Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

Wait, Carlo was playing? Isn't he too old for that?

I hope you know that it just doesnt make sense. When won the double last season because of him, now the "bad spell" is because of the players...:goodpost:

He is in a no win situation. If he plays the youth and results suffer, it's his fault for giving them too much responsibility. If he continues with the established order and results suffer, it's his fault he can't motivate them. Basically there will be grumblings if we lose, no matter if the youth play or not. If he plays the same first eleven every week and we win every game, nobody will complain.

This argument also dosent make sense: "you cant give the youngster too much responsabilty". It can be aplied to every young player in every big club in the world. Pedro started a World Cup final, because Torres was having a fucking awful tournament. If Carlo was the manager I bet Pedro wouldnt had started one single game. There is only one good argument to let Carlo stay until the end of his contract: the money we would pay to him.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This argument also dosent make sense: "you cant give the youngster too much responsabilty". It can be aplied to every young player in every big club in the world. Pedro started a World Cup final, because Torres was having a fucking awful tournament. If Carlo was the manager I bet Pedro wouldnt had started one single game. There is only one good argument to let Carlo stay until the end of his contract: the money we would pay to him.

Yes sure let's compare the English league to the World Cup. That makes so much sense rolleyes.gif

Yes sure let's compare the English league to the World Cup. That makes so much sense rolleyes.gif

But you must understand his point? Example; Lampard was poor on Sunday, lost the ball a lot and couldn't keep up the pace. Why did Carlo not recognise this and throw on Josh? Especially when we went a goal down. He would've been the most logical replacement. Just imagine he was 19 (since age is a big factor for some people) and take into account his skill and maturity levels

Points taken and IMO Bullshit. What the fuck are we? Real Madrid, sacking a manager every season, no thanks give him a chance and he will grow into this job even more... This is mental, if we beat Fulham 4-0 on Monday you'll be calling him King Carlo etc etc... so fickle

But you must understand his point? Example; Lampard was poor on Sunday, lost the ball a lot and couldn't keep up the pace. Why did Carlo not recognise this and throw on Josh? Especially when we went a goal down. He would've been the most logical replacement. Just imagine he was 19 (since age is a big factor for some people) and take into account his skill and maturity levels

I understand the point of giving youth a chance when they couldn't be doing any worse than the regulars. But it will only take one bad performance from them to get people on their backs. Then people will say 'oh why is he playing kids when we need the experience of that other guy.' It's a thankless job - that was what I was pointing out. Example - Torres wasn't exactly playing well so Carlo brought on Kalou. And he got stick for that. But he would've gotten stick even if he had kept Torres on because then people would have said he's playing people who're not cutting it.

He brought Josh on in that Villa away game in October. Josh almost gave away 3 points when Reo Cocker nicked the ball off him in injury time and went through on goal but fortunately fluffed his shot. Would Josh and Carlo have escaped criticism had the guy scored? No. We wouldn't hear the end of how he lost us the game.

I'll say we should keep him atleast untill his contract expires. But it would be nice having Jose here again...one can only dream. :lol: . I dont think Guardiola is a bad choice either i bet he would be able to turn our youth academy players into stars, also he likes to play good football, and thats always a plus.

I urge you read the points please.

You're unwilling to listen to equally pertinent points made by me and the rest of us who want him to stay.

Nobody will deny that the guy has made mistakes. But he really isn't as clueless and useless as some are painting him out to be.

You're unwilling to listen to equally pertinent points made by me and the rest of us who want him to stay.

Nobody will deny that the guy has made mistakes. But he really isn't as clueless and useless as some are painting him out to be.

No I'm simply addressing those who come in this thread without reading the points first and understanding this isn't knee-jerking.

I even thought the notion of sacking Carlo was invalid, but having read the points I see where they're coming from. My point of view depends on when we rebuild the squad. I'd like Carlo to stay until then because when the time comes for rebuilding I'd like our next long-term manager to have his squad. With this squad, I want Carlo here.

I understand the point of giving youth a chance when they couldn't be doing any worse than the regulars. But it will only take one bad performance from them to get people on their backs. Then people will say 'oh why is he playing kids when we need the experience of that other guy.' It's a thankless job - that was what I was pointing out. Example - Torres wasn't exactly playing well so Carlo brought on Kalou. And he got stick for that. But he would've gotten stick even if he had kept Torres on because then people would have said he's playing people who're not cutting it.

He brought Josh on in that Villa away game in October. Josh almost gave away 3 points when Reo Cocker nicked the ball off him in injury time and went through on goal but fortunately fluffed his shot. Would Josh and Carlo have escaped criticism had the guy scored? No. We wouldn't hear the end of how he lost us the game.

I actually wasn't fussed about Kalou for Torres by the way :lol:

But even with the Villa example I don't think anyone would've looked to Josh as being responsible. We would've appreciated him trying something new and positive for the club in the direction we want them to head. I know in hindsight this seems a bit fake, but I genuinely believe this ;)

if we beat Fulham 4-0 on Monday you'll be calling him King Carlo etc etc... so fickle

Sigh, no.

We are not plastic fans. This thread is proof of this.. :doh:

But even with the Villa example I don't think anyone would've looked to Josh as being responsible. We would've appreciated him trying something new and positive for the club in the direction we want them to head. I know in hindsight this seems a bit fake, but I genuinely believe this ;)

Yeah but you only need to look at the general doubting that followed Kakuta's first few performances where he didn't do anything special.

He is in a no win situation. If he plays the youth and results suffer, it's his fault for giving them too much responsibility.

No. You don't get it do you?

If he had tried every possible option,tactics,formation and giving our 1 and only youth player left a chance.Then people wouldn't blame Carlo because he's exhausted every possibility. As it stands he's tried nothing,never dropped anybody,never given any youth a chance and never changed a game with a substitution.

If he plays the same first eleven every week and we win every game, nobody will complain.

Worst point ever. If we win every week of course we'll be happy.

I hate these stupid fucking moron threads... we lose one game and it's a disaster... get real, it fucking happens :moaning:

Didn't realise this was our first loss of the season. I take it we played really well against Liverpool and were just unlucky then?

Yeah but you only need to look at the general doubting that followed Kakuta's first few performances where he didn't do anything special.

Yes, good point there. However I fail to write him off. There was, understandably, a lot of hype for him here because he'd demonstrated great skill on the ball and looked like he could walk into the squad. Of course, we can't judge him yet, but yes he hasn't grasped his chances properly as such.

However the difference between him and Josh is. Josh has demonstrated he is more than capable when he comes on. So Carlo should use this, right?