Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

I understand the above point about the players.........but if things arent working on the pitch and you know the manager has to do something and its not happening then a lack luster performance is to be expected. Not Ideal at all but, I can understand that from a working point of view.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How was Mourinho's idea last season to play 9 men in the line before their box tacticly brilliant idea. It was stupid and he was lucky that they didn't concede second.

:D

Seems like some here are still in love with Jose.:lol:

The sole reason Ancelotti was hired was for the Champions League. The sooner we win that, the sooner the board can find an excellent long-term manager with his new, fresh, squad.

Do you really believe that even if he win the CL the board will look for the right long-term manager ?

How was Mourinho's idea last season to play 9 men in the line before their box tacticly brilliant idea. It was stupid and he was lucky that they didn't concede second.

:D

Seems like some here are still in love with Jose.:lol:

And? Jose was the best manager we had in years. We achieved so much with him but politics played a massive part in his departure. He filled me with confidence as a supporter. I dont with Carlo and like I said I appreciate what he did last season but he did ride his luck to be fair.

... and what I think a lot of people seem to forget is that he secured The Double in his first season with us.

In these 12 pages I'm pretty sure that "The Double" has been mentioned more times than his name.

I followed the Liverpool forums for a few months and the tone about Carlo reminds me a lot of the tone there regarding Roy Hodgson minus the screaming lunatics. The majority seemed to think Roy should have never been given the job, he wasn't a long-term solution, wasn't tactically smart, didn't want to promote youth, played players who shouldn't be playing, etc.

I personally think Carlo is head and shoulders above Roy but it seems reading the posts there's some underlying angst here.

While I'm not part of the Kenny love-fest that's invaded the PL, it does seem he has given them the kick in the pants they needed. Do you think a new manager is the key? New players? It seems to be a crossroad time for Chelsea. I read the thread about will we finish Top 4 or not and that seems so odd to me. Maybe that's the problem but I've always automatically assumed Chelsea was a Top 4 team. It would be weird to see them out of it. Maybe that's the problem - the club, manager, and/or players assuming Top 4 was a given.

Interesting analogy but I disagree. Teams overachieving shortly after a new manager has been appointed is quite common in football. Hell may even McLaren can get our team to perform better for the rest of the season but he will never be the right manager for Chelsea.

From where I'm standing, Ancelotti's main weaknesses were obvious way before our slump. His record with youth players is appalling and our defeat to Inter last year was IMO a tactical defeat.

And? Jose was the best manager we had in years. We achieved so much with him but politics played a massive part in his departure. He filled me with confidence as a supporter. I dont with Carlo and like I said I appreciate what he did last season but he did ride his luck to be fair.

This season we simply don't have options for wings. Malouda had dip in form, Zhirkov is injured too much. Midfielders had their dips in form too, or they were injured for long time like Sir Frank and Yossi.

How can Carlo turn things up in the game when he doesn't have much options.

Look at the options Man utd, Arsenal and City have. They have options for two or more systems, we are can hardly find one system.

I don't get Jose. He had everything, Moratti wanted to give him what roman didn't and he left. And now I hear he has disputes in Real.

In these 12 pages I'm pretty sure that "The Double" has been mentioned more times than his name.

Interesting analogy but I disagree. Teams overachieving shortly after a new manager has been appointed is quite common in football. Hell may even McLaren can get our team to perform better for the rest of the season but he will never be the right manager for Chelsea.

From where I'm standing, Ancelotti's main weaknesses were obvious way before our slump. His record with youth players is appalling and our defeat to Inter last year was IMO a tactical defeat.

I'm definitely not saying Ancelotti's should be replaced because I don't know enough to speak intelligently or stupidly about him and the team. I'm just observing and wondering do the majority of fans want a change and why? Do fans blame him, the players, injuries, World Cup, the moon, or what.

All I know is what I saw Sunday and in the previous LFC vs CFC game. On Sunday, Liverpool parked the bus and played a very negative game. It wasn't pretty but it worked. It was a sloppy goal that shouldn't have happened. Chelsea on the other hand didn't do didly except for an opportunity here or there. Previous game in Nov (?), LFC scored off two moments of Torres brilliance. In the second half Chelsea was dominant and I couldn't figure out how LFC kept them off the scoresheet.

Did Mourinho use young guys or was everybody young when he was here?

They were young. Look at Inter team now and you will see how he works.

Imo he isn't very good with young players.

But I must be fair to him and say that club didn't sign enough young players since he left.

Our squad was younger back then, it was like we had a bunch of David Luizes. Mourinho hasn't stayed at a club long enough to judge how he handles young players. But the main difference is that in his era the club never planned to rely on the academy even for squad players.

This season we simply don't have options for wings. Malouda had dip in form, Zhirkov is injured too much. Midfielders had their dips in form too, or they were injured for long time like Sir Frank and Yossi.

How can Carlo turn things up in the game when he doesn't have much options.

Look at the options Man utd, Arsenal and City have. They have options for two or more systems, we are can hardly find one system.

I don't get Jose. He had everything, Moratti wanted to give him what roman didn't and he left. And now I hear he has disputes in Real.

I appreciate that but sheesh I sure as hell wouldnt of played Torres on the weekend let alone play him Drogba and Anelka together. 3 points is better than playing some player just because we recently bought him for £50 million and it happens to be the club we bought him from we play next. Kalou should of started imo even Loudie and sod it put them on the wings¬!!! Its different and will catch teams out. He leaves it too late to change things in games and tbh he needs to change his formation. i mean come on, these days teams will stick 5 in midfield because thats where they know they are getting us there by flooding us. We wont win the league now so he may aswell try it!

Success has made the majority of our fans very fickle indeed. Was Carlo still so tactically inept when we beat the big teams last season? And now because were having a poor season people are calling for him to be sacked? Name me one available manager that is better suited for the Chelsea job.

Carlo has put himself forward for one of the most difficult jobs in club football, there is pressure on him from the board, the owner and the media, he doesn't need it from his own fans. He needs to feel that his job is secure, and then he can start to focus on the youth and the academy. The fact is Carlo can't just put McEachran or Kakuta etc into the first team and hope we win. Right now, he needs to put the best players onto the pitch and get them playing well again, because that is the only way we will ever win competitions like the Champions League. Form only comes from playing games.

Face it, the team is in transition. With so many players over 30, our squad is too thin for rotation. We either have very young, inexperienced players, or 30+ established players who are being forced to play every match. There is no in-between. This summer is the last transfer window before the FairPlay regulations, and I can see a major overhaul of the squad coming.

Face it, the team is in transition. With so many players over 30, our squad is too thin for rotation. We either have very young, inexperienced players, or 30+ established players who are being forced to play every match. There is no in-between. This summer is the last transfer window before the FairPlay regulations, and I can see a major overhaul of the squad coming.

That's precisely why we question Carlo. I personally wonder if he's the right man to lead us through this transition and thus, build his own squad.

I think he is. This isn't going to be an over night thing and someone did just say is there anyone better suited at the moment? I don't think so, he gets on with whatever Roman does (used to it from Milan with their president), The players respect him... and he is very interested in the youth progression... I really do think we will be a proper force to be reckoned with in a couple of years, heck even now we're playing great football but been unfortunate with injuries and random staff changes. Give him till the end of the season, see what we're doing then. If we've won the Champions league come May, I bet alot of you will have changed your tune about him :carlo:

Success has made the majority of our fans very fickle indeed. Was Carlo still so tactically inept when we beat the big teams last season?

yes , he was ..... against man utd at homa SAF has outsmarted him and tactically they were the better team .... against inter home and away mourinho has made carlo look bad when he had no solutions .

we only have good games tactically against arsenal , but every other big game our players look like not knowing what should they do , not following specific instructions ..... and that is the difference between average and great managers ... great managers know how to get their players to understand and perform under a specific formation where each of them has a specific role in that formation ....

in that way when some players are injured , teams don't suffer because who ever comes in knows exactly what he should do .. may be who wouldn't be able to perform at the same level but a least he knows what his role is ...

and it is obvious that our team doesn't have that , because when Drogba is out and anelka is in as a CF , each one of them plays with a completely different way , same goes with mikel and essien as DM , with ramires and essien as RCM ... with malouda and kalou ...

each player plays his own game and that i why we end up losing , we end up saying that the players are not performing ...!

well that would have worked if we had players like messi , kaka , ronaldinho ... because those players brilliance comes out from not knowing what they might do and that is why it was pretty obvious we needed one of those players ....

but our players are very functional and needs to know exactly what should they do before they have the ball at their feet , and that is also why the likes of essien , mikel and even lamps had made a lot of missed passes this season ....

Should never have got rid of Scolari. He was a world cup winner after all. Didn't matter that he was shit with us,he won the world cup,you can't get better than that.

We should have given him 5 years to build his own team.

Bring back this guy. He's the bollocks!

Hahahah! The look on Drogba and cos face if we did...be a mass walkout!!

Least Carlo still has the support of the dressing room..or far as we know anyway.

Steve Clarke arg!!! Agree they started winning after the arrived..considence..no way! Huge help...to the wrong team!!