• Replies 65.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

No he doesn't. So he had cancer, that isn't an excuse to destroy a sport.

Because he didn't make the sport more popular and the Livestrong foundation certainly doesn't help people with cancer. You say you judge footballesr on their personalities and actions off the pitch, well so what if he took drugs to enhance his performance? He has done more charitable work than you'll and most others will ever do.

Because he didn't make the sport more popular and the Livestrong foundation certainly doesn't help people with cancer. You say you judge footballesr on their personalities and actions off the pitch, well so what if he took drugs to enhance his performance? He has done more charitable work than you'll and most others will ever do.

I judge sportsmen of any kind on their attitude on and off field, not their performances/how nice they are with regards to charity. Also the money he puts into charity is quite literally blood money. He only earnt it by winning events, which he only won because he liked to inject EPO and transfuse his own blood whenever he got tired.

The cancer was just an excuse. "I had cancer, why would I dope, it could kill me".

a good little article written by a MANU fan....about club history

http://eltriumvirate.co.uk/?p=2121

Stupid article written by a blinkered fan jealous of Roman's largess towards Chelsea FC. He forgets his own club's history. It is the following

In January 1902, with debts of £2,670 – equivalent to £210,000 as of 2012[nb 1] – the club was served with awinding-up order.[14] Captain Harry Stafford found four local businessmen, including John Henry Davies (who became club president), each willing to invest £500 in return for a direct interest in running the club and who subsequently changed the name;[15] on 24 April 1902, Manchester United was officially born.[16][nb 2] UnderErnest Mangnall, who assumed managerial duties in 1903, the team finished as Second Division runners-up in 1906 and secured promotion to the First Division, which they won in 1908 – the club's first league title. The following season began with victory in the first ever Charity Shield[17] and ended with the club's first FA Cup title. Manchester United won the First Division for the second time in 1911, but at the end of the following season, Mangnall left the club to join Manchester City.[18]

Amazing how the club's fortunes changed in 6 years. From disappearing into oblivion to becoming first division winners.

Suarez blames United for racism ban

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez believes the eight-game ban he received last season was down to Manchester United's "political power".

The 25-year-old Uruguay forward was handed the suspension and a £40,000 fine in December after being found guilty of racially abusing United defender Patrice Evra in a Barclays Premier League match.

"People at Liverpool are sure that it was a way that Manchester United used to put me out of the team and stop Liverpool. In England, Manchester United's political power is strong and you must respect that and shut your mouth," he told Uruguayan television show RR.Gol.

The controversy was re-ignited in February when Suarez seemingly refused Evra's handshake as the teams conducted their traditional pre-match greeting.

Suarez claims his actions were misunderstood. He said: "In England, it was shown the moment when I passed in front of him, but they didn't see that he had his hand low before. Only the media in Uruguay and Spain showed that I wanted to shake his hand.

"Previously, I had promised my wife, the manager and the directors that I was going to shake hands with Evra. There was a chance for the teams not to shake hands like in a game between QPR and Chelsea [following the Anton Ferdinand-John Terry racism row], but I told them I was to shake hands with him.

"'Why not?', I thought, because I had no problems with him. I had been punished because of him, but I had no problems with shaking hands."

Speaking at length about the subject for the first time, Suarez reflected on a difficult period in his career.

"The trial [disciplinary hearing] was so complicated for me," he said. "I had to go to Manchester in a taxi for the trial. I got up at seven in the morning and I came home at nine at night.

"I was exhausted, I was so tired. I wanted to cry, and kick all the things around me. I came home and I wanted to do all that, but I couldn't because my daughter was at home. There were really complicated days, and then things became harder after the punishment."