Josh McEachran

Term-X

I wonder what the comments would be if Josh wasn't our local boy, if he was signed for 5-10M. I will always support him, no matter what happens and who comes in. Of course I like our kid better than some other youngster like Van Ginkel.

If Jose thinks a loan move would do him good then find him a good environment and hope he can deliver. Good luck Josh !

maybe essien - MVG our best pivot so far i think

but only in term of passing ability and ball distribution

McEachrahn > MvG > Essien > Ramires

sorry if i too overhyped him :D

but that what i saw from this game

i think he perform well today, and his passing i really love it

I just agree with this post

I was thinking exactly that! Josh was passing into pockets of space with ease whilst MvG was struggling to go forward.

That's the thing I love about Joshy's game is that he always looks to go forward with fast and decisive passing that unlocks doors and turns defences inside and out.

although he absolutely still need works on because MvG maybe more complete midfielder than him

McEachran has always been a brilliant passer, don't know why people are surprised or anything. It's the other aspects on his game he needs to desperately work on and that's why MVG > McEachran because Marco is far more rounded and ready for first team action.

Nice little cameo from Josh though.

I was thinking exactly that! Josh was passing into pockets of space with ease whilst MvG was struggling to go forward.

That's the thing I love about Joshy's game is that he always looks to go forward with fast and decisive passing that unlocks doors and turns defences inside and out.

You don't always have to go forward though. Josh will sometimes try and force a 30 or 40 yard pass as opposed to playing a safer option, helping the team recycle possession.

Really...if people are so concerned with the defensive aspect of his game, why is sending him on loan the best and maybe the only option? Is it practically impossible to improve youth players in this club by including them in the first team?

As far as I'm concerned, a loan move is a massive waste of time as he doesn't get to play his natural game. He would be better off here, making sub appearances and starting against weaker opposition.

You don't always have to go forward though. Josh will sometimes try and force a 30 or 40 yard pass as opposed to playing a safer option, helping the team recycle possession.

True say, though because Josh likes to play attacking football doesn't mean he can't play safe, possession footy.

I think someone from our coaching staff mentioned before that a loan move is good for Josh to keep his consistency up. He is talented, yes. But he needs to have a playing consistency of at least 20-30 competitive games per season. The transition from swansea to middlesbrough loan was big for him and in the middle of last yr season he got injured and got fatigued!

He is skilled and talent-wise he is ready for first team but he will develop better his whole-rounded game if he gets consistent playing time.

It would be good for him to stick around the first team and develop but if you are not going to play what is the point? Loan football is vital in that situation then rather than stall and play U21 football for us. Loans for the likes of Cleverley and Wilshere who are similar in play helped them very well and Josh should be able to prove he is worth it out on loan because next season he is up against many players who are advanced of him right now.

I can see why people say it helps with him sticking around with the first team but on his part and the club's part of assessing his ability he needs a loan to keep learning his trade and develop physically. Just because his previous loan moves was not total successes that is not to say that he can't prove himself again if/when he goes out on loan. There are many teams I look at in the PL/Championship where I believe he can get playing time in his natural position.

That's mot true. Josh can play possession short-passing football extremely well. He did it brilliantly in the England U21 Euro qualifiers.

Don't get why people are criticizing Josh's defending after yesterday. Yes he used to have problems in that aspect, but I thought yesterday he was defensively sound and solid. His movement and positioning were excellent, he blocked the passing angles well and pressured at the right time and even made a few tackles (gave away two fouls).

I know he only played for 25 mins, but can someone make a video compilation of his performance?

If we play 4 2 3 1 then he will have to compete with Ramires,Marko,Lampard,Mikel and Essien. So we'll have 6 players for those 2 positions and possibly few more if we consider Luiz and Oscar for maybe an injury situation.So a loan move would be the perfect option for Josh.

When he does come back from the loan spell(next season) I'd really want Jose to maybe sell Essien or Mikel(if they have an average season) so that Josh can get some squad player kind of role.Also it would be better if he doesn't buy another dm because it would create the same situation again for Josh.

This guy can be a really good player for us and I really want him to succeed here.For me I'd rather see him be a second choice dm for Chelsea than a possible primary choice at yet another club at loan.I think its time the club stop trying to get all the next big thing every season because we already have a bunch of them in the squad who are always going out on loan.

Looks like his bulked up a bit, would send him to palace or Fulham for 6 months and see but I believe his better than Van Ginkel or even Nath..

Regardless of what we have seen from pre-season, he is not in the same caliber as MVG right now. MVG already has an international cap and played a full season in the Eredivise where he excelled. He has just under 20 goals from his time at Vitesse. Very decent for a midfield player at 20 years old and inspired Vitesse to a close title challenge with Ajax last season. But yes, I agree to send him on loan maybe to somewhere like Palace but right now he is not better than MVG and I think even Chalobah has in someways exceeded him so far.

That's mot true. Josh can play possession short-passing football extremely well. He did it brilliantly in the England U21 Euro qualifiers.

Don't get why people are criticizing Josh's defending after yesterday. Yes he used to have problems in that aspect, but I thought yesterday he was defensively sound and solid. His movement and positioning were excellent, he blocked the passing angles well and pressured at the right time and even made a few tackles (gave away two fouls).

I know he only played for 25 mins, but can someone make a video compilation of his performance?

No one is criticizing his defending from a pre-season game, that would be stupid. His involvement yesterday just sparked a discussion about him. I would have made the same arguments 2 weeks ago, as would everyone else I presume.