Wayne Rooney

J.F.

I can't see this happening now that we (more or less) signed Schurrle. It was always going to be one of the two, imo.

How?Schurrle is a winger rooney is a striker,Yes both are versatile but their starting positions are completely different.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Rooney DID leave Utd, I'm pretty sure Chelsea would be the place he would want to go...He gets along well with Cole, Lampard and Terry..and he admires players like Torres (yes, him too) and Hazard..He's also a player Mourinho likes, ..I can't say anything too negative about this transfer..

How?Schurrle is a winger rooney is a striker,Yes both are versatile but their starting positions are completely different.

I don't think Rooney will be coming here to play as a striker. Had we signed him I am pretty sure he would have played in his best position, imo, which is just behind the striker. We wanted an attacking midfielder who can cover at ST and we already got one in Schurrle.

I don't think Rooney will be coming here to play as a striker. Had we signed him I am pretty sure he would have played in his best position, imo, which is just behind the striker. We wanted an attacking midfielder who can cover at ST and we already got one in Schurrle.

But there is a little problem with your plan and that is juan mata our best player whose best position is behind the striker and he outperformed rooney last year so i am very sure had we signed him he would have played as a striker.Plus schurrle can cover as a striker in an emergency situation but he is not really that useful or efficient as an out and out striker.

But there is a little problem with your plan and that is juan mata our best player whose best position is behind the striker and he outperformed rooney last year so i am very sure had we signed him he would have played as a striker.Plus schurrle can cover as a striker in an emergency situation but he is not really that useful or efficient as an out and out striker.

Mata played much of last season on the right wing. He can play and be just as effective on the right wing in 4-2-3-1 even though he can't play on the wing in a 4-3-3. We already have two strikers getting pain a combined 260k/wk, why in the world we get someone and pay him 250k/wk and put 260k on the bench?

BTW, I disagree about who is better as a central attacking midfielder between Mata and Rooney but I realize that won't be a popular opinion here.

More excited about the prospect of signing Rooney then Cavani TBH. Rooney is a proven big match player and will be exactly what we need to wrap up our 5th Premier League title. Imagine Mourinho's influence on Rooney like he had on Lampard?? Before Mourinho, Lampard was good, Jose made him great!

Mata played much of last season on the right wing. He can play and be just as effective on the right wing in 4-2-3-1 even though he can't play on the wing in a 4-3-3.

Yes he can play there and is very effective but defensively the right side will suffer.

We already have two strikers getting pain a combined 260k/wk, why in the world we get someone and pay him 250k/wk and put 260k on the bench?

Simple because he is better then them.You dont start player A over player B just because player A is earning high wages.The best player should always start and rooney is infinitely better then torres,he is also better then Ba and he is more polished then lukaku so logically we start him as a striker especially when we got mata already for the CAM position.

BTW, I disagree about who is better as a central attacking midfielder between Mata and Rooney but I realize that won't be a popular opinion here.

Ok i respect your opinion but i rate mata higher as a CAM then rooney.

More excited about the prospect of signing Rooney then Cavani TBH. Rooney is a proven big match player and will be exactly what we need to wrap up our 5th Premier League title. Imagine Mourinho's influence on Rooney like he had on Lampard?? Before Mourinho, Lampard was good, Jose made him great!

It would be a good signing for sure, but not at those wages.

They can't be higher than 175k £ / week or we would have to rise the wages of Terry too

It would be a good signing for sure, but not at those wages.

They can't be higher than 175k £ / week or we would have to rise the wages of Terry too

I don't understand why we would "have to" raise Terrys wages. As much as love Terry, He would be so lucky to get a contract extention.

Man u would be more willing to sell to Arsenal i would imagine but then i can't see rooney wanting to go there.

TBH, the things i love most about this transfer are:

He's versatile.

High work rate.

Will fit in well with the players we have.

Won't get in the way of players like Lukaku, because they are totally different. Could even play together.

Much cheaper than other alternatives.

Home grown (Home grown requirement).

I couldn't care less if he looks like shrek, or doesn't love the club. Provided he gives 100% which i am sure he would do. After all players want to be the best and win things.

1)Yes he can play there and is very effective but defensively the right side will suffer.

2)Simple because he is better then them.You dont start player A over player B just because player A is earning high wages.The best player should always start and rooney is infinitely better then torres,he is also better then Ba and he is more polished then lukaku so logically we start him as a striker especially when we got mata already for the CAM position.

3)Ok i respect your opinion but i rate mata higher as a CAM then rooney.

1) That depends entirely on the defensive system you plan on playing.

2) Of course you pick the best player but you just don't sign an incredible over paid striker when you already have one in your team because it would mean that you would paying someone ridiculous money to just sit on the bench. Instead, you try to fit them both into your team.

3) Rooney edges it for me because of his great defensive ability and immense work-rate in midfield. Mata is mostly a spectator when the ball is in our half.

I don't understand why we would "have to" raise Terrys wages. As much as love Terry, He would be so lucky to get a contract extention

Because he has a match highest earner clause. So if Rooney gets 250k then JT would have to get a 75k rise.

Is rooney actually on 250k at united though? I think first team football and being number 1 striker and mourinho would get him to come for around 200k.

1) That depends entirely on the defensive system you plan on playing.

2) Of course you pick the best player but you just don't sign an incredible over paid striker when you already have one in your team because it would mean that you would paying someone ridiculous money to just sit on the bench. Instead, you try to fit them both into your team.

3) Rooney edges it for me because of his great defensive ability and immense work-rate in midfield. Mata is mostly a spectator when the ball is in our half.

1)Yes but in this imaginary hypothesis in which we have signed rooney and you want to play him as a CAM and play mata on the right wing in a 4-2-3-1,the right side will be affected.

2)Again i'll reiterate,you play the best players and not the highest earner.Torres is beyond useless and no way i want him to be anywhere near the starting 11 next season that is ofcourse if he is not sold.He will just hold back our very talented team.

3)Yes rooney is a work horse but mata's poise and elegance and efficiency in the center is a joy to behold.Agree to disagree on this one.

If we buy rooney it would be to push torres out, not to play both of them. If we buy him, it would be to play at striker mainly and definitely not in behind torres.

Well, probably you're right, but I would take a risk and play them both. Rooney likes to help around, he can be seen everywhere on the pitch and I can't imagine him as box player only.

Besides, that's where we struggled most, imho. Each time when Torres was given long ball, he would have been out on his own for too much time. With Rooney as a support, and the way he carries the ball, I deeply believe Torres would become 30+ goalscorer again.

Just look at him go when he plays for Spain. He has much more confidence

We can't play them both without a real deep lying playmaker. Could you imagine Ramires feeding them from deep? That won't work

Mata - Mikel - Rambo - Hazard

-------- Torres -- Rooney --------

Is too poor to bring the ball up front.

That could work with someone that can make some dribbles and good passes, may be Oscar or KDB in stead of Rambo

Because he has a match highest earner clause. So if Rooney gets 250k then JT would have to get a 75k rise.

Is rooney actually on 250k at united though? I think first team football and being number 1 striker and mourinho would get him to come for around 200k.

Didn't know that. Maybe time to offer Terry an longer contract for fewer dollars and remove that clause???

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You