Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Villas-Boas - IN

Neymar - IN

Aguero - IN

Modric/Hamsik/Pastore - IN

VDW - IN

Lukaku - IN

Fereria - OUT

Bosingwa - OUT

Mikel - OUT

Kalou - OUT

Malouda - OUT

Drogba - OUT

I see, so you wish to have 2 managers? :eyebrows:

Guest justin_3d

I hope so. I really hope Roman gets it right this time. It will be our most important signing of the summer.

Marcelo Bielsa? :)

I know i this may get a bit. well how to put it. controvesial be the right word or not. but isnt villas boas a bit a little overhyped. sure hes got the Europa league (i wish it was still uefa cup. europa league makes it sound like a stock of kia picantos they couldnt sell and made special editions of them).

I hope so. I really hope Roman gets it right this time. It will be our most important signing of the summer.

You can only hope, they've got it wrong so many times I won't hold my breath.

I know i this may get a bit. well how to put it. controvesial be the right word or not. but isnt villas boas a bit a little overhyped. sure hes got the Europa league (i wish it was still uefa cup. europa league makes it sound like a stock of kia picantos they couldnt sell and made special editions of them).

The records he broke speak for itself

• By winning the UEFA Europa League on 18 May 2011, he is the youngest manager ever to win a European competition, at 33 years and 213 days of age.[10]
  • The club record for the most matches across all competitions unbeaten (36). This record was previously held by José Mourinho at 33 matches.[11] Part of this streak was completed by the previous coach of FC Porto, Jesualdo Ferreira.
  • The most wins in Europe in one season by a Portuguese club (14)[12]
  • The most points in a 30-game Portuguese league season (84)
  • The highest number of consecutive wins in the Portuguese league (16)
  • The biggest margin over the second placed team in the league (21)[13]
  • The only team to go unbeaten through a Portuguese league season aside from Benfica in 1972/73[14] and in 1977/78[15]
  • On 3 April 2011, Villas-Boas won his first Primeira Liga, five rounds before the end, by defeating second-place Benfica 2–1 away at theEstádio da Luz in Lisbon,[16] becoming the third youngest coach to win it, only behind Mihály Sistka (1938–39) and Juca (1961–62). It is the second time that Porto won the Portuguese league by beating its rival at its home soil, the first time being 71 years ago, in the 1939–40 season when Porto clinched the title by defeating Benfica at the Estádio das Amoreiras.

If Carlo goes (which i still pray he dont) he is my 1st choice.

Not to mention his job at Academia, when he took over they looked set to do a Derby 2008 until he took them to mid table safety.

That is all nice Tomo, and I fully agree. He's a legend in the making, but chances are pretty slim if you ask me, but still I said that for Torres also while we were linked to him...

An interesting stat..

I also believe that we are a team that scored bunch of goals from/after set pieces.

ok since Carlo took over.....

2009/2010 played 38, won 27, drew 5, lost 6

2010/2011 played 38, won 21, drew 8, lost 9

soooo..... We've played 76, won 48, drew 13, lost 15

Lost 9 games this season, he's even picking his strongest team against Everton when the season's over and there's nothing to play for and loses, fucking pointless.

15 losses in 2 seasons, yet he's won the double and came 2nd. Strange.

Edited by OllieCFC

ok since Carlo took over.....

2009/2010 played 38, won 27, drew 5, lost 6

2010/2011 played 38, won 21, drew 8, lost 9

soooo..... We've played 76, won 48, drew 13, lost 15

Lost 9 games this season, he's even picking his strongest team against Everton when the season's over and there's nothing to play for and loses, fucking pointless.

15 losses in 2 seasons, yet he's won the double and came 2nd. Strange.

Don't forget the other teams in PL who are really good. First, rest of big 4: United, Shitty and Arse, then Bolton, Everton, AVilla, Stoke, Sunderland, Liverpool and some others too like Wolves, Birmingham and Newcastle. Let's not forget the others to who are all giving all they've got when they're against us. Add to this Champions League, 2 cups and some injuries and it's hard to have as many victories as Barcelona.

http://www.chelseafc...2364758,00.html

CHELSEA STATEMENT

Posted on: Sun 22 May 2011Chelsea Football Club can confirm that Carlo Ancelotti parted company with the club today (Sunday, 22 May).

The owner and board would like to thank Carlo for his contribution and achievements since taking over as manager in July 2009, which included winning the Double for the first time in the club's history.

However, this season's performances have fallen short of expectations and the club feels the time is right to make this change ahead of next season's preparations.

Carlo will always be welcome at Stamford Bridge, where he will be given the reception and respect his position in our history deserves.

Chelsea's long-term football objectives and ambitions remain unchanged and we will now be concentrating all our efforts on identifying a new manager.

There will be no further comment until that appointment is made.