Wayne Rooney

J.F.

Didn't know that. Maybe time to offer Terry an longer contract for fewer dollars and remove that clause???

Yeah. Makes it very costly if we do have a big wage signing. Unless its changed, but i am pretty sure he still has the clause.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the fuss made over Rafa's comments a few years ago when he joined, it would be interesting if the fans remember when Rooney stuck two fingers up at our supporters or when he taunted the Matthew Harding stand in celebration :rolleyes:

Because he has a match highest earner clause. So if Rooney gets 250k then JT would have to get a 75k rise.

Is rooney actually on 250k at united though? I think first team football and being number 1 striker and mourinho would get him to come for around 200k.

There is no proof Rooney is on 250k, I also doubt United would even pay him that, its just rumors from when he signed that contract. Not even Ronaldo got 200k at United....

Given the fuss made over Rafa's comments a few years ago when he joined, it would be interesting if the fans remember when Rooney stuck two fingers up at our supporters or when he taunted the Matthew Harding stand in celebration :rolleyes:

I can't remember that. Probably true, but in the end of the day, it happenned oh well. Our players have done plenty of things to other teams. It's not something that i'm that bothered by. Same happenned with torres. Everyone hated him, until he arrived. Same with ashley cole etc. Its football, things change.

There is no proof Rooney is on 250k, I also doubt United would even pay him that, its just rumors from when he signed that contract. Not even Ronaldo got 200k at United....

Exactly. With the saga that occurred he got a pay rise, but that seems a bit extreme, by uniteds standards.

Exactly. With the saga that occurred he got a pay rise, but that seems a bit extreme, by uniteds standards.

Exactly. Why would United shell out 250k pw to Rooney when they aren't really stupid with money as a club in a sense

I can't remember that. Probably true, but in the end of the day, it happenned oh well. Our players have done plenty of things to other teams. It's not something that i'm that bothered by. Same happenned with torres. Everyone hated him, until he arrived. Same with ashley cole etc. Its football, things change.

I know it would just be ironic after claiming "we never forget" to Rafa and using the flags comment as a reason to never take to him if Rooney doesn't get a hard time. Because sticking two fingers up to supporters showing obvious contempt is a lot worse than making a comment about flags.

Convinced he'd be a 25+ goal scorer for us next season.

Rooney, Mangala, and a DM. Summer window done. Roll on 13/14 season.

------------Rooney------------

Hazard----Mata----de Bruyne

----New DM----Oscar/Ramires----

Cole--Mangala--Luiz--Azpilicueta

--------------Cech---------------

Bench- Lukaku, Lamps, Ba, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Schurlle, Moses

:)

Exactly. Why would United shell out 250k pw to Rooney when they aren't really stupid with money as a club in a sense

Because they were desperate, the season before Rooney single handedly kept United on our coat tails until the very end. They probably thought 250k a week would be cheaper than getting a replacement of the same calibre as-well as paying the wages.

It's amazing how much power you will get when your such an important player, John Terry effectively wrote his own contract in 2009, that won't be happening this time, that is for sure.

I won't touch on why we should consider him more than Cavani because certain members have already done that better than I could possibly do, but I'll try touching on why he would want to come here:-

I think he'd give his all for this club. Not because "Oh Chelsea is a lovely club with great fans, they deserve the best" - i'm not an idiot, I doubt that would go through his mind - but i think we can all see he's craving a new challenge. He looks bored now at United. He also wants to prove himself again. There's been doubts about him, he was dropped last season in crucial games (and made a huge difference when coming on as a sub it must be said) and he knows surely that he's no longer 'the man' at United with Van Persie there. The fans treat him like shit. One of their all time great goalscorers but he's being swept under the rug.

I'm sure Terry loves Chelsea, as do Cech, Drogba etc, but in their prime and even after their prime there's not a single Premier League club (aside from perhaps Tottenham when it comes to Terry) who'd turn them down just because they love this club. It should be no different with us and Rooney. Also Cole loved Arsenal; I mean he even supported them growing up; but he made the switch to Chelsea and rightly so.

We have the pulling power here. United are on the down even if they sign Thiago. Rio is nearly done, Vidic nearly done, Scholes is gone, I think Giggs will 'shock' some people and this or the next will be his last season, even Van Persie can't keep going too much longer but while he is going he'll remain in the limelight; and then there's the fact he'd be going from playing under one of the greats to David bloody Moyes who he seems to despise :clown: Who would you rather play under? Moyes or Mourinho? Who would you rather play with- a declining team whose only young talented purchase recently has been Zaha or the team who's got Hazard/Oscar/Schurrle/De Bruyne etc?

We're also slightly more prolific when it comes to the amount of trophies we've been winning this decade compared to United and that can only increase with Mourinho back at the helm.

Professional footballers in this country often have a dream growing up. To walk out at Old Trafford, to score at Old Trafford, to become a legend at Old Trafford. He's done all 3 of those now, perhaps the last one in slightly controversial fashion, and he has nothing left there.

Then we can just add in small bits like the fact London is much nicer than Manchester. And if our fans chanted "Rooney, Roooooney!!" after a goal we wouldn't have that annoying Manc accent making it sound weird.

So there. I have no doubt he'd want to come here.

I know it would just be ironic after claiming "we never forget" to Rafa and using the flags comment as a reason to never take to him if Rooney doesn't get a hard time. Because sticking two fingers up to supporters showing obvious contempt is a lot worse than making a comment about flags.

What does rafa have to do with anything. People didn't like the bloke. If he was a great manager then many people may have dismissed the comments etc. But he wasn't. And he kept making stupid decisons which is what i was more annoyed with him for. But thats in the past and worked out in the end luckily.

Rooney is a great player, and i don't think him having a go back at our fans when he scored a goal for united is a reason for not signing him.

but i think we can all see he's craving a new challenge. He looks bored now at United. He also wants to prove himself again.

That was the exact same that was said about Torres when we signed him, he looks bored, a new challenge will get him back to his best so on and so fourth.

That was the exact same that was said about Torres when we signed him, he looks bored, a new challenge will get him back to his best so on and so fourth.

I think that was more of an excuse some of us made for him than an actual feeling people shared though. Anyone who was watching him before we signed him could see his legs were absolutely gone. Rooney still has his pace and engine. He's a very fit (no not that way) player.

If only Drogba was still here :cry: But anyway, you can't really deny the fact that he does suit our shade of blue. To me this does actually look 'right':

rooney-chelsea.jpg

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You