• Replies 65.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Wasting money... ok so Lucas is overpriced, hazard is overpriced, yet this true legendary manager spent....

£30m on Berbatov.

£30m on Ferdinand.

£28m in Veron.

£20m on Anderson.

£19m on de Gea.

£18.5m on Carrick.

£17m on Hargreaves.

These were all paid over the odds imo and this is just some of what he has paid in the last decade. Rooney, Valencia, Nani and Van Nistelrooy were all probably worth what they paid but it's not exactly unheard of for Man Utd to spend big on players and not all to work out. I mean.... Their record transfer was 30.75m on .... BERBATOV!? Yep, SAF is a true legend.

True. Almost as bad shopping as the dippers under the fat waiter....

Wasting money... ok so Lucas is overpriced, hazard is overpriced, yet this true legendary manager spent....

£30m on Berbatov.

£30m on Ferdinand.

£28m on Veron.

£20m on Anderson.

£19m on de Gea.

£18.5m on Carrick.

£17m on Hargreaves.

These were all paid over the odds imo and this is just some of what he has paid in the last decade. Rooney, Valencia, Nani and Van Nistelrooy were all probably worth what they paid but it's not exactly unheard of for Man Utd to spend big on players and not all to work out. I mean.... Their record transfer was 30.75m on .... BERBATOV!? Yep, SAF is a true legend.

Completely different scenarios. Berbatov won the golden boot last year, plus he was already an established star before he moved; he was hardly a poor transfer, at the very worst, a bit underwhelming. Rio Ferdinand was an immensely successful transfer, he too had proven himself in England. Veron was a flop but he was a world class player when they signed him. Hargreaves was a brilliant player whenever he turned out for them, he was just a crock, that's the only reason he wasn't a good transfer. Carrick hasn't exactly been a flop, he's had his moments and he too had proven himself in England.

Anderson and De Gea were the only two transfers that were bought for potential ability, and at less than 20 million they come in a good 15 million cheaper than Lucas Moura, plus, they had proven their potential in a European league. Ferguson is right, its absolutely insane to spend that kind of money on a teenager who's never made his name in Europe. That's the difference between spending 30 million on Rooney and 35 million on Lucas Moura; Rooney had proven in England that he was a star of the future. Rooney's transfer fee was still exorbitantly high but he was the hottest property in Europe at the time.

That's the difference between spending 30 million on Rooney and 35 million on Lucas Moura; Rooney had proven in England that he was a star of the future. Rooney's transfer fee was still exorbitantly high but he was the hottest property in Europe at the time.

Based on that, it was hypocrite of him to criticize the price we paid for Hazard when he himself shelled out 30m for Rooney at the age of 19.

Based on that, it was hypocrite of him to criticize the price we paid for Hazard when he himself shelled out 30m for Rooney at the age of 19.

That was an act of saving face. He doesn't want to make the club look weak, so he'll just parade around "No value in the market" as much as he can.

That was an act of saving face. He doesn't want to make the club look weak, so he'll just parade around "No value in the market" as much as he can.

Basically the same he is doing with Moura regardless of the transfer fee PSG paid for him. Even their interest in Van Persie seem like an act to show everyone that they are still an attractive club and have lots of money to spend.

Basically the same he is doing with Moura regardless of the transfer fee PSG paid for him. Even their interest in Van Persie seem like an act to show everyone that they are still an attractive club and have lots of money to spend.

But he has a justifiable point with Moura, he didn't with Hazard.

Completely different scenarios. Berbatov won the golden boot last year, plus he was already an established star before he moved; he was hardly a poor transfer, at the very worst, a bit underwhelming. Rio Ferdinand was an immensely successful transfer, he too had proven himself in England. Veron was a flop but he was a world class player when they signed him. Hargreaves was a brilliant player whenever he turned out for them, he was just a crock, that's the only reason he wasn't a good transfer. Carrick hasn't exactly been a flop, he's had his moments and he too had proven himself in England.

Anderson and De Gea were the only two transfers that were bought for potential ability, and at less than 20 million they come in a good 15 million cheaper than Lucas Moura, plus, they had proven their potential in a European league. Ferguson is right, its absolutely insane to spend that kind of money on a teenager who's never made his name in Europe. That's the difference between spending 30 million on Rooney and 35 million on Lucas Moura; Rooney had proven in England that he was a star of the future. Rooney's transfer fee was still exorbitantly high but he was the hottest property in Europe at the time.

Berba and Rio were good players but i still think £30m for them is over the top. Carrick was never worth what Man Utd paid for him as well as Hargreaves. It's ok saying they were good players but they weren't as good as what their price suggests.

And well.... nobody can compare to Liverpool. I'd love to know the exact figure they spent since winning the UCL, to get gradually worse. Only the 08/09 campaign they had a good league season. Since then, it's been shocking.

Berba and Rio were good players but i still think £30m for them is over the top. Carrick was never worth what Man Utd paid for him as well as Hargreaves. It's ok saying they were good players but they weren't as good as what their price suggests.

And well.... nobody can compare to Liverpool. I'd love to know the exact figure they spent since winning the UCL, to get gradually worse. Only the 08/09 campaign they had a good league season. Since then, it's been shocking.

Liverpool are awful, don't even bring them into this, or every transfer in the last 5 years will look good :lol:

You really think they overpaid for Ferdinand? 30 million for a then very good centre back, at his peak he was among the best in the world, even now he's pretty important to them.

I think £30m for any young unproven defender is a risk and i always personally found him rather over rated. Without Vidic, he is clearly not the same. He always had the potential but i'm just not so sure about £30m. Maybe £24m max but it's not the worst bit of business they've done.

It's hard tgo judge tho, i mean players like Sheva, Forlan, Berbatov, seemed like good business at the time but end up being bad business (Torres) but sometimes you need to take the gamble.

I think £30m for any young unproven defender is a risk and i always personally found him rather over rated. Without Vidic, he is clearly not the same. He always had the potential but i'm just not so sure about £30m. Maybe £24m max but it's not the worst bit of business they've done.

It's hard tgo judge tho, i mean players like Sheva, Forlan, Berbatov, seemed like good business at the time but end up being bad business (Torres) but sometimes you need to take the gamble.

He wasn't unproven. He captained a CL semi finalist side, Leeds, and had 30 England caps before he transferred to United. He played every match in the 2002 World Cup and Leeds bought him for nearly 20 million- they wouldn't have made a profit if you include wages at 24 million.

Ok, Leeds paid over the odds then :P u win.

Remember him scoring an o.g for us playing for West Ham, he looked like an awkward cunt then, i still think he's the same lol.

Wow, league cup starts today. I thought the Championship started a week before the prem, they seem to have changed it. Shit games tho, i just wanna watch some football. I need top find a stream for something. Olympics is nice but i need my football fix, especially on a saturday.

Wow, league cup starts today. I thought the Championship started a week before the prem, they seem to have changed it. Shit games tho, i just wanna watch some football. I need top find a stream for something. Olympics is nice but i need my football fix, especially on a saturday.

You need football fix now?

Juve vs Napoli is on

Hannover's second goal, that backheel off a cross was awesome. Rooney dived in a friendly to get a pen lol. But, United's attack looks the bizness tbh.

Their attack will be far better this season. Width, creativity and of course Rooney to finish off the chances, damn.