Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

If I had to pick I'd be with the Carlo out bunch because they make too many sensible points which are being ignored or countered by arguements which a little more than wishful thinking.

However I'm so bloody sick of this discussion I can't be bothered any more. We've examined Ancelotti's pros and cons before so this is really just rehearsing old stuff.

So my opinion is:

Do I want Ancelotti to be sacked ? No

Do I believe he deserves to be sacked ? Yes

Might not make sense but it is what it is.

Get worried when I agree with you, I don't join in these knee jerk after defeat discussions ....

and transfer speculation is as bad.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bing back the minus please Alex i really want to eat up his reputationlaugh.gif.

Of course you would disagree.

The truth is he has been in bad form for the last few months and doesn't look the player he once was. He has damaged the cruciate ligament in both knees. It is difficult to be the same player having damaged one let alone two.

I just think this is a little silly, if we bring in another manager we will be back to square one again. I am sure the likes of Lampard, Terry, Drogba, Essien are sick and tired of seeing different managers come and go with different tactical needs and formations its fucking annoying for me imagine what its like for the player ?wacko.gifwacko.gif

If I had to pick I'd be with the Carlo out bunch because they make too many sensible points which are being ignored or countered by arguements which a little more than wishful thinking.

However I'm so bloody sick of this discussion I can't be bothered any more. We've examined Ancelotti's pros and cons before so this is really just rehearsing old stuff.

So my opinion is:

Do I want Ancelotti to be sacked ? No

Do I believe he deserves to be sacked ? Yes

Might not make sense but it is what it is.

Good post.

I don't agree with Ancelotti's moves sometimes but I wouldn't like him to get sacked. Last season he was really good and I was amazed with the kind of football we played. As I said in the previous post, letting a few older players leave and bringing a few younger ones could show us a pretty different Chelsea. I have faith, and so should you. Do you guys think Roman wouldn't sack Carlo if he didn't have faith in him?

I do have to say that playing Malouda/Anelka/Drogba constantly I really didn't like when he had Sturrigde and Kakuta on the bench. It's not about not playing the regularly but not giving them chances. Even when he gave Sturrigde his chance and he performed well he wouldn't start in the next match, instead we would see Kalou sub Anelka/Malouda. Also, you can't expect Drogba to play every match like he did and perform well when he is 32 years old. I have this feel when it was like that our front 3 always need to start a match, instead of ending up on the bench if they didn't perform well.

I understand that he didn't give Bruma alot of chances because he's a defender and Carlo's chair was pretty hot, but remember that match against Sunderland? We all know what happened.

But also, we cannot know what's happening behind the field. Perhaps there is some quarrel between the players, perhaps they don't like Ancelotti I really don't know. Sometimes we really aren't lucky and our opposition always playing well against us and afterwards playing badly against other clubs.

It is not nice of you guys to start criticizing our team or Carlo as soon as we have a bad result.

We lost today. Carlo had a good idea of putting Torres in starting 11 because of his motivation, but it was a risk, a risk he decided to take and it backfired, but I also think that our other players disappointed. The match was so slow, kinda like everyone was forced on the field to play. Drogba? I don't think I've seen him. Mikel? To many mistakes for a 1st time regular. Bosingwa? Terrible crosses, but he tried at least. Ivanovic? Extremely nervous, just look at the quarrel with Cech at the end of 1st half.

Overall I think the pressure has gotten to our players and that we should concentrate on the match against Fulham.

What I think should happen is Torres starting next match and Drogba dropping on the bench. Why? Torres has a point to prove and Drogba hasn't been himself some time now. I think Carlo should show him that if he wants to start a match he should start bombarding those nets...

Alot of things can happen 'till the summer...

Get worried when I agree with you, I don't join in these knee jerk after defeat discussions ....

This isn't knee-jerk at all. I could have made this topic anytime over the last 3-4 months. We're on course for our lowest points tally in god knows how long. We've had our worst run of form in 14 years. For a club with our objectives and aims this isn't good enough.

The trouble is though. It's not knee jerk,realistically he probably should have gone over the christmas period.

These 'bad moments' are a long running thing now ,and when he doesn't change anything to prevent these 'bad moments' something has to change.

Bindippers changed there manager and haven't looked back. How long had Roy been there? The manager of the year was at the club that never sacks anybody.

4 months later he's gone.

This isn't knee-jerk at all. I could have made this topic anytime over the last 3-4 months. We're on course for our lowest points tally in god knows how long. We've had our worst run of form in 14 years. For a club with our objectives and aims this isn't good enough.

:goodpost: :goodpost: .

I'll do a post then scroll up and yours is basically reading the same as mine.:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I don't agree with Ancelotti's moves sometimes but I wouldn't like him to get sacked. Last season he was really good and I was amazed with the kind of football we played. As I said in the previous post, letting a few older players leave and bringing a few younger ones could show us a pretty different Chelsea. I have faith, and so should you. Do you guys think Roman wouldn't sack Carlo if he didn't have faith in him?

I do have to say that playing Malouda/Anelka/Drogba constantly I really didn't like when he had Sturrigde and Kakuta on the bench. It's not about not playing the regularly but not giving them chances. Even when he gave Sturrigde his chance and he performed well he wouldn't start in the next match, instead we would see Kalou sub Anelka/Malouda. Also, you can't expect Drogba to play every match like he did and perform well when he is 32 years old. I have this feel when it was like that our front 3 always need to start a match, instead of ending up on the bench if they didn't perform well.

I understand that he didn't give Bruma alot of chances because he's a defender and Carlo's chair was pretty hot, but remember that match against Sunderland? We all know what happened.

But also, we cannot know what's happening behind the field. Perhaps there is some quarrel between the players, perhaps they don't like Ancelotti I really don't know. Sometimes we really aren't lucky and our opposition always playing well against us and afterwards playing badly against other clubs.

It is not nice of you guys to start criticizing our team or Carlo as soon as we have a bad result.

We lost today. Carlo had a good idea of putting Torres in starting 11 because of his motivation, but it was a risk, a risk he decided to take and it backfired, but I also think that our other players disappointed. The match was so slow, kinda like everyone was forced on the field to play. Drogba? I don't think I've seen him. Mikel? To many mistakes for a 1st time regular. Bosingwa? Terrible crosses, but he tried at least. Ivanovic? Extremely nervous, just look at the quarrel with Cech at the end of 1st half.

Overall I think the pressure has gotten to our players and that we should concentrate on the match against Fulham.

What I think should happen is Torres starting next match and Drogba dropping on the bench. Why? Torres has a point to prove and Drogba hasn't been himself some time now. I think Carlo should show him that if he wants to start a match he should start bombarding those nets...

Alot of things can happen 'till the summer...

Absolutely brilliant post :clap:

When you look at the form side to it we aint that bad, usually form is judged on 6 or 7 games so lets look at our last 7 games.

P7 W5 D1 L1 F18 A4

Thats still preety good form despite today, if we drew 1 and lost 5 then won a scrappy 1-0 that wont be deemed as out of a crisis so why should a should 5 wins and a draw out of 6 followed by a scrappy 1-0 loss be considered entering a crisis?

Sorry ,I thought it was the done thing on here.:whistling:

Haha no thanks! But like I said, your points are well presented. If Carlo is sacked, it must be done after the final game of the season so the new manager can assess the players he has (including the youth) so he can sell the oldies and promote the youth, and also buy players only in areas we need and younger than 25. This is the only way the wage bill will be dropped.

I'd like a manager who knows Total Football. Someone like Pep Guardiola. But no the man himself.

The trouble is though. It's not knee jerk,realistically he probably should have gone over the christmas period.

These 'bad moments' are a long running thing now ,and when he doesn't change anything to prevent these 'bad moments' something has to change.

Bindippers changed there manager and haven't looked back. How long had Roy been there? The manager of the year was at the club that never sacks anybody.

4 months later he's gone.

:goodpost: :goodpost: .

I'll do a post then scroll up and yours is basically reading the same as mine.:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

:goodpost:

I'd give much of the credit to Steve Clarke. It just goes to show wha a good assistant coach can offer. Meanwhile we have a poor manager and his assistant has only ever managed an under 14 girls team.

Haha no thanks! But like I said, your points are well presented. If Carlo is sacked, it must be done after the final game of the season so the new manager can assess the players he has (including the youth) so he can sell the oldies and promote the youth, and also buy players only in areas we need and younger than 25. This is the only way the wage bill will be dropped.

I'd like a manager who knows Total Football. Someone like Pep Guardiola. But no the man himself.

That's the thing now. what is the long term gameplan. Before Jan 31st it looked like reducing the wage bill,now i'm not so sure. Might aswell give Carlo the season now,although wouldn't be too upset if he went before.After yesterdays resultsit was almost like an act of god to get us back in the race,today we could have completely destroyed any hopes the scum had of finishng 4th too.

Roman brought him in to win the CL and we're stil in it. So you never know. But we need alot of luck,and even if we do win it,I still wouldn't keep him.

The only way I'd keep Carlo is if we started to play well an win league games we should be winning,the CL is a one off cup competition where anything can happen.

I'd give much of the credit to Steve Clarke. It just goes to show wha a good assistant coach can offer. Meanwhile we have a poor manager and his assistant has only ever managed an under 14 girls team.

I remember fans (mainly oppo fans). Saying that Grant should have not got the sack just because he took us to the CL final !!! Now that is fickle and short term,short sighted thinking.

Why do we keep employing these people with no qualifications.

That's the thing now. what is the long term gameplan. Before Jan 31st it looked like reducing the wage bill,now i'm not so sure. Might aswell give Carlo the season now,although wouldn't be too upset if he went before.After yesterdays resultsit was almost like an act of god to get us back in the race,today we could have completely destroyed any hopes the scum had of finishng 4th too.

Roman brought him in to win the CL and we're stil in it. So you never know. But we need alot of luck,and even if we do win it,I still wouldn't keep him.

The only way I'd keep Carlo is if we started to play well an win league games we should be winning,the CL is a one off cup competition where anything can happen.

I remember fans (mainly oppo fans). Saying that Grant should have not got the sack just because he took us to the CL final !!! Now that is fickle and short term,short sighted thinking.

Why do we keep employing these people with no qualifications.

It's blind faith and makes you ignore all the warning signs. Grant was a nobody but people want to be loyal to what they percieve as nice guys even if they're rubbish.

Regarding the bold I've lost any hope whatsoever that we can win the CL with this Ancelotti. We may scrape through to the QF because we have arguably the easiest draw in the next round but the first good team we play will knock us out much like Inter Milan last season. The team is running on empty and Ancelotti is devoid of any new ideas or lacks the ability as a coach to change things.

Why don't you want him sacked? If a player is playing poorly with no signs of improvement the logical thing to do is count your losses and move him on. Why doesn't the same apply to managers? Where does this blind loyalty come from? This is a results business and the club has invested far too much to have a manager this bad wasting talent.

It's definitely nothing emotional. The best thing about Ancelotti is that when his tactics work, the football we play is fucking brilliant. Scoring for fun and dominating games like we never did. For that I believe he deserves a proper chance to build his Chelsea, and as we all know 16 Oufield senior players for a team competing in 4 competitions is not a proper chance.

Then again his annoying tendency to highlight his many weaknesses as a manager (rotation,youth management,tactics) often makes me think he's not the top manager we should be seeking stability with.

I absolutely share your concern about Essien, at his best he's one of the best midfielders we've had in the last 10 years, but he's looked like a different player for a while now.