The English Football Thread

Steve

Can't dismiss West Ham away as an easy fixture though. Think that one is going to be pretty tricky/tough.

True though does seem one of the nicer ones.Villa Park Jose hasn't won at and QPR are annoying lol.Saying that like you say not a easy fixture especially seeing as they're doing well at the moment..every game a cup final etc etc

• Replies 65.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

For me, in the game against City, dont exist other possibility than win. Win or win. We can lose a option to surpass them for 8 points. Because this means starting to liquidate the league and besides, we need a big cushion of points when the calendar is put even more tight. In recent dates when the results were not good, many lamented those lost points in Manchester. I hope that not return us to spend.

A draw probably not be a disaster, but yes a very, very bad result. A great opportunity lost for us.

He can still play, if Ivory Coast gets knocked out and immediately flies back for the following Saturday...

A determined player would do this...

The games at 7pm local time Wednesday 28th. So he couldn't fly back till the Thursday 29th anyway. Then the flights 10 hours, so that'd rule him out of training the Friday 30th. There is absolutely 0% chance of him playing a game on the Saturday 31st. I would bet everything I have on it.

Never mind the jet lag and fatigue, he'll have 2-3 weeks off after the 28th.

The games at 7pm local time Wednesday 28th. So he couldn't fly back till the Thursday 29th anyway. Then the flights 10 hours, so that'd rule him out of training the Friday 30th. There is absolutely 0% chance of him playing a game on the Saturday 31st. I would bet everything I have on it.

Never mind the jet lag and fatigue, he'll have 2-3 weeks off after the 28th.

Agree :)

Pretty sure some fellas will moan if we don't beat City.

tbh it depends on the performance. If City play like they did today, We should comfortably beat them with an average performance. Jose often tends not to risk a loss in big games and plays for the draw. IMO we should play for the win against City as long as Agüero has not regained his form and Toure is at the ACN. Fernando/Fernandinho/Lampard should not be a match for Fab+Matic.

Agreed B, a lot of the more level-headed fans who, when the others were shitting their pants, have said all along that City closing the gap was inevitible, have seen this coming from a long way off. Our first "half" of the season was far tougher; they've dropped points in games they should have quite easily won (Burnley, Everton, etc.), all from winning positions as well. We only really have Arsenal away as a tough, potential banana skin - games against City, Liverpool and United at home should produce a minimum at the very least of 7 points, IMO, especially if we want to win the title. City have it all to do; they won't win at Anfield (especially as that game is sandwiched between two games against Barcelona) or Old Trafford, to be sure, and they still have tough games such as Stoke and Tottenham that they have to visit.

at the start of december the "EXPERTS" looked at the fixtures and forecast City would be 1 point ahead at the end of December.

they got it almost right ,, the bookies still kept us favourites even when we were level on points .

now they have as us at 2 .9 and city as 9 ....2 .... Bookies arent idiots ... just gonna put my holiday money on City :yay:

btw I had a small bet on city winning today :clown:

tbh it depends on the performance. If City play like they did today, We should comfortably beat them with an average performance. Jose often tends not to risk a loss in big games and plays for the draw. IMO we should play for the win against City as long as Agüero has not regained his form and Toure is at the ACN. Fernando/Fernandinho/Lampard should not be a match for Fab+Matic.

Not at Stamford Bridge he doesn't, last season vs City we brought an extra striker on.

Any of you guys ever check out opposition forums? On Bluemoon they think their downfall is down to not signing the likes of Sanchez, Fabregas, Matic, James when they had the chance and instead go for Mangala, Fernando...etc looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

The way the talk as if they are the only money team in town and can magically get anyone they want because the price is reasonable LOL

I am concerned about the fact that we will play 3 match before we face City and City only 1.

That's why I thought it would be wise to combine our starters with backup or kids in these 3 games. We could say that this Liverpool matches and the FA cup are also important, but our aim is to prepare to get the best condition for our Starting XI for the City match.

at the start of december the "EXPERTS" looked at the fixtures and forecast City would be 1 point ahead at the end of December.

they got it almost right ,, the bookies still kept us favourites even when we were level on points .

now they have as us at 2 .9 and city as 9 ....2 .... Bookies arent idiots ... just gonna put my holiday money on City :yay:

btw I had a small bet on city winning today :clown:

You mean the experts like @Pizy, and such that was crying about their easy fixtures and how they will get ahead of us because of this?

I remember telling them that it didn't matter because they will have the hard fixtures later and that will help us the most.

We are starting to see that by just them playing Everton and Arsenal.

Lol, why we have to afraid, Bony, Yaya, even he could bring his brother Kolo if he want. Bring it on, we could beat them with their fullest strength.

Yes, against Arsenal yesterday, if Yaya and Bony playing, Arsenal might not that comfortable win it like yesterday. But against us at Stamford Bridge, it is really different case.