Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

The managers of world football, see Chelsea as a club to go to in the short term. They earn a few million for a while, and enjoy a fat compensation package for their troubles. This job is the ultimate pay day.

Your post make me remind to Rafael Benitez and Sven Erricson excl.gif

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you want a glorified cup manager to remain at the helm because we'll lose a few million in compensation? :huh:

You have worded your post in a superficial way.My point is why throw money at the problem all the time?.Ancelotti won the double with us last season.Why sack a manager over one bad spell?

What if we do win the champions league this year-still sack Ancelotti?.

Thank god you never had to cope with the Chelsea managers from the 1980's!!.

You have worded your post in a superficial way.My point is why throw money at the problem all the time?.Ancelotti won the double with us last season.Why sack a manager over one bad spell?

What if we do win the champions league this year-still sack Ancelotti?.

Thank god you never had to cope with the Chelsea managers from the 1980's!!.

Sack a manager in the end of a season its not the same that sacking before that. I dont get these arguments "he won the double, this is just a bad spell". No, lot of fans now realize his wakness. BlueLion has exposed them in a recent post.

Even in last season his weakness were there, but somehow We won the PL by one point.

This is a bad spell caused by his mistakes. On the other side this argument that he is a manager "to win CL" is still ridiculous. Liverpool has also won one CL, but look where they are now: his biggest star asking to leave.

Months ago when I said he should leave I was called a idiot, its funny that now people want him to stay not because they think he is good, but because they think we cant sack managers anymore.

We didn't find a right solution to attack them, and second we had difficulty to play from the back, too slow, and so we didn't find space,' the manager explained.

He is right.

But Henrique usually starts to criticize and shout SACK.

If we sack Ancelotti : we will lose £10m.

If we don't finish in the top 4 : we will lose £40m.

So, we can't afford to keep Ancelotti whatever happens.

But if the board decide to keep him, we have to sell some established players. The players that Ancelotti fears to drop. So if Ancelotti stays I would ask Roman to sell Drogba, Anelka and maybe Essien.

Sacking him won't do us any good. Who do we get as a replacement? SAF and Wenger been in their clubs for a long time and thus managed to establish trust and stability. We need that stability, along with 1-2 players in, a few out. I must admit this 'bad moment' has been going on for tad too long but sacking won't do any good. I wouldn't even dare to criticize the man before season ends. I'm tired of lotteries called "Pick a manager", lets stick to Ancelotti and see where he takes us. Didn't see anyone crying for sack when we were winning by 5-8 goals over and over again. Patience guys.

But if the board decide to keep him, we have to sell some established players. The players that Ancelotti fears to drop. So if Ancelotti stays I would ask Roman to sell Drogba, Anelka and maybe Essien.

Do you honestly believe that things are so one-dimensional?

Sacking in the summer will be cheaper: 6 millions. Only make sense sack him in the summer. Right now it wont help.

Thing is,sack him..that be including however we got in as a replacement 5 managers since Jose left and 4 trophies! Not as bad as it looked before but either way be a case of more managers then trophies in same amount of time.

And be same ole story..new manager,does well,bad results...'sack him!' and theres no guarantee that the new manager makes things better anyway!Doesnt always work out we've been lucky so far but never know that luck can run out

Give him till the end of the season,see where we finish then starts these threads up again

Sack him at the end of the season and bring in the right man. I can honestly say that Scolari and Ancelotti were not my choice of managers and Grant definately wasn't !!

Keep Carlo for now as he's here to win the CL,which we're still in. Get rid in the summer,I don't think he has that much longer left on his contract. Roman wised up by giving him a smaller contract than previous managers.

Let's make sure we get the right man in this summer,that's key. Since Jose the choices have been poor.

OK so I won't come on here and blast this whole thread as useless and ridiculous because its been pointed out how many "good points" are being made here. Can we please bottom line all this analysis and get to the meat of the issue? People here are impatient and think we should be doing better than we are with the talent available.

Apparently Carlo doesn't know what he's doing, is clueless, can't motivate, and doesn't know how to use the assets at his disposal to their full advantage. I'd like to point out that on February 1st, 2011 Carlo was just as bad of a manager yet everyone was full of hope, everyone could see us blasting through the remainder of the season, everyone liked the "new direction" of the club, everyone was kissing Roman's feet for opening his pursestrings, everyone was LOOKING FORWARD to the Liverpool game cuz losing was unfathomable. Why? Ask yourselves that question and ask yourselves what has changed in the last 7 days aside from losing to a bitter hated rival? Then you will all see that this thread is more about how painful and demeaning it was to lose to Liverpool as opposed to if we should sack Carlo now.

There have been valid points made and we all know Carlo has weaknesses but lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater here. We have the exact same chances of winning the CL as we did on Feb 1 and make no mistake if we get "lucky enough" to win the CL then all the members who don't want a lowly "cup manager" will be the ones out there proudly waving our colours and keeping the blue flag flying high. I'm not saying we're going to win it but lets keep this all in perspective please.blue%20scalf.gif

I say let Carlo's reigns last as long as his contract runs, which ends in 2012 - then he would have been given a large peroid of time to build a Chelsea side that could fit into his plans. Carlo has stated many things what he wants to do after his tenure with Chelsea - including becoming Italy or England manager, or even retiring at Chelsea (saying he wants to be here for a decade). Carlo was brought in for stability, and has yet, in my opinion, made his own mark on the team. Most of the players we discuss we signed before he was at Stamford Bridge, and i am sure the players he has signed, and will sign will become a large role for the future managers of Chelsea as did the Mourinho era signings have for him.

We have the smallest squad in the league, and instead of getting rid of Carlo and adding another manager - maybe we should be adding to the actuall squad instead.

Carlo has his demerits. I agree . But think about few matches in the past.

1. Game against newcastle : Kalou missed a sitter which is unacceptable at this level

2. Game against Spur: Drogba missed penalty at injury time. Unlucky

3. Game against Everton: we conceded at injury time.

4. Game against Aston villa : Again we conceded at injury time.

None of these is Carlo's fault. If we were little bit more lucky and competent then we can gain 8 more points and could have 2nd spot at this point of time. I don't know whether Carlo is the right person to make a dynasty here. But He deserves a chance.

He is in a no win situation. If he plays the youth and results suffer, it's his fault for giving them too much responsibility. If he continues with the established order and results suffer, it's his fault he can't motivate them. Basically there will be grumblings if we lose, no matter if the youth play or not. If he plays the same first eleven every week and we win every game, nobody will complain.