Wayne Rooney

J.F.

I have a feeling Jose has told the club to get him Rooney, in that interview when he was asked about him and he replied "Tell him to call me" there was a glint in Jose's eyes, I think this is one he wants and he will make Roman and the board know this. I don't like to get ahead of myself in terms of transfers but a lot points towards him moving on, and of course there will be a lot of clubs sniffing around, not just Chelsea but with the connections here such as Ashley, JT, Frank and Jose I would bet good money he is Chelsea bound if he leaves than anywhere else mentioned.

The versatility this bloke could offer would be just massively vital to our title and cup aspirations this season. No way would he hinder the development of the likes of Lukaku or anyone, he would be a huge influence towards the young lads and in the dressing room. You have to look at the positives because they far out way the negatives if this transfer happens. He is no longer the main man at United, Van Persie has that, and with Hernandez, Wellbeck and Henriquez it doesn't look good for him. Even when deployed behind a striker they have Kagawa, Zaha and also Wellbeck who can play off a striker, so to me, Rooney is drowning because he will not get that guarantee he wants of playing up top or even off it.

We need to pounce on this, and now is perfect, it just smells so right and if we can, it could be master-stroke by Chelsea.

Put your hatred for him and what he has done in the past aside and see it from a total football point of view and soon you will, with an open mind see exactly why signing Rooney is nothing short of a brilliant move for this football club.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you are getting carried away here. Rooney's words:

"heading back to Manchester to have it assessed fully, buy early indications are nothing to worry about"

and: "Gutted to have picked up a niggling injury, especially as training was going so well"

Some of you are getting carried away here. Rooney's words:

"heading back to Manchester to have it assessed fully, buy early indications Chelsea have nothing to worry about"

and: "Gutted to have picked up a niggling injury, especially as training was going so well ahead of meeting Jose"

Edited for truth.

Would be a great transfer. Won't repeat the reasons i have already said countless times, but if we got him and de rossi, it would be much cheaper than buying cavani and our team would be set.

Rooney starting then dropping deeper with mata and Lukaku coming on if we need a goal. Oscar Mata Rooney Hazard. Not a better supply line in the universe.

nice pic lol. But great we do not have to promote such an ugly sign like AON. SAMSUNG is a much more classy.

I do not like him as a person and I would not be concerned if he didn't come but I can't deny being thrilled at the possibility he might.

----De Rossi---Lampard--

Hazard----Mata----Schürrle

-----------Rooney------------

would freakin rock has every ageclass in it and quality in abundance.

De Rossi - Ramires

De Bruyne - Mata - Hazard

ST

would be far better imo.

I remember Mourinho explaining his tactics back when he was first in charge at Chelsea. He said the most important area in EPL is midfield and he chose to use a 4-3-3 formation (Makelele, Essien/Thiago, Lamps) just because if he wanted to reign over the league he had to to be in charge of that area of the pitch. He also said he chose to do so because back then most of the teams in the league were playing tactics based on two midfielders (4-4-2, 4-2-3-1) and if he'd use a 4-3-3- formation than his three midfielders would be in charge of that area. I think he'll do the same now because things haven't changed so much in terms of tactics since he left: Arsenal is now using a 4-2-3-1 tactic, United a 4-2-3-1/4-4-2 one, City is playing also 4-2-3-1, Spurs are playing with two midfielders and other teams in EPL are sticking to a two midfielders tactics, too.

this thread is comedy gold

in a pathetic kind of way

Is it? Or is it out of your intelligence zone to have a civil debate as to why you agree/disagree? Of course everyone has an opinion, any chance you can share yours with us instead of hiding behind short sharp digs as to why it's pathetic?

I can't understand why people do not want Rooney here Its crazy !

He would improve any team in the premiership.

Because (some think) both Uruguayans are a lot better than him. United have better in RVP, hence why they'd let Rooney (on long term contract) go to a rival. Because (some think) while Rooney has had some amazing matches, and scores great goals on occasion, he does vanish from games from time to time.

His work rate is nowhere near the aforementioned Uruguayan strikers (RVP is a different animal). And I think the reason for that is his lack of dedication--as showcased by an interview from former United fitness coach I posted a few pages back--where he states Rooney doesn't like the Gym; essentially questioning his dedication.

BTW, I do understand you (and others) don't agree, which is OK and not the point of my post. I'm just answering your question.

Because (some think) both Uruguayans are a lot better than him. United have better in RVP, hence why they'd let Rooney (on long term contract) go to a rival. Because (some think) while Rooney has had some amazing matches, and scores great goals on occasion, he does vanish from games from time to time.

His work rate is nowhere near the aforementioned Uruguayan strikers (RVP is a different animal). And I think the reason for that is his lack of dedication--as showcased by an interview from former United fitness coach I posted a few pages back--where he states Rooney doesn't like the Gym; essentially questioning his dedication.

BTW, I do understand you (and others) don't agree, which is OK and not the point of my post. I'm just answering your question.

Hey Rob - I normally agree with everything you say and I do respect your opinion - but saying Rooney doesn't give it 100% on a pitch just simply isn't true... The guy plays his heart out every game and I've never seen him go missing? If he fucks up he demands the ball back immediately and tries again - the way you describe Rooney is the way that Nasri plays :)

Hey Rob - I normally agree with everything you say and I do respect your opinion - but saying Rooney doesn't give it 100% on a pitch just simply isn't true... The guy plays his heart out every game and I've never seen him go missing? If he fucks up he demands the ball back immediately and tries again - the way you describe Rooney is the way that Nasri plays :)

"agree with everything.." how boring! :) We ought to (respectfully) disagree more.

Seriously though, here's what I was talking about: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/rooney-could-good-ronaldo-bothered-gym-093958084.html

So, I did not question his dedication on the pitch (work rate isn't the same), but his dedication in training. I don't think it's enough a professional player these days to give 100% during matches, but not practice. Honestly, suffice to look at Rooney to know that what the coach above states is true.

I reckon he'd probably improve our squad, but not sure if enough.

Also when we're losing, Rooney and De Rossi will kick someone, resulting in a 3 game ban and a 6 month layoff for the opponent. Would be exciting to see them both come, we'd be the dirtiest team since the old Leeds sides.

The dirt of Rooney and De Rossi with the class of Hazard (Who incidentaly kicks ball boys, albeit, Welsh ones so it's ok) and Mata. We'll win the league easy.

"agree with everything.." how boring! :) We ought to (respectfully) disagree more.

Seriously though, here's what I was talking about: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/rooney-could-good-ronaldo-bothered-gym-093958084.html

So, I did not question his dedication on the pitch (work rate isn't the same), but his dedication in training. I don't think it's enough a professional player these days to give 100% during matches, but not practice. Honestly, suffice to look at Rooney to know that what the coach above states is true.

I reckon he'd probably improve our squad, but not sure if enough.

Ahh figure of speech, not 100% literal ;)

Hmm - I dunno, does Messi hit the gym? Ronaldo hits the gym because he is a 'vain' player and loves to be a playboy to all those women that throw themselves at footballers....

Rooney and Messi are similar, try and avoid the limelight and love playing football... Except for Rooneys well documented indiscretions with Granny hookers early on in his career ;)

So I don't agree with that Analysis - as having a 6 pack doesn't automatically make you a better player :) if we were discussing Boxers I would agree ;)

Ronaldo relies on explosive pace, to maintain that (like a sprinter) he has to build a lot of muscle (fast twitch) - whereas Rooney and Messi are intelligent tricky players and don't need that muscle mass...

The article is poorly written in my opinion and very tenuous...

I do think Rooney can offer so much to Chelsea and I regularly sign him on FM :) - so that's almost FACT right. :) :)

Also when we're losing, Rooney and De Rossi will kick someone, resulting in a 3 game ban and a 6 month layoff for the opponent. Would be exciting to see them both come, we'd be the dirtiest team since the old Leeds sides.

The dirt of Rooney and De Rossi with the class of Hazard (Who incidentaly kicks ball boys, albeit, Welsh ones so it's ok) and Mata. We'll win the league easy.

Fuck it, lets get Joey Barton.. :Goober:

The Rooney I know would be magnificent for Chelsea, but the Rooney I believe we will get will be a huge disapointment. :(

It's definitely a gamble, but if we get him and ideally ship off Torres our strike force looks a million times better. Even when Rooney's not on form he still brings a lot to the team - and that's the biggest difference between him and Torres.

Rooney supposedly just came off a bad season but he still scored 12 goals and managed to get 10 assists in 22 PL starts despite being played all over the place.

It'd be okay if he's injured or off form as we'd have Lukaku here alongside Ba (hopefully) who would easily be able to fill the void until he gets back.

Honestly, the benefits of signing Rooney outweigh the drawbacks by far in my opinion. Still easily a world class player, even if he didn't have the best of seasons in 2012/13. Many forget that he grabbed 35 for United the season before when he was played as the number 1 striker.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You