• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Robin van Persie: Man Utd, Man City & Juventus make bids

Arsenal have received bids for captain Robin van Persie from Manchester City, Manchester United and Juventus.

The 28-year-old Netherlands striker will not be part of the Gunners squad that travels to Asia on Saturday for a three-match pre-season tour.

It is understood that City, United and Juve have tabled offers in the region of £15m, but Arsenal are keen to hold out for a fee of £25-30m.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18922208

Robin van Persie: Man Utd, Man City & Juventus make bids

K

Arsenal have received bids for captain Robinkk van Persie from Manchester City, Manchester United and Juventus.

The 28-year-old Netherlands striker will not be part of the Gunners squad that travels to Asia on Saturday for a three-match pre-season tour.

It is understood that City, United and Juve have tabled offers in the region of £15m, but Arsenal are keen to hold out for a fee of £25-30m.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18922208

15m is the most they could get for him imo. He's 29, on the last year of his contract, and wants to leave. I think he will, hopefully, end up at Juve.

We play Motherwell Today, then we're off to Indonesia in play in the Java Cup against Malaysia XI and then Galatasaray/Indonesia, not the best opposition but the stadium is huge (88,086 capacity). Then we come back to play Blackpool away which will be a decent game. Then Tony Hibbert's testimonial against AEK Athens at Goodison (Hibbo scores, we riot!) and then we finish off away to Malaga which will be a good test. And after that we beat Man utd 5-0 on the first game of the season.

Stupid article written by a blinkered fan jealous of Roman's largess towards Chelsea FC. He forgets his own club's history. It is the following

In January 1902, with debts of £2,670 – equivalent to £210,000 as of 2012[nb 1] – the club was served with awinding-up order.[14] Captain Harry Stafford found four local businessmen, including John Henry Davies (who became club president), each willing to invest £500 in return for a direct interest in running the club and who subsequently changed the name;[15] on 24 April 1902, Manchester United was officially born.[16][nb 2] UnderErnest Mangnall, who assumed managerial duties in 1903, the team finished as Second Division runners-up in 1906 and secured promotion to the First Division, which they won in 1908 – the club's first league title. The following season began with victory in the first ever Charity Shield[17] and ended with the club's first FA Cup title. Manchester United won the First Division for the second time in 1911, but at the end of the following season, Mangnall left the club to join Manchester City.[18]

Amazing how the club's fortunes changed in 6 years. From disappearing into oblivion to becoming first division winners.

The same applies for every single top club in the world. Huge injections of cash at some point(s) in their history made them become what they are today. 50 years from now Chelsea won't be seen as some sugar daddy club, as those clubs aren't seen like that now.

The following clubs have broken the world transfer record:

Arsenal (1928)

Napoli (1952, 1975, 1984)

Milan (1954, 1987, 1992 and 1992 again)

Juventus (1957, 1968, 1976, 1990, 1992)

Inter (1961, 1967, 1997, 1999)

Barcelona (1973, 1982)

Real Madrid (2000, 2001, 2009)

British transfer record:

Arsenal (1928, 1938, 1971, 1995)

Man United (1962, 1981, 1995, 2001, 2002)

Tottenham (1970)

Liverpool (1995, 2011)

Man City (2008)

Chelsea (2006, 2011)

We never have bought success to the same extent that the above clubs did. We've only broken the 30 million barrier twice, Real Madrid have done it an astonishing 11 times.

Apparently Tim Cahill has left Everton for New York Red Bulls. Big loss for Everton, a great player and a true club legend.

Can't blame him though. Last couple of years of his career and in a lower league he can now relax a bit and focus on making money. And let's be honest, who in their right mind wouldn't prefer living in New York to Liverpool? (no offense to our evertonian lad Shogun ;))

Just before anyone starts with a he's one of our most important players. He's not, he showed last year he's not good enough anymore. This was the right time for him to leave.

However this is the most gutted I've been from an player leaving everton, he's a modern day everton legend and I'll love him for all the memories he's given me. All the best Tim, once a blue always a blue

You lot might remember a certain overhead kick he once made.

The New York Red Bulls released the following statement today regarding midfielder Tim Cahill:

"We are aware of Everton’s statement regarding midfielder Tim Cahill and our club. However, we have no comment at this time regarding him or any other non-New York player."

I'm entirely sure who I want to be right.

Just before anyone starts with a he's one of our most important players. He's not, he showed last year he's not good enough anymore. This was the right time for him to leave.

However this is the most gutted I've been from an player leaving everton, he's a modern day everton legend and I'll love him for all the memories he's given me. All the best Tim, once a blue always a blue

He's still our best player. :(

409622_401187859940135_789055511_n.jpg

Convenient to leave Man United out.

I really liked Cahill. An Australian who worked his way up English football. joined everton from milwall if i remember correctly and i think over the years he built up a reputation by scoring decisive goals. his heading is unbelievable for his size. faded away these last 2 seasons but still it doesn't take away what he achieved

i eternally hate him for this though