lampard situation, react when he comes back to the club, which we know he will eventually? How will they or you welcome him back?

I can't see him getting booed at the return game.or in future.be very surprised

We loose the title by 2 points can hardly put it down to one game as drawn a few others.title loss be down to us not what they/he does especially after having a gap

Not his fault if we loose that gap

While he's at City, fuck him. I hate him as much as Kompany, Aguero, Hart, and Zabaleta.

Okay maybe not as much as Zabaleta. I love him for what he did, but for now he is the enemy. When he leaves them I will love him again. Until then, nothing.

Frank Lampard wants to stay at Manchester City for the rest of the season to fight Jose Mourinho's Chelsea for Premier League title

WTF!?

It hurts, but they would be fools to let him go when they own him(de facto NYC). I wouldn't be shocked if they loaned him to themselves for one more season after this. He still has it in him to be a bench player at this level as he has shown.