• Replies 65.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

The real reason players get yellow cards for taking their shirts off during celebrations, is because of the corporate sponsors on the shirt itself.

I've always thought that was at least one of the reasons

Seems there's controversy brewing over the Manchester United IPO. The Glazers are up to some shady dealings, no surprise.

The more I think about it the more I see the Glazers as a unintended force for parity. Manchester United have been do dominant they need bad owners like the Glazers to restrain them.

They are (as they love to crow) the biggest football brand in the world, top 1 or 2 profitable, 10% of the Earth's population are their fans blah blah blah. So why aren't they wrecking havoc in the transfer market, buying everyone in sight? The Glazers.

He will join though the clincher being a caravan with a bed, and a dvd boxset of Fat Gypsy Weddings.

Whilst Torres is an FA Cup winner, European Champion with both club and country and golden boot winner I wonder if the dippers still reckon they got a better deal ???

Forbes' article on ManUre's IPO revisions http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2012/07/31/manchester-united-ipo-revised-to-make-glazer-family-wealthier/

In an email to Forbes, Duncan Drasdo, the chief executive of Manchester United Supporters Trust wrote: “In the original filing it was made absolutely clear that ALL of the proceeds of the IPO would go to paying down debt the Glazers have loaded onto Manchester United. The revised filing reveals they now plan to take HALF OF THE IPO PROCEEDS FOR THEMSELVES. Furthermore the amount raised to pay down debt will be relatively insignificant (£75m) leaving £350m of their debt still on our club. There is now no doubt that this IPO is bad for Manchester United supporters, Manchester United Football Club and any investors gullible enough to pay the inflated price they’ve attached to inferior shares which have just 1/10 of the voting rights of the Glazers shares and no dividends. Their bare faced cheek is almost unbelievable.”

Mmm don't you just love the smell of American-brand Coporatism :clap:

We're all Manchester United followers apparently.

http://espn.go.com/s...-michael-bertin

Verbatim from the prospectus: "We and Kantar Media included in the definition of 'follower' a respondent who either watched live Manchester United matches, followed highlights coverage or read or talked about Manchester United regularly."

If you've seen a read, talked about, watched a MU game you're a follower by their definition. And a lot of the media equate the word "follower" with "fan". That's where they got that "659 million fans" from.

in for one fuking hell of a season. 7 competitons!

as for the EPL

it will most likely be the media jackin off to manchester clubs fighting for top two spots. then us arsenal totenham newcastle all fighting for 3 & 4 place. of course we should be in 3rd come the season so really its whose gona take 4th place.......... i think arsenal.

side note: isnt it annoyin how Man u and Man city crash out of UCL and all the papers read "english football is dead" "england no longer the supremo", then we win and its like "yay good job, oh man u signed kagawa!" soo disrespectful!

http://espn.go.com/s...irt-sponsorship

So mad about the United-Chevrolet deal.

So the company gets bailout money from the American government and then they spend part of that on a MU sponsorship.

Also the guy who negotiated that deal for Chevrolet was fired prob because the deal was so ridiculous. Bunch of clowns running Chevrolet.

FFP is a joke, you can get rid of the future Paris St Germains, Chelseas and Manchester Cities, that's one side of the coin, the other side is the established brands (because they're not clubs anymore they're brands) like Barca, Real Madrid and Manchester United going on a financial arms race to see who can make the most money no matter how ridiculous. IPO's, giant island theme parks in United Arab Emirates, etc.

The difference with us and City, might not be the fire power, it's the fact they have Yaya Toure, and we have fuck all who can play deep.

Anyone who expects Lampard to play deep for the rest of his career is an idiot, one of the rarest midfielders you get who play as forwards in there own way, is going to all of a sudden play as a DM?, because of last season he played deep for 4 months, no this is a new system this is a new Chelsea. Lampard wants to be a part of it but not as the engine, he was just holding out just like the rest of the squad.

And don't get me started on John I'm fucking shit Mikel, and Essien just isn't good enough, sell him, plus he's on 100 grand wages!.

I doubt we could get a Yaya Toure, but we can still get really good players.