Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The posts you've chosen to highlight clearly show this thread is not as simply black & white as "sacked because we won't retain the double". There's points here which talk about how he can improve, what we wouldn't mind if Carlo changed.. ect. Like Kostas said, last years achievements, while epic as they are, masked problems/flaws that can be seen now.

I stand by what I say when I say, stick with him till summer and then see what's happened/what will happen before/after that time.

I can admit that Carlo also made some mistakes.

But then you see posts like how Arry is a good manager, or that O'Neill would be better option as our manager. Are they having a laugh?

Hmm Kostas said first that problems were masked and then said that we are not in transitional period. If he thinks that Studge, Kakuta and Josh can pull us out of crap than fair enough, he knows best.

I take it all those who hate the idea of sacking managers wanted Scolari to remain at Chelsea? We had a poor run under him but it was nowhere near as bad as the recent run under Ancelotti.

I didn't even want him to be appointed as Chelsea manager.

I take it all those who hate the idea of sacking managers wanted Scolari to remain at Chelsea? We had a poor run under him but it was nowhere near as bad as the recent run under Ancelotti.

Scolari lost the dressing room , the likes of Drogab ,Cech, Ballack Terry hated working with him becuase of his old training methods etc. They have the respect for Carlo.

I don't think the problems come from Carlo.In every team when the good result aren't come the fans blame the coach.In some situations they are wright but in that situation with Carlo he can't be blame.I think the problem comes from there that the most of players are above 30 years old.And they have bad form on these years.We need some young players who can replace some of our old players.When we want speed and fresh players we can play with young players.When we want class we can play with Drogba,Anelka and Malouda.That is what I think.Carlo know very well his job.

I can admit that Carlo also made some mistakes.

But then you see posts like how Arry is a good manager, or that O'Neill would be better option as our manager. Are they having a laugh?

Hmm Kostas said first that problems were masked and then said that we are not in transitional period. If he thinks that Studge, Kakuta and Josh can pull us out of crap than fair enough, he knows best.

Lol Harry Redknapp is an awful manager. Attack, attack, attack. That's all he knows. He has no knowledge of defending or tactical play, this despite having 3000 centre-backs.

He's right though, we're not. A transitional period - as members defending Carlo have said - is when youth is intergrated into the main squad. This was the plan, when he entered the season with the smallest registered squad. And now? Now we have sent Sturridge, Kakuta, Bruma & Van Aanholt on loan & McEachran is 'too young'. A direct contradiction to what "the plan" was. Either that's the fault of the board for not singing enough players, or management for not recognising that this squad was not title challengers. Or even both.

Guest justin_3d

Lol Harry Redknapp is an awful manager. Attack, attack, attack. That's all he knows. He has no knowledge of defending or tactical play, this despite having 3000 centre-backs.

He's right though, we're not. A transitional period - as members defending Carlo have said - is when youth is intergrated into the main squad. This was the plan, when he entered the season with the smallest registered squad. And now? Now we have sent Sturridge, Kakuta, Bruma & Van Aanholt on loan & McEachran is 'too young'. A direct contradiction to what "the plan" was. Either that's the fault of the board for not singing enough players, or management for not recognising that this squad was not title challengers. Or even both.

Both, but also it does not help getting Ray sack when Carlo stated he was very vital to helping the team last season.

I think this is the place that needs to be focus on sacking and not the coach itself. The coach is good and is a world class manager. But he has some sorry ass staff!

Emanolo out!!!

:rolleyes: Fuck sake. The man won us the double 9 months ago. He should be shown more respect.

WE NEED STABILITY! Sacking a manager after 2 years cause we're going through a bad patch is never going to get us anywhere, we'll end up doing it over and over again. There will be massive changes in the summer & it shouldn't be the manager it should be new players.

Emanolo out!!!

What warrants that statement?

Elemano is doing the role he's assigned to. Opposition scout. His job is to prepare a tactical brief on our opposition, no-one knows if he's doing that well or not. Carlo Ancelotti has come out and said his job hasn't changed, jut the job title. So let's stop hating on him, shall we?

Though you're over all message is right. Steve Clarke embodies the role of back-room staff. If Carlo is to stay beyond this summer he should be given as much reinforcement at the back as he can. The suggestion of using former club legends like Zola is an iffy - Carlo needs as much support as he can from a top-class assistant manager. Hiddink is a first team coach and this would severely undermine Carlo so that's not a good solution either.

Guest justin_3d

What warrants that statement?

Elemano is doing the role he's assigned to. Opposition scout. His job is to prepare a tactical brief on our opposition, no-one knows if he's doing that well or not. Carlo Ancelotti has come out and said his job hasn't changed, jut the job title. So let's stop hating on him, shall we?

Though you're over all message is right. Steve Clarke embodies the role of back-room staff. If Carlo is to stay beyond this summer he should be given as much reinforcement at the back as he can. The suggestion of using former club legends like Zola is an iffy - Carlo needs as much support as he can from a top-class assistant manager. Hiddink is a first team coach and this would severely undermine Carlo so that's not a good solution either.

Well Emanolo might be better as an Opposition scout, but he is not showing now sign for support as assistant coach.

Less Clement...

Not qualify staff to help Carlo.

This is the place we have to focus in changing, and not on the head coach.

Well Emanolo might be better as an Opposition scout, but he is not showing now sign for support as assistant coach.

Less Clement...

Not qualify staff to help Carlo.

This is the place we have to focus in changing, and not on the head coach.

Like Carlo said "nothing changes"

The board is at fault for not appointing someone. Though this may simply come down to cost-cutting measures.

Guest justin_3d

Like Carlo said "nothing changes"

The board is at fault for not appointing someone. Though this may simply come down to cost-cutting measures.

That is why I said Emanolo out.

He can do better at what he is doing in scout, but is a waste of time and space having him there in bench as assistant.

As far as cost-cutting...makes no sens when we spend so much on Torres.

Having a good staff is very vital to success.

We need a good assistant to replace Ray.

That is why I said Emanolo out.

He can do better at what he is doing in scout, but is a waste of time and space having him there in bench as assistant.

As far as cost-cutting...makes no sens when we spend so much on Torres.

Having a good staff is very vital to success.

We need a good assistant to replace Ray.

Then my mistake, I thought you meant out of the club.

As for the rest, you're right, but with this board it's unlikely. Ray will not be replaced, this role is no longer available at the club. Carlo will only have 2 assistant managers (Bruno Demichelis & Paul Clement)

Guest justin_3d

Then my mistake, I thought you meant out of the club.

As for the rest, you're right, but with this board it's unlikely. Ray will not be replaced, this role is no longer available at the club. Carlo will only have 2 assistant managers (Bruno Demichelis & Paul Clement)

But wait isn't Bruno more for medical assistance reasons?

And Clement is coming from our youth set up staff....not enough experience IMO.

So that's it then. Any Man U fan that has ever doubted Fergie in the past must be a glory hunter.

A glory hunter is a supporter that changes teams to whoever is winning at the time,not somebody that doesn't rate a manager.

:goodpost:

This debate is going great, there are good points on each side really. Ancelotti however is the one i have to side with, since i don't even know how i could deal with the fact if we became a Real Madrid. I think Carlo is a capable manager of rotating our team, sure enough many people may call him an average manager, but so was many managers who are now the best managers today. Though I just think even if we arent in the top 4, i wouldn't blame it all precisely on Carlo, luck has been against us, pressure has been on, injuries the lot. Just one of those things, however many people would disagree and i don't have anything against that. But now giving the time and tought it through i think i would like to hold on to Carlo even if we don't make it into top 4. But let him rotate the team in what he thinks is the best direction, i think Carlo is capable. And yes i would agree with the fact he could end up being a disaster and we could have the exact same season again, but i don't want to go through a phrase of sacking managers after a season because they soon start doing bad. I thought Chelsea were better than that!.

This debate is going great, there are good points on each side really. Ancelotti however is the one i have to side with, since i don't even know how i could deal with the fact if we became a Real Madrid. I think Carlo is a capable manager of rotating our team, sure enough many people may call him an average manager, but so was many managers who are now the best managers today. Though I just think even if we arent in the top 4, i wouldn't blame it all precisely on Carlo, luck has been against us, pressure has been on, injuries the lot. Just one of those things, however many people would disagree and i don't have anything against that. But now giving the time and tought it through i think i would like to hold on to Carlo even if we don't make it into top 4. But let him rotate the team in what he thinks is the best direction, i think Carlo is capable. And yes i would agree with the fact he could end up being a disaster and we could have the exact same season again, but i don't want to go through a phrase of sacking managers after a season because they soon start doing bad. I thought Chelsea were better than that!.

:goodpost:

Well balanced, taking account both sides of the argument! Could do with more posts like this.